- New albums by Bright Eyes, The Rosebuds and Blonde Redhead come out today. Of course Muzzle of Bees has an mp3 from each of them to get you excited.
- You know if Said The Gramophone is posting an Avril Lavigne song it’s going to be a damn good one. Check it out now.
- The Punk Guy has a couple of Pavement tracks up, and well, that’s never a bad thing.
- Today The World Won’t Listen has an earthy mix of songs by Pulp, Wilco and Ray LaMontagne that would make Al Gore proud.
- And finally, here’s the new band Bono Must Die courtesy of The Putz Factory. Whether you agree with their name or not, you should head on over to their MySpace ASAP and check out their “Sexyback” cover. Seriously. Do it.
Posts By BobCastrone
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been living on TV in Japan. The site is just that- Japanese television- and it’s awesome. Just check out this Nicolas Cage interview from the show SMAPXSMAP (which I believe is pronounced “smajeijpikj;h”) and see why Japanese TV shows are so much better than ours. Oh, and make sure you pay attention to how damn cool Nic is; any Lost In Translation potential is erased by his laid back ‘tude. Nic Cage & Japanese TV- literally the best of both worlds.
If this internet thing sticks around for a while, eventually we’re going to have Top 10 lists about everything. I’m not sure where this Double Viking list of Top 10 Celebrity Butterfaces will rank in the grand scheme of things, but right now it seems pretty damn essential (well… at least when you compare it to lists like The Top 10 Most 80’sish 80’s 80’s stars and s**t like that.)
Anyway, click here to check out the list. Everyone from Haylie Duff to one of the Pussycat Dolls is on there (wait- just one of the Pussycat Dolls?) And yes, you already know who #1 is. Believe me…. you know.
Link via Collegehumor
- OKAY GRANDMA: George Clooney says he “doesn’t even know how to get onto YouTube.” Now get off his lawn ya damn kids, it’s his ball now! (Gawker)
- YOU’VE BEEN DUNST: Kirsten Dunst’s new boyfriend reportedly dumped her and got back with his ex-girlfriend. The breakup is rumored to have left Dunst crazy/beautiful (how’s that for a lame reference/joke? Thank you.). (Celebitchy)
- AN APPLE A DAY: Apple sold its 100 millionth iPod. That officially makes YOU the last person on the planet to have one. Loser. (Reuters)
- SCHLOCK ROCK: Marilyn Manson says his new album has “a cannibal, consumption, obsessive, violent-sex, romance angle – but with an upbeat swing to it.” Ugly teenagers are believed to be incredibly excited. (Celebslam)
- MILLER TIME: Sienna Miller admits she eats a lot of crap, has cellulite, and fears that all the burgers that she eats will attack her ass. But not if I attack it first! (Celebrity Mound)
We here at BWE would like to congratulate the folks at Mad TV for finally figuring out that “Best Week Ever” kind of sounds like “Best Weed Ever”. Get it? Get it? Well, if you don’t, you will after watching this hilarious spoof.
Oh Mad TV, you’re so irreverent!
This just in: making fun of Paris Hilton is officially off-limits. In a related story, every entertainment blog across the world has closed up shop and announced there’s no reason to go on anymore. Mission accomplished.
Okay, seriously now, imagine if we weren’t allowed to make fun of Paris anymore? Well, apparently her lawyers are trying to make that a reality. According to Page 6, our buddy Michael K over at DListed received a letter from Paris’ lawyer demanding he remove a picture on his site that was created by the Gallery of the Absurd. The letter read:
“This poster clearly implies Ms. Hilton has loathsome diseases and also implies Ms. Hilton uses Vicodin. The inferences . . . are false and de famatory.”
Okay- this is upsetting on so many levels. One, Paris’ lawyer must be as braindead as she is if he’s threatening Michael K and not, you know, the person who actually made it. Two, if cartoons of Paris are off-limits, I wonder how her lawyers felt about the South Park episode a couple of years back that implied Paris could stick an entire pineapple up her vajayjay ? I think that’s a little more defmatory than implying she uses drugs. And finally, proving that her lawyers are completely missing the boat, it’s clear that in the picture Paris is the one using Valtrex and Nicole Richie is the one using Vicodin. Um, obviously.
So cartoonists of the world: beware. Drawing mean pictures of Paris Hilton might be dangerous. Not for you, per se, but for people who support you. Keep that in mind the next time you want to imply that she has “loathsome diseases.” No one is safe.
- A new Bjork track has leaked onto the web. Luckily Idolator was there to mop it up and share it with the rest of us.
- Culture Bully has an entire Arctic Monkeys performance available for download that’s a must-have for fans. And monkeys.
- Out The Other posted a couple of Spoon tracks today– nothing wrong with that.
- You need to head over to You Aint No Picasso and add Lesbians On Ecstasy onto your iPod, if for no other reason than to tell your friends you’re into Lesbians on Ecstasy.
- And last but not least, Mike Went West doesn’t advocate binge-drinking, but he does think you should check out both Bob Dylan & Cat Power’s version of the song “Moonshiner”. While sober, preferably.
Last night marked the much-anticipated return of our favorite Hollywood Entourage and boy, were we excited. That was, of course, until we watched the episode and were reminded that the show isn’t really that great. Oh well- it’s still fun to watch. Anyway, here are 8 random thoughts about the season premiere in no particular order (um, spoiler alert… I guess).
1. Turtle is borderline retarded. Throughout the entire episode he was stressing over how to pay for Vince’s birthday party– somehow it doesn’t dawn on him until the end to get the party sponsored. Maybe he should’ve saved himself some time and rented Entourage Season 1 on DVD to remind himself that he’s done it before. I would’ve lent him mine if I thought it’d speed his plotline along.
2. Ari accusing E of having Little Man Syndrome is the funniest thing that’s ever happened on the show. In fact, I’m pretty sure that when Piven used the phrase “little man syndrome” it became an act of little man syndrome. Oh, I love it when weebles fight. How adorable!
3. Do you think it’s kind of weird for Adrian Grenier that he’s more famous on the show than he is in real life? I’m just askin’.
4. The producers know they’re allowed to cast ugly women too, right? I’m not saying they have to, but they should know it’s an option. When the role of Vince’s new agent came up, I applaud the man who said, “You know, instead of hiring some older chick with experience that might look the part, let’s go with a hot broad with nice cans.” And you know he phrased it just like that.
It’s not even Spring yet (wait… is it? I can’t even tell) but people are already hailing the new Judd Apatow movie Knocked Up as the comedy hit of the summer. Having seen it, I have to say, they’re probably right. But if that’s the case, what does that make Superbad– a movie that stars most of the same people and features that same awkward-slash-endearing comedy style that made The 40-Year-Old-Virgin a hit? I don’t know. Whatever it is, you should check out this trailer. Arrested Development‘s George Michael makes the movie worth the price of admission all by himself.
- Disney has changed its policy and will now allow same-sex couples to participate in its popular Fairy Tale Wedding program. Because it’s about time homosexuals are given the same rights as cartoon rodents.
- Coca Cola has taken legal action against the producers of an Italian film that depicts Jesus drinking Coke in the desert. He was clearly a Diet Coke kind of guy.
- Radio talk-show host Don Imus upset some people by calling the Rutgers’ women’s basketball team “nappy headed ho’s.” Most upset of all? The nappy-headed ho’s.
- A Vegas magician claims Anna Nicole Smith performed oral sex on him after he levitated her for a segment of her reality TV show. She figured one good trick deserved another.
- According to the NFL Network, Larry David has been talking to the NY Jets about their draft needs. Officials say his advice was pretty… pretty… pretty good.