The two-headed monster of reality TV, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, are back in the biz — but their (many) haters on this side of the Atlantic can breathe a sigh of relief for now, since they’re making their return in the U.K.’s Celebrity Big Brother. For a few days now, we were all wondering whether the Hills couple was pulling some kind of stunt, since their tour through London was suspiciously well-documented by the paps. Then they made their big plans official as they entered the BB house last night. “It’s going to be hard because I really don’t like other people,” Pratt said in a taped interview, per Us Weekly. “I’m ready to get in there. I’m ready to do battle. It’s on.”
It’s not that surprising that Speidi are returning to the reality-TV game, especially after they told Access Hollywood last year that they’d squandered $1 million and were living in a place owned by Spencer’s family to save money.
In case you have selective amnesia, here are some other highlights from the illustrious career of Speidi:
- After launching her career as Lauren Conrad’s roommate on The Hills, Heidi stole the show once she hooked up with Spencer, who quickly became LC’s enemy.
- While on the show, the couple eloped in a stunt designed for the tabloids. That actually turned out not to be a legal union, so they got married in a huge ceremony on The Hills.
- Spencer helped finance Heidi’s “singing” career, which peaked when she sang her single, “Body Language,” at the Miss Universe pageant in 2009.
- They spread their drama to I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here in June 2009, leaving the show twice — once because the “devil” told them to leave the jungle, and then because Heidi got sick.
- In the meantime, they also started a feud with Al Roker, of all people.
- Speidi released a book together called, How to Be Famous.
- Heidi made herself practically unrecognizable by undergoing 10 plastic surgery procedures at once. Based on recent photos, her forehead seems to have returned to human size.
- They seemed to file for divorce in 2010, but later revealed that the split was entirely fake and an attempt to get on a British TV show.
- Instead, Heidi landed on VH1′s own Famous Food in 2011.
Wow, OK, in writing this we somehow talked ourselves back into being curious about what could possibly go down with these two in a Big Brother situation. Curse them! How do they do it?
[Photo: Getty Images]