Shocking news has just dropped in the UK and nightclubs, bars, late-night taxi services and paps all are reeling from the potential drop in earnings. … Kate Moss has vowed to stop partying. The British supermodel (and supercaner) has recently rekindled her romance with The Kills frontman Jamie Hince upon promising to calm down her legendary lifestyle.
“Me and Jamie are fine. He wasn’t best pleased with me going out all the time but it wasn’t a massive issue and it’s all sorted now. We’re really happy.” Kate’s quoted as saying.
Perhaps the 34-year-old style icon reckons it’s time to chill out at home with a cup of tea and an episode of The X-Factor, but frankly we think Kate should think through the ramifications of her decision. With the UK on the verge of economic collapse, we’re relying upon our hard-partying stars to keep the vastly over-priced London bar scene going. Think of the credit crunch, Kate! It’s for all our sakes! [Photo: WireImage]
Wowzers Mel B definitely has a lot of, er, front. The Spice lady and DWTS star, who has been stripping down to her undercrackers to promote British bra range Ultimo, is definitely a good advert for the company’s uplifting qualities. On a new tour promoting the bras, Mel says:
“It’s weird seeing massive posters of me in my underwear. But it’s my body and I like it. This bra feels especially nice today. It’s not like wearing underwear — I like walking around naked so it’s perfect for me.”
Nothing like a touch of Too Much Information to really ramp up sales, eh Mel? She’s always been very in your face (sorry, we couldn’t resist). [The Sun; Photos: Splash News Online]
Sometimes in this crazy world of celebrity, it’s easy to forget just how unrealistic most of their lives are — and nothing more so when it comes to the “our baby joy” photoshoot. Over the years, we’ve become so used to being spoon-fed images of a perfectly made-up showbiz mom, with gorgeous hair and flattering lighting, we’ve forgotten what’s actually the reality of having a baby. And the rest of us with kids — who love it, don’t get us wrong — look at our uncombed hair, vomiting child and stained joggers and wonder where it all went wrong.
And this is why Minnie Driver deserves a bloody medal. The British actress and singer, who gave birth to baby Henry last month, has sideswiped the usual celeb hoo-ha and resisted signing up for the predictable photoshoot of perfection. Instead, she posted a totally adorable photo on her MySpace page of her and her four-week-old son. Naturally, Henry’s a total cutie, but Minnie looks fantastic. She’s not got a scrap of makeup on, that blue T-shirt has definitely seen better days, and her hair is crying out for some serum. But that’s why it’s perfect — Minnie looks like a real mom who actually knows what’s most important. You totally rock, Minnie!
Tickets for Obama fund-raiser with Springsteen and Billy Joel scalped for up to $25K
Barack Obama’s blockbuster fund-raising concert with Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen in Manhattan next week is a huge hit – among online hawkers and brokers. Tickets for the Oct. 16 concert, “Change Rocks” at the Hammerstein Ballroom, are being sold on Web sites at prices ranging from $500 to a whopping $25,000.
Lindsay Lohan’s dad offers to box with highest bidder for charity
Who wants to knock out Michael Lohan? Well, Lindsay for starters. The Hollywood dad-gone-bad – who insists he’s trying to do good – is offering to step into the boxing ring with the highest bidder and donate all the money to Long Island charities. “This is not about publicity,” Lohan told the Daily News before heading to the gym to get in fighting form for the Nov. 24 match at the Hilton Long Island in Melville, L.I.
Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio may have had fun on the set of Body Of Lies—their upcoming espionage thriller—but if Crowe won’t shut up about what a whiny virgin Leo used to be, their relationship might sour fast. When Access Hollywood asked Leonardo about Crowe’s old claim that his cherry was intact while they were filming 1995′s The Quick And The Dead (“I worked with Leonardo [DiCaprio] when he was 17. He was a virgin and he’d talk about that constantly.”), Leo blushed and announced “He has no idea what he’s talking about. That’s all I’m gonna say!”
Despite the difficulty in believing DiCappy would have any problem finding a woman to rob him of his innocence, Crowe has yet to relent, even adding an extra bit of TMI to the tale. “[At a film premiere years later,] he sort of hugged me and whispered in my ear, ‘I’m not a virgin anymore.’” Leo! Dude! That is so not a proper icebreaker.
