Adele has sold approximately ninety zillion (give or take) copies of her instant classic 21 this year, so it’s no surprise that she’s playing to sold out venues all over the world. Some of her more famous fans were spotted attending her concert at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles last night! Dianna Agron looked stunning and see-throughy in a mildly scando sheer top, while Glee-mate Amber Riley took a more wrapped up approach in a colorful flowery blouse. Some stars made a romantic evening out of it, as Jessica Simpson showed up with fiance Eric Johnson on her arm, and America Ferrera brought along her hubby, Mr. America Ferrera (sorry, we mean Ryan Piers William). Fellow world-shaking Brit Robert Pattinson was rumored to have attended, but sadly gave the paps the slip. But many other celebs didn’t! Check out the gallery below to see what other stars came out to groove to Adele.
Ding dong the witch is cancelled! After six years as the scariest reality matriarch this side of Kris Jenner, TLC has decided to pull the plug on Kate Gosselin and her army of cuteness. The network has issued a statement that they have decided not to renew Kate Plus 8, a series which follows the wacky antics of an exploited family disintegrating in front of a cold, unflinching camera lens. Kate took to her twitter to confirm the end of the show’s stretch after nearly 150 episodes. “TLC cancelled it. I’m sorry. We’ve had a great run! Six years of whirlwind fun-filled adventures.” Yet she’s looking ahead to the future, expressing a desire to do some “motivational speaking, book writing…and maybe even some dating!” She insists it’s not an end, but a new beginning. “Remember,” she wrote, “This is not a goodbye. I prefer to say, ‘See you around.’” We prefer “Goodbye.”
But she’s right, it isn’t totally over for Kate and the gang. TLC plans to “check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future.” No word on whether daddy Jon, who bitterly split from Kate last year, will be invited back as well. But he did reveal to Radar Online that he was very relieved at the cancellation. “I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future.” Or they’ll just make it into a spin-off series, Reality Rehab.
Band fight! It’s no news that Kings of Leon have been facing some major inner turmoil after lead singer Caleb Followill bounced in the middle of the show, leading the band to call offÃ‚Â the remainder of its tour. Followill has credited the cancellation to “exhaustion”, but fellow musicians Hanson are saying that the Kings should suck it up and and deliver the rock ‘n’ roll goods. The mmmBop-ers are calling K.O.L. out for not showing gratitude to their fans, and they’re using some nasty names as well. “I have a hard time with musicians who act like pricks because it just makes me mad,” elder Hanson-bro Isaactold . “If you’re actually making a living [making music], pinch yourself every day, because it goes if you don’t love it. People will eventually get pissed off.”
He goes on to say that by canceling gigs, they’re alienating their fans. “The Kings of Leon are running some risks. They’re irritating people and you can’t do that too much. Eventually the bad boy image affects fans’ willingness to show up.” But the cancellations are probably not just a bad-boy image stunt. There have been whispers of something wrong in the Leon camp for some time, and just recently the group has been trying to convince Followill to check into rehab. The head Hanson shows some sympathy, but says that this still doesn’t excuse their lack of professionalism. “Everybody has their demons, everyone has their challenges. I’m a bit of a hothead in certain circumstances, but you’ve got to temper it because your fans are there. They’ve paid good money to see a show, and you gotta bring it.”
It’s Comeback Monday here at The Fab Life! We’ve already told you about Mike Myers bringing Austin Powers back to the big screen, and now we’ve got some equally exciting news for the small screen. The Daily Mail is reporting that Sex And The City is set to return to television, with the original cast intact! The producers, including Sarah Jessica Parker, apparently met in Los Angeles last week to discuss the resurrection of Carrie and her friends. “Ultimately Darren Star, the man who created the hit series, will have the overall say,” a source told the Mail. “But everyone is agreed a TV show is the direction they want to take the franchise in.”
This is amazing news for fans of the show, but it also means that any plans for the much-discussed movie prequel will likely be put on ice for the time being. “Sarah Jessica Parker will be producing [and] she was worried about doing another film after the bad reaction to the SATC2 movie,” The source continued. “But a TV show is definitely something she wants to happen. They want to make the TV series before doing another film.” Are you pumped for the new episodes, or are you bummed about having to wait for the prequel that will add some fresh faces to the franchise? Let us know!
The parade of sequels keeps on coming, and it freaks us out, baby! It looks like after nine years, Mike Myers is bringing Austin Powers back to the big screen, and annoying British-accented catch phrases back to middle schools. HitFlix’s Drew McWeeny is reporting that the comedian has just signed on for a role in what is arguably his most famous and well-loved franchise. So far there’ s no official word on the plot or director, but it’s slated to be hashed out with Myers’ confidant and former director Jay Roach.
