Looks like we’ve got a regular John C. Reilly on our hands! (Note: John C. Reilly is our benchmark for a versatile acting career. The man was in The Hours and Talladega Nights, so…) Deadline reported today that Josh Hutcherson is currently “negotiating” for the lead in Paradise Lost, across from, you know, Benicio Del Toro playing the infamous drug king pin Pablo Escobar. Does that seem weird to you? Does the film’s description: “Nick, a young Irish surfer who visits his brother in Colombia. There he meets the love of his life — until he meets her uncle Pablo”? Well, it shouldn’t. Josh has basically been cycling through every film genre imaginable since he started in TV movies a decade ago. It was only a matter of time he hit “Drug Action Thriller” after starring in genres like..
- Dramedy: Josh killed in The Kids Are All Right.
- Action: Journey to the Center of the Earth, Hunger Games, Journey 2, Red Dawn… no Spider-Man, sadly. At least not yet.
- Heartbreaking Family Fantasy: We cannot even talk about Bridge to Terabithia. Don’t make us.
- Comedy Horror: Detention, baby!
- Vampires: Ever heard of a little movie called Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant? Okay, great. Now can you tell us what it’s about? Because we’ve never met anyone who has.
- Animated Christmas-Themed Train Films: Okay, so that’s not exactly a genre, but we love that we got to remind ourselves Josh was in The Polar Express.
Wow, so is Rom-Com the only genre left? You’re right. Let’s save the best for last, Hutcherson.
[Photo: Getty Images]