The parents of a seven-year-old Australian boy may be sued after the child scaled a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre on Wednesday and killed 13 animals over a half-hour. The boy bashed several of them with a rock, including a 20-year-old goanna monitor lizard, before feeding them—as well as some live ones—to Terry, the saltwater crocodile. At one point, the child even crossed one of the two fences between him and Terry. Sadly (for Terry), he never made the final leap over.
Zoo officials believe the child’s small height kept him from setting off the sensor alarm system, but cannot press charges against the child (in the Northern Territory of Australia, you must be at least 10 to be found libable for a crime). “We’re horrified that anyone can do this, and saddened by the age of the child,” said the zoo director. “By all accounts he’s quite a nasty seven-year-old.”
While most children probably wouldn’t scale a security fence to make it happen (and those who would usually have parents watching them), it’s not altogether shocking that a 7-year-old boy would get off on watching a croc nosh on some lizards. It’s called the food chain, people! That kid wasn’t necessarily inhuman—he may have been nothing but a curious, amateur scientist with a rock that goes smoosh.
[Photo: Getty Images]
We may just get another chance to see recently eliminated Dancing With the Stars contestant Kim Kardashian shake that famous tush again. In the wake of DWTS‘ Misty May-Treanor‘s reported injury, Kim has volunteered to take her place on the show.
Kim, who is off in New Orleans to watch boyfriend Reggie Bush‘s football game, told Ryan Seacrest, “If they ask me to, I’m available. I’m back home tomorrow. We’ll see!”
Misty suffered an injury on Friday, reportedly to her Achilles tendon, and producers released a statement saying, “Doctors will reevaluate her condition on Monday and determine the outcome of her participation on the show.” [Source: E!Online; Photo: Getty]
We heard a lot from the presidential nominees about the economy in September, but judging from today, they’ll spend much of October talking about guilt by association. Senator John McCain‘s campaign has announced they want to “turn the page” on the economic crisis and start hitting Senator Barack Obama for his connection to Bill Ayers, the former radical who participated in numerous bombings in the ’60s.
While the Obama campaign has criticized McCain for trying to “change the subject” with “smears,” they’ve also released a short documentary about McCain’s relationship with Charles Keating, the S&L chairman who may have used McCain’s influence to impede a regulatory investigation two years before his company’s collapse in 1989.
Does it freak you out that Obama would work with someone who bombed the Pentagon? Can you trust McCain to keep bankers in check? Do you wish they’d talk more about what they’re going to do rather than that what their opponent once did? Check out our Scanda-Lists on Ayers and Keating, and let us know what you think matters.
Who is he?
- Bill Ayers, a Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago, and a former ’60s radical involved in the SDS and Weather Underground.
- Ayers participated in a series of bombings in the late ’60s and early ’70s, whose targets included the New York City police headquarters and the Pentagon. Ayers turned himself over to authorities in 1980, and eventually became an active part in the reforming of the Chicago educational system.
Why is everyone talking about him?
- Ayers served with future Senator Barack Obama on the board of an anti-poverty foundation from 1999 to 2002, and the pair frequently appeared together at academic panel discussions. Ayers also held a “meet-and-greet” for Obama in 1996, where State Senator Alice Palmer introduced him as her preferred candidate at for the State Senate Primary.
- Senator Hillary Clinton criticized Obama’s connections to Ayers during the Democratic primary, and the campaign for Senator John McCain, Obama’s opponent in current presidential election, has used their connection in attacks on Obama’s character. Governor Sarah Palin, McCain’s Vice-Presidential nominee, has suggested that Obama is “palling around with terrorists.”
Who is he?
- Charles Keating, former lawyer and chairman of Lincoln Savings & Loan.
- In the 1990s, Keating was found guilty of conspiracy, fraud and racketeering after Lincoln S&L collapsed, eradicating the life savings of 21,000 investors. The government buyout cost taxpayers billions.
Why is everyone talking about him?
- In 1989, five U.S. senators (including John McCain and former astronaut John Glenn) were investigated for obstruction of justice for their interference with a regulatory investigation of Keating, a major campaign contributor for the five, two years earlier. McCain, while exonerated of any criminal activity, was faulted by the Senate Ethics Committee for poor judgment.
- Senator Barack Obama, McCain’s opponent in the current presidential election, has released a short documentary on the case, Keating Economics, which argues that the scandal is indicative of both McCain’s enthusiasm for economic deregulation and willingness to work with lobbyists at the expense of taxpayers.