Mike has been surprisingly quiet lately, not offering up any live action staring roles since 2008′s summer disaster The Love Guru. The man of many faces is notoriously picky about which characters he wants to bring to the screen. He’s famously killed several big screen/big budget adaptions of his Saturday Night Live creations, including Dieter from Sprockets and Linda Richmond from Coffee Talk. Even though it seemed like he intended 2002′s Goldmember to wrap up the Austin Powers saga (tellingly ending it with a ‘The End’ placed before the credits), we guess Mike feels like there’s more of a story to tell. Or the bills are stacking up now that the Shrek series is finished. Either way, someone is about to get shagged.
Jamie Campbell Bower is a charmed man. The twenty-two year old is one of only two actors to have graced both the Harry Potter and the Twilight films. Who’s the other one, you ask? His Royal Hotness Robert Pattinson. So that being said, we listen up when JCB talks. And just recently he opened up to InStyleabout his experiences playing Gellert Gindelwald Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Caius in Breaking Dawn.
But most importantly, Jamie uses his unique position to settle the age old question: who would win in a franchise fight, the Harry Potter Crew, or Team Twilight? “If it was just the two leads – Edward vs Harry – I said Edward would win in that situation, because once you get the wand out of Harry’s hand, he’s dead.” Excellent strategy, but he admits that it’s not always that simple. “You’ve thrown a new dynamic into it because if it was a team battle. Honestly then, I don’t know.” While weighing the pros and cons he admits it would be a close fight. “I probably have to say the vampires again. They do move at super speed. But the other guys have wands and you can stand back, you don’t have to get so close. Who knows?” The debate rages on…
Justin Timberlake has been really loving the whole thespian thing lately. And hey, if it gets you tight with Mila Kunis, who are we to judge him. But his fans have been worried that the Friends With Benefits star has abandoned his first love, singing. But fear not folks, because JT has finally returned to music! Kind of. The renaissance man has recently directed a music video for the Memphis hip-hop group Free Sol, which he shared yesterday through his twitter.
The track’s called “Hoodies On, Hats Low,” and the vid features an appearance from a hooded Justin, who rocks out on the air drums and chimes in on the chorus. The song ain’t have bad…we just wish it would feature more singing from the man who brought sexy back! Has it really been five years already? Come home, Justin! Don’t leave us with LMFAO!
Sorry 90s TV fans, but it looks like Zach Morris is off the market. Yes, Mark-Paul Gosselaar is engaged, and amazingly/sadly it isn’t to Kelly Kapowski. The ink has barely dried on his May divorce from Lisa Ann Russell, but Mark has popped the question to ad exec Catriona McGinn over the weekend. “He couldn’t wait to propose,” his friend Neil Lane told People. Neil also designed the custom 5 carat cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. “He was so excited to have found the woman of his dreams.” We’re so excited! And we just can’t hide it! No wedding date has been set yet, but we sure hope they hold the reception at The Max. You can’t mess with tradition.
Not content with merely being a a stomach flashing reality tycoon, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino wants a chance to flex his acting muscles, which he seems to think are as big as his biceps. In fact, he wants to follow in the footsteps of great thespians like Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Leonardo DiCaprio…and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Let’s aim for The Rock and see what happens, Mike. To be fair, he does have some similarities with this list of masters. He shares the Italian heritage with Rob, Al and Leo, and both The Sitch and The Rock are known for being shirtless. Plus they both have “The” in their names. He’ll be a natural!
He recently opened up to In Touch Onlineabout his next career move. “Obviously, I look up to De Niro and Pacino, and for someone who’s closer in age Leo [DiCaprio] — I’d eventually like to make great movies someday,” told “But I’m trying to go in a trajectory similar to ‘The Rock,’ [Dwayne Johnson], who took his bold personality and phrases from the WWE into film.” We’re not sure if you can jump from the Rock track to the De Niro track, but Mike’s sure gonna try! He’s making his acting debut with a cameo in the upcoming Three Stooges remake. Maybe someday he’ll be trading those vodka bottles for Oscars.
Kiowa Gordon, known for playing the shape-shifting werewolf Embry Call in the Twilight franchise, has been arrested in Mesa, Arizona for suspicion of driving under the influence. Things got even more grim for the Twi-hottie when cops discovered that he also had an outstanding warrant, TMZ is reporting. Apparently the 21-year-old Kiowa skipped out on a court appearance in February 2010 for possession of drug paraphernalia and distributing alcohol to minors. The Breaking Dawn actor is reportedly still in custody, but we’ll be sure to give you updates on this breaking story! So far we have no word from any Team Jacob reps.
UPDATE:TMZ is reporting that Kiowa was not arrested for a DUI, but instead pulled over for what police called “routine registration check” in Tempe, AZ. It was during the check that the police computer revealed his outstanding warrant, and the actor was then brought into custody.