Carmen Electra and Ashlee Simpson are designing rooms for a new Hard Rock Hotel. Because nobody knows hotel rooms better than Carmen Electra.
- James Van Der Beek has signed on to star in a comedy pilot for CBS. Unlike Dawson’s Creek, the show will be funny on purpose.
- Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti left the NME Awards early to have sex with girlfriend Drew Barrymore. I think Drew’s losing her touch… the old Barrymore would’ve just done it AT the Awards.
- Speaking of The Strokes, Kate Moss has been spotted with guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. Why not?
- Diana Ross. Stevie Wonder. Marvin Gaye. Lindsay Lohan? One of these things is not like the others.
- The readers of NME have voted Pete Doherty the Sexiest Man Alive. Many believe he’s going to have trouble fulfilling his duty of staying alive.
Posts By BobCastrone
I’m in a great mood today, because tonight I’m going to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Hoboken. Badminton Stamps has their song "Pin" ready for download, as well as some other cool tunes by The Strokes, Editors, and stellastarr*.
- Stereogum loves you. To prove it, he posted the track "I Love You" by Cat Power and Jack White’s supermodel wife Karen Elson.
- Can’t get enough of Ryan Adams? (If you answered ‘No!’, I have to ask: what’s wrong with you? The guy put out 3 albums last year. Stop being so greedy). An Aquarium Drunkard has a bunch of unreleased material, and it’s good. Real good.
- Listen, if an mp3 blog posts a Traveling Wilburys song– like Locust St. did today– I’m going to have to link it. That’s just the way it is.
- Live, The Refreshments, and Alice in Chains? Yeah, why not. Thanks to Muppetpastor 3.0, I feel 16 again… and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
This is the last Brokeback parody I’m ever going to post, I promise. This one was just too good to pass up on.
Link thanks to Gorillamask, naturally.
Katie Holmes has been visiting her local Scientology Center three times a day. She still hasn’t found the secret exit to escape.
- Goodfella Joe Pesci won’t be charged for allegedly punching a fan. And if anybody asks, you didn’t see nothin.
- Movies and TV shows that feature people interacting with cartoons have been banned in China. Roger Rabbit plans protest.
- Hilary Swank & Chad Lowe were spotted eating lunch together. It’s assumed that Swank picked up the tab.
- Vin Diesel is set to star in a new videogame movie. That’s one step closer to the headline "Vin Diesel set to star in videogame."
- Jack Osbourne denies romance with Kate Moss, which is shocking because wouldn’t you think it’d be the other way around?
Trapped in a closet last night? Watch this video to learn everything you need to know about what went down.
Oh, and what are you waiting for? Join our YouTube group today!
This terrifying photograph of Steven Seagal and Carrot Top is courtesy of The Superficial. Now it’s your turn.
There have been whispers of a 24 movie for quite some time now. But today, Moviehole has some gossip that could indicate it’s a done deal.
Kiefer has inked a 3 movie deal for a series of ’24′ movies at Fox. Yep, three. Chances are, you’ll see the first one going before-the-cameras as early as ’07. [continue reading]
Yes! I can’t wait.
Of course, now comes the question: do they do it in real time and call it 100 Minutes (plus credits) or do they stick with the 24-hour theme? Or do they abandon it completely and produce some sort of epic action movie that spans weeks– if not months. Gah! This is making my head hurt. All I know is that whatever they decide to do, I’ll be there opening night. It’s what Jack Bauer would want.
Indie For Dummies has a handful of tracks from The Indelicates, a band that may have two of the best song titles ever: "Waiting for Pete Doherty to Die" and "We Hate Kids." I like these guys.
- Speaking of bands who name songs after famous people, here’s Gorillaz with the song "Bill Murray." Thank you Pop Tart.
- My Ex-Bestfriend has posted some Coldplay covers that you may not have heard- give a listen to "Georgia On My Mind" and "Here Comes The Sun."
- Rbally posted an entire Shins concert straight outta Germany. I’m not usually a fan of concert tracks, but I can make an exception for The Shins.
- While you’re in a Garden State-of mind, head on over to Two and 1/2 Pounds of Bacon to download a great Iron & Wine track ("The Trapeze Singer"), as well as other songs that are good for dreaming.
- And finally, See You in the Pit has listed some Nada Surf tracks for your enjoyment. Download more than just "Popular." Seriously. You won’t be disappointed.
Lindsay Lohan says she doesn’t want to be called a "teen queen." Coincidentally, neither does Aaron Carter.
- Pete Doherty has been photographed smoking crack just two short weeks after vowing to never do drugs again. This officially makes him the first drug addict in history to ever relapse. Bastard.
- Britney Spears claims her singing voice is better ever since having a baby. America agrees that it’s cute Britney thinks we’ve ever cared about her voice.
- Hugh Grant reportedly attacked a photographer with a manila folder. Hugh Grant: even his weapons of choice are wussy.
- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony may be ready to adopt. Fertility experts assume it’s because of Marc’s inability to deliver a decent Latin Explosion.
- Donald Trump rips Martha Stewart a new one. The old one was torn to shreds in prison.
So Jon Stewart is getting ready to host the Oscars. Now, we here at Best Week Ever have no doubt that he will do a stellar job. He’s Jon Stewart. But we were hoping you could lend him a hand by writing out some jokes for this first timer. So who do you want him to go after? Should he pull a Chris Rock and attack Jude Law, or a David Letterman and harrass Uma Thurman? Should he pull a Billy Crystal and sing a song, or a Whoopi Goldberg and shave off his eyebrows? Again, totally your call.
After all that Jon Stewart’s done for you, it’s the least you can do. So leave your ideas in the comments section and who knows… maybe he’ll use your jokes at the big event (Assuming he reads this blog, of course.)