John Katehis, a 16 year old from Queens, New york, admitted this morning to stabbing to death veteran radio newsman George Weber after the two met on Craigslist. Accorting to police, Weber had agreed to pay Katehis $60 in exchange for some form of rough sex. After drinking Vodka and doing cocaine with Weber, Katehis reportedly stabbed him so many times that it was difficult for authorities to get an accurate count of the knife wounds. Details about not only the gruesome killing but also the teen murder suspect are starting to surface. Here are 10 things we learned earlier today about Katehis from his MySpace page, which has already been canceled. Warning: what follows is disturbing.
1. Katehis listed his occupation on MySpace as “Anarchist” and claimed to make a salary between $75,000 and $100,000.
2. Katehis has a penchant for Satanism, and posted 15 photos depicting disturbing Satanic scenes — one depicts Satan serving the flesh and blood of a murdered Jesus Christ at The Last Supper.
3. Katehis describes his taste in music as “Metal,and Hard Rock along with some Oldies, Soft Rock, Psy Trance, Techno, Psychedelic, Ambient, Gothic, Alternative, and Punk.” Specifically, he’s a fan of Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson and a bunch of Satanic and/or Anarchistic bands we’ve never heard of.
4. Katehis has a knife collection that he describes as “small but growing.” It includes at least eight blades, such as “The Fury,” “Short Combat Blade,” “The Claw” and a “12-inch Blade.”
5. Katehis created a YouTube channel to store his “crank call videos.” Like a violent, not-funny-at-all version of The Jerky Boys, he berates, curses at, and threatens the people on the other end of the phone.
6. Among the “normal” activities that Katehis enjoys: long conversations, bike riding, video games and hanging out.
7. Among the not-so-normal: roof hopping, hanging off trains, extreme violence and violent movies.
8. Choice quote from Katehis’ “About Me” section: “if you disrespect me, then i will f*cking break your neck.”
9. Katehis’ only blog post is about LaVeyan Satanism, a religion founded in 1966, which is “based on magic and occultists,” and teaches “individualism, self-indulgence, and ‘eye for an eye’ morality, and teachings from Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand.
10. Katehis posted this image under his “heroes.”
Photos from John Katehis’ now-defunct MySpace page: