Spring has finally sprung, and the shift into warm weather has an intense, almost physical effect on us all. No, it ain’t allergies; it’s spring fever, folks! The time of the year when we get our energy back, and feel more alive than ever. Love is in the air (along with pollen), and it’s hard to resist the urge to ask that special someone out on a date. So don’t resist! Sure dates can be kind of intimidating, but don’t worry: We’ve got you covered with this handy list of the 50 Greatest Date Movies of All Time. Read on and fear no more!
50. 500 Days Of Summer (2009)For every sensitive guy who’s ever loved a girl because of her music taste, this one’s for you. Welcome to the Indie Kid’s Casablanca, as Joseph Gordon-Levitt falls in love with Zooey Deschanel’s textbook Manic Pixie Dream Girl.
49. Mr & Mrs. Smith (2005)This movie depicting a husband and wife who occasionally try to kill each other is probably the most accurate representation of relationships on this list. We also can thank this flick for Brangelina!
48. Sabrina (1995)It’s a classic “Boy hires chauffeur, chauffeurs daughter loves boy, boy doesn’t notice her until she grows up and gets a fashion internship at Vogue” tale.
47. Big (1988)This one’s could send mixed signals as a date movie, considering Tom Hanks is playing a kid in a man’s body. Maybe save this for the third or fourth date.
46. Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)Technically a break-up movie, but it’s so funny that it doesn’t even matter. Works really well for a rebound date.