Head back here for the announcement of VH1 Presents: “The FABlife of Panem Giveaway.”
1. PROMOTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. “The FABlife of Panem Giveaway” on Twitter (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., on behalf of its VH1 programming channel (“VMN” or “Sponsor”). The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion commences at 5:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on March 21, 2012 and ends at 4:59:59 PM (EDT) on March 26, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by 4:59:59 PM (EDT) on March 26, 2012.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of one (1) of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or District of Columbia, (ii) are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry, and (iii) have a www.twitter.com account to enter. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parent/legal guardian in order to enter be declared a Prize Winner (as hereinafter defined). Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) as well as any individual (whether related or not) living in the same household as any employee of Sponsor, Viacom International Inc., Mammoth Advertising (“Mammoth”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) acknowledge compliance with each provision of these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (c) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Promotion and/or the use or misuse or redemption of the Prizes (as hereinafter defined), and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, go to http://www.twitter.com/#!/thefablife and from your Twitter account follow the @thefablife account and tweet: (i) a comment about what scene you can’t wait to see in The Hunger Games movie; (ii) the #HungerGamesVH1 hashtag and (iii) the url to the Official Rules: http://www.thefablife.com/?p=227870 (collectively, the “Tweet”) For example, (“Can’t wait for Katniss and Peeta in the cave! #HungerGamesVH1 Official Rules: http://www.thefablife.com/?p=227870). All three (3) elements of the Tweet must be present to be considered an Eligible Entry (as hereinafter defined). A Tweet that does not contain a scene, the hashtag and/or url to the Official Rules will be disqualified. (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.) BY TWEETING THE VH1-SPECIFIED HASHTAG AND OFFICIAL RULES URL YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the Official @thefablife Twitter account located at http://www.twitter.com/#!/thefablife so you can see the Prize Winner’s announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the Prize Winner notification described in Section 5. Please note that if you do not respond to the Prize Winner notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Prize Winner will be selected. Limit one (1) Tweet per person/Twitter account per day allowed. Retweets of the same Tweet by the same Twitter account holder, automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. Users may continue to send tweets to the @thefablife account; however, entrants will be limited to only one (1) Tweet per person/Twitter account per day for consideration into the Promotion. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries” or each an “Eligible Entry”. Each Eligible Entry will count as one (1) entry into the Promotion. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with her/her entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits of entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @TheFABLife inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Promotion), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Participation in this Promotion by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Promotion, including notifying you if you are a Prize Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions
5. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) and one (1) first prize winner (the “First Prize Winner”) selected at random among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about March 28, 2012. The Grand Prize Winner together with the First Prize Winner, collectively hereinafter defined as each a “Prize Winner”. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over a forty-eight (48) hour period following Prize Winner selection to contact each potential Prize Winner via direct message to such Prize Winner’s Twitter account and via tweets from http://www.twitter.com/#!/thefablife. If any potential Prize Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Prize Winner responds.
6. PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Each potential Prize Winner must be a legal resident of one (1) of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or District of Columbia and must be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of prize fulfillment. Each potential Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by any potential Prize Winner, such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Prize Winner must sign and return to Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Promotion Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Promotion or the use/misuse or acceptance of any Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for such Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use their name, image and likeness in and in connection with the advertising and publicity of VH1, and VMN without additional compensation; and (c) Prize Winner’s acknowledgment and agreement of compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Entry into this Promotion constitutes each Prize Winner’s agreement to sign such releases. Each Prize Winner also must acknowledge that the Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to any Prize and that Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for (if applicable) any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to any Prize. Each Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to any Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or Prize Winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Promotion are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of any Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. PRIZES: The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following grand prize (the “Grand Prize”):
• One (1) The Hunger Games Pin
• One (1) Katniss Character Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Mini – Katniss Character Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Holiday/Stadium Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Mini Holiday/Stadium Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Final Poster
The First Prize Winner will receive the following first prize (the “First Prize”):
• One (1) Katniss Character Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Mini – Katniss Character Poster
• One (1) The Hunger Games Holiday/Stadium Poster
* All Prizing is subject to availability and change at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, without any prior notice and at any time, to replace any or all prizes with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Additional restrictions may apply.
The First Place Prize together with the Grand Prize may sometimes be referred to collectively as the “Prizes” or “Prize”.
The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $45.00 and the ARV of the First Prize is $20.00.
The total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion is $65.00
The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
If for any reason any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Promotion in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The date for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within approximately 2-4 weeks of selection and verification of Prize Winner, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. GENERAL PRIZE TERMS: Arrangements for fulfillment of Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes are solely Prize Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to the Prize Winner as income. Each Prize Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Prize Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prizes received. Upon entry into the Promotion, each Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely Prize Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize(s) of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. GENERAL TERMS: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR PROMOTION ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human or technological error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Promotion. The Sweepstake Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, inability to access the any web site, failure of any e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. The Sweepstake Entities are not responsible for entries not received due to failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, communications line failure or other delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries; unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any typographical, printing, mechanical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the Prizes and/or Prize Winner(s). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (or any portion thereof). In such event, notice will be posted on the @thefablife Twitter account and the Prizes may be awarded to a Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received, if any, up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Promotion.
Entrants agree not to defame or disparage Sponsor and its parent and affiliate companies.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECTION.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the Borough of Manhattan, City and State of New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall include attorneys’ fees associated with participation in the Promotion; (c) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (d) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law governs these Official Rules, the Promotion and all aspects related thereto or arising there from. Each entrant (or his/her parent/legal guardian if such entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts.
Each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself and his or her executors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Promotion, to release all right to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Promotion Entities and hereby acknowledge that Promotion Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials (e.g., marketing, advertising or other ancillary documents) and these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
10. REQUEST FOR NAME OF PRIZE WINNER(S) AND/OR OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of Prize Winner(s) and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 28, 2012 to: Viacom Media Networks, Attn: Editor – TheFABlife.com – VH1.com- “The FABlife of Panem Giveaway” on Twitter – 1515 Broadway, 20th floor New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of “Prize Winner(s)”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. SPONSOR: Promotion is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
Twitter is not a sponsor of the Promotion, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Promotion, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prize.