In 1981, Jeff Daniels made his film debut in Ragtime and Ray Winstone played a punk singer in Ladies And Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains. While success came quickly for Daniels (starring in everything from The Purple Rose Of Cairo to Dumb And Dumber), Winstone only recently became familiar moviegoers with roles in Sexy Beast and The Departed. Both actors were born on February 19th. Which one is older?
We had lots of fun live blogging the Brit Awards for you last night from London, which saw Duffy and Kings of Leon among the music stars who triumphed on the night. But we wouldn’t be doing our job without rounding up some of the behind-the-scenes gossip.
- Lady Gaga – who appeared with the Pet Shop Boys for the briefest cameo ever – had the largest entourage backstage. “A total of 16 minders, assistants and managers were crammed into her dressing room – and used a rota to hang out with her,” according to reports. Plus, she was overheard saying, “Who are these people?” about Girls Aloud. Well, until about five seconds ago we hadn’t heard of YOU, love.
- (Gaga also achieved her particular shade of orange by having three spray tans on the day…)
Read more gossip after the jump…
Solange Knowles is best known as Beyonce‘s little sister, who is frantically attempting a music career in her sister’s shadow. But if that pop star thing never works out, perhaps she should take a stab at becoming a web personality? Judging from her Twittering skills, she’s well on her way to becoming the next big thing on the net – right after those Shiba Inu puppies and that stoned kid who just visited the dentist.
Knowles apparently passed out after taking some Nyquil on a plane and woke up to “8 random people over me, laid out on the floor in baggage claim!” She then proceeded to detail every second of her hospital visit including such exhilarating moments as: her first IV, her craving for Gatorade, her second IV, and the status of her blood pressure (low). Amazingly, Solange was even able to convey her mom’s sass in 140 characters or less, writing, “My mom is the best. LOL. She’s like ain’t nothing wrong with this girl, she need some water and rest… Pull up the car! LOL”
Just minutes ago the web-nerd even posted about the drama her Twitters are causing in the blogosphere. Tweets Knowles, “twitter is starting to get me into trouble now…. sheezzzzzuuzzz. im on a twitter diet.”
Don’t starve of us your genius Solange! You’ve helped us finally see what Twitter is for – obsessing about the boring details of pseudo-stars’ lives. Now if only we could get Heidi Montag online. [Photo: WireImage]
- That chick from the O.C. that’s not Mischa Barton is marrying that dude that everyone thinks is gay. You know – the one who ruined Star Wars (according to people who have seen Star Wars). [DListed]
- Look! It’s the stars of Basic Instinct – Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone – reunited almost 20 years later. They’re 20 times less sexy together too. [Seriously? OMG!]
- Everyone’s envious of Michelle Obama‘s toned arms – including us. [Jezebel]
- Suri Cruise gets special treatment at Disney World. The kid in us kinda resents that. [PopSugar]
- Does Justin Timberlake look weird on the cover of GQ, or is it just us (and Britney Spears and Cam Diaz) who think that? [PITNB]
- Angela from The Office has split from her real-life husband. Now if only she’d get with Dwight. [I'mNotObsessed]
- Katie Price and Peter Andre look seriously out of place in California. [Socialite'sLife]
- More pics of The Hills hags in Hawaii. It’s so nice to watch people not affected by the current economic crisis lounge around on a beach. [CelebSlam]
There are tragic crimes, and then there are sad crimes. Robert Pittman’s was a sad one. When police responded to a burglar alarm at Beer City in Pensacola, Florida, Pittman was seen jumping through a busted open door and holding multiple packs of cigarettes. Unfortunately, with his hands full of smokes, he was unable to hike up his pants, which soon sent him tumbling to the ground. “He had cigarettes scattered all around him, and his pants were down by his ankles,” said a police representative. Pittman was promptly arrested for criminal mischief, theft, burglary and possession of drug paraphernalia. Drug paraphernalia? Ah, now it makes sense.
Welcome to Red Carpet Report Card, where the stars are put to the test on their red carpet fashion choices. In today’s episode, Scandalist‘s Fashion 101 teacher Libby Keatinge grades Angelina Jolie on her awards show style. With six internationally fabulous children and Brad Pitt on her arm, Angelina always gets an A+ in life, but how will she fare on her Red Carpet Report Card?
We’re busy live blogging the Brit Awards (check it out here!) which is the UK’s version of our Grammys – minus two young pop stars engaged in a domestic battle, natch. Scandalist has rounded up pics of the night’s best fashion moments – as well as our favorite faux pas – for you to ogle at below. A few highlights thus far:
- Breast cancer survivor Kylie Minogue‘s outfit – Yay!
- Kanye West pal Estelle‘s get-up – Nay.
- Natalie Imbruglia‘s botoxed face – Nothing’s right. We’re torn.
Check out pics from the red carpet and show below!
Kelly Killoren Bensimon is the divorcee/mom/former model/writer/designer who made her bikinilicious debut on Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of New York City” last night.
Kelly was once married to fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon, with whom she has two kids and is currently divorcing. This hottie has a lot on her plate. Kelly Bensimon is a columnist for Hamptons magazine and editor-at-large for Hamptons, Gotham, and LA Confidential magazines. She also has her own jewelry line and has written three books on fashion.
Throwing this sexy socialite into the Real Housewives mix is sure to cause a lot of excitement among the other cast members as they jet between the Hamptons and the city and gossip over champagne. [Photos: Getty Images]
The bad news? A fire broke out in Tracy Morgan‘s Trump Place apartment this morning, destroying most of the 30 Rock star’s belongings. The not-really-good-news-but-very-Tracy-Morgan news? The fire was caused by a faulty fish tank, and several floors of the Manhattan building were soaked by smoke-triggered sprinklers. The good news? Tracy escaped without injury…and so did the fish.
Las Vegas is apparently in the process of targeting “50 of the most prolific prostitutes” in Sin City as part of a serious crack down on the selling of sex. The ladies listed have the “longest prostitution-related criminal records” and almost half of them have been arrested already this year. Clark Country Lieutenant Karen Hughes says, “If they get the message that Las Vegas is not going to ignore their subsequent arrests, then maybe they’ll take their lifestyle to a different city.”
Um, Karen, do you mean Reno? Seems like a lose-lose situation for Nevada, but hey, go to town! We couldn’t help but marvel at the striking resemblance of one of the girls to for Hugh Hefner‘s former gal pal, Kendra Wilkinson. Just think, if this chick had bailed on Vegas and dropped by a Playboy party covered in body paint, things could have been a lot different.
We’ve got some of our other favorite mugshots from the group below. Some are cute, some are a bit fugs, but most just need instruction on the right way to line their eyebrows. [Photo: Splash News Online, FilmMagic]