5. Titanic (1997)Not to generalize, but the ladies love the relationship-driven first half of the film, whereas most guys like the second half where s–t (and the ship) goes down.
4. When Harry Met Sally… (1989)Nora Ephron’s masterpiece seeks to answer the age old question: can men and women just be friends? SPOILER ALERT: They kinda can’t. The deli scene alone is worth the price of admission.
3. That Thing You Do (1996)Literally every girlfriend we’ve ever had has had a soft spot for this semi-obscure flick about a band achieving success in the summer of 1964. An underused date-night gem, in our opinion!
2. The Notebook (2004)The rain kiss. Come on now. This is date night napalm. Use in emergencies.
1. Casablanca (1942)The definition of a classic. End of story. Nothing else to say.