Another day, another story in the UK about pointless celebrity Peaches Geldof‘s appalling behaviour. This time, the dubiously-talented daughter of Sir Bob Geldof stormed off at a personal appearance in Ireland, after deeming to turn up an hour late and stay for a whole minute. Poor Peaches, you can see why it was tough on her, no?
But those who have despaired at just how this irritating teen has managed to shrug off a litany of reported stroppy rudeness, a video scandal showing her buying some very dubious products indeed, and how she has managed to parlay being a Rock Daughter into a lucrative DJing “career” may want to keep their eyes peeled for Peaches’ new TV venture.
An upcoming documentary on MTV UK following Peaches’ latest venture in editing a vanity project magazine called Disappear Here, shows her as a “monster” according to the woman in charge. Heather Jones, MTV’s UK managing director for content and creativity, said that no amount of editing could portray the 19 year old positively.
“Bob founded Ten Alps (the production company) so he had a final say in the content. But she’s a monster! Everything that comes out of her mouth is horrendous, and that will still show through.”
Goodness gracious. When the suits are saying this, it’s something else. We can’t wait to watch it on October 19 and verify said monstrousness. [Mr Paparazzi; Photo: Getty Images]
We don’t know about you, but when we were 10, our idea of the ultimate in a cool look was a direct copy of Olivia Newton John at the end of Grease. A cropped leather jacket with big lapels? Big, teased hair? A sulky “yeah, so what” sneer? All present and correct for the pre-teen who wants to look like they might have an ounce of rebellion in them. Grrr.
And at 34 years old, Kate Moss has discovered this look, too. No matter she’s the woman who pioneered edgy British fashion, and is held up as a natural style icon for the world to see. No, when the going gets tough, it’s good to see that even Kate digs out her old videos for inspiration. [Photo: WireImage]
New York Post
THE long-awaited wedding of Howard Stern and Beth Ostrosky is finally happening tonight at Le Cirque. The shock jock and his leggy lady have booked the whole restaurant (the first time anyone has ever taken over the entire place) for a sit-down dinner for 180 guests, including Donald Trump. Beth’s wedding gown was designed by Georgina Chapman. And guess who’s going to perform the ceremony? Mark Consuelos, husband of Kelly Ripa, is “certified” to supervise their vows.
We spent the night curled up on our couch with a cup of tea and a plate full of pork n’ earmarks (cue rim shot!) enjoying the Vice Presidential debate so we could bring you the best moments of the sass-battle between Senator Joe Biden and Governor Sarah Palin. We’ve listed our favorite moments of the night – did we miss any? Let us know in the comments below.
- Best patriotic piece of flair: Palin’s giant sparkly flag pin. She’s proud to be an American who buys jewelry on QVC.
- Most adorable interaction: Governor Palin asking Senator Biden, “Hey, can I call you Joe?” Aw shucks, she sure is doggone precious.
- Best “totally written by a speech writer” dig: Biden tagging McCain’s health care plan “the ultimate bridge to nowhere.” The audience liked it, and they’re not supposed to react to anything!
- Best off the cuff sassy remark: Gwen Ifill scolding both candidates for not answering her question about what they’d do as Vice President.
- Best “oh no you didn’t just go there” moment: Sarah Palin correcting Joe Biden on the drill chant: “It’s drill, baby, drill.” Don’t mess with her oil!
- Most awkward moment: Did Sarah Palin just call the Sentator “Joe O’Biden?” Oh, and Joe Biden let out a sigh heard around the world when Palin congratulated their mutual love of Israel. It’s a tie.
- Best hairdo: While Palin’s half-up do is Alaska-dorable and her new highlights are admittedly fierce, Biden is rocking what we now call a “backwards Trump.” It’s a comb over gone way wrong, but for some reason it feels so right.
- Best evil eye: Sarah Palin, when pressed by Gwen Ifill on what she and John McCain wouldn’t be able to pursue in office due to the bailout. She smiled, but her eyes were fiery!
- Best dressed: We heart Joe Biden’s baby blue tie, but Palin’s gray suit is both Gossip Girl cute and grown up lady proper. She’s a federal fashionista.
- Best new phrase we can’t wait to use: “The Castro Brothers.” It’s Cuba’s answer to the Jonas Brothers, ya’ll.
- Best TRL moment of the night: Third graders in Alaska get a shout out from Governor Palin. What about us, Sarah?! We need extra credit too!
- Best chick flick moment that was better than Beaches: Joe Biden getting choked up about his family. Get out the tissues and the Haagan Das!
- Winner of the night: Trig Palin, the cutest campaigner out there. He made his way right into his mom’s arms once she was finished mavericking, so she could go to town burping him. It was too cute for politics, which is why the little wins, hands down. Screw the candidates – we like the kids best.
Hey, impotent health nuts! Here’s a chance for peen to go green. A new study in Italy suggests that “horny goat weed,” a Chinese herbal remedy that’s already available in most health food stores, could well be a “natural” alternative to Viagra, with considerably fewer side effects. Finally, our long national nightmare is over.
Yes, we may not have found a cure for cancer, autism, or any number of diseases, but we’ve got scientists working aroung the clock to reaffirm that the easy-to-purchase “horny goat weed” is a worthwhile alternative to Viagra. Science will not rest until every man has a fully-functional rocket in his pocket with no side effects, while women take hormone-adjusting pills to accept all this excess sperm without getting pregnant. When you start noticing all the goats in male enhancement TV ads, you’ll know who to thank.
What teen star was spotted in Hollywood going to get a fake tan at Sunset Tan?
Jessica Alba‘s shocking voting PSAs just keep on coming. The mother of Honor Marie, 3 months, put on a Hannibal Lecter-type mask called “The Muzzler” to encourage young people to vote rather than silence themselves. The provocative new ad is the second in a series Alba did for Declare Yourself, the national, non-partisan voter initiative to encourage young voters to participate in the 2008 election.
Listen up ladies! Every woman’s role model, Aubrey O’Day, is giving tips on how to make a successful sex tape, and she wants you to pay attention! The trick is simple: f*ck on film, and then make the dude delete the tape after you’ve viewed it together. “I’ve made all of them (boyfriends) delete it right after we watched it… I watched them delete it,”she tells Complex magazine.
Wow, so how many deleted Aubrey O’Day sex tapes are there? Three? Three thousand? It doesn’t matter, sadly, because they’ve all gone to that sex tape heaven in the sky. But if that doesn’t fly with you first-time tapers, give this tip a try: “If you do a live feed through the TV, you can watch it on the TV while you’re doing it and it never records.”
Er, thanks Aubrey. We’ll be sure to get on that immediately. Anyone got a camera? [Photo: FilmMagic]
Aubrey O’Day Takes Slutty Shots, Says Not A Slut
The attorney representing Jill Ishkanian, the reporter who called 911 to report Heather Locklear‘s erratic driving, said that although Jill profited from the photos she took, the phone call to authorities was motivated by “civic duty.” Ishkanian sold the images of Heather Locklear’s DUI arrest to TMZ for $27,000, her attorney Nicholas Tepper revealed.
Tepper defended Ishkanian’s right to photograph the incident. “The fact she witnessed Ms. Locklear’s erratic driving and reported it to the police did not mean she was disqualified from reporting the story, which she in fact did,” he said.
Heather was busted Saturday afternoon for suspicion of a DUI after Ishkanian phoned authorities, which sources close to the former Us Weekly reporter say, “…saved Heather’s life.”