Jessica Simpson performing at the Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls, Canada. Times are tough.
It’s your 50th birthday and you are Michael