Let’s face it, we’ve all seen a couple of real fashion doozies this year. Whether they were at any one of the major award ceremonies, premieres or just disasters spotted on the street, our celebrities have made some grade-A worst-dressed choices in 2012. As always, as we look back at it all, we thought we would compile said bad sartorial decisions into one big, bad list. A top 20, to be precise. We’ve also compiled the looks in a gallery for you to pore through. We’re going to break it down for you from number 20 right up to numero uno. Feel free to let us know if you agree with the list, and if we missed anyone.
20. Jennifer Lawrence: We’re so sad that Jennifer is on this list, but her blue, swirl-printed, boob-squishing, shiny Viktor & Rolf dress worn at the People’s Choice Awards gave us a headache.
19. Jessica Chastain: Jessica Chastain is such a beautiful woman but this Prabal Gurung dress, worn at the CFDA Fashion Awards was anything but fashionable on her. It also completely washed her out.
18. Elle Fanning: She may be young, but she’s a total fashionista. So when Elle wore this random Prada mess with those strange platforms by the same brand, to the Breaking Dawn – Part 2 premiere in L.A. it broke our hearts.
13. Lindsay Lohan: Too much blush, way fake hair extensions, a cheap-looking satin gown, diamond cut-out with red tear-drops … oh, Lindsay. She could have done so much better to the premiere of Liz & Dick.
11. Jessica Szohr: Leopard-print headband? High-tops? Bodysuit? It’s a mash-up of fashion decade trends gone wrong on Jessica at the MTV Video Music Awards.
10. Rita Ora: Rita’s Emilio Pucci jumpsuit worn at the MTV Video Music Awards physically assaulted our eyes.
9. Claire Danes: This Preen dress, which Claire wore to the premiere of Girls, was just a big ball of HELL NO.
8. Fergie: Fergie knew her underpants were showing through her neon orange Jean Paul Gaultier lace gown at the Grammys, right?
7. Miley Cyrus: Miley wore a a white tuxedo jacket by Jean Paul Gaultier and pretty much nothing else to the Billboard Music Awards. Fail.
5. Lea Michele: What the hell was Lea thinking when she put on this Zimmermann dress and body suit for the Elle Women in Hollywood lunch? Oh yeah … she wasn’t thinking.
4. Nicki Minaj: Nicki Minaj looked like something found in the reject bin at Charlie’s Chocolate Factory at the launch of her MAC Viva Glam lipglass at Selfridges in London.
2. Rihanna: Ri-Ri was unapologetically badly-dressed in what can only be described as a pajama suit to the launch of her album Unapologetic. One of many bizarre fashion choices this year that landed her in the runner-up spot.
1. Lady Gaga: Are you surprised at Gaga being number one on this list? No you’re not! From bondage wear in America to hair gowns in Hong Kong, Mother Monster was global with her sartorial snafus all year.
[Photo: Getty Images/ Splash News Online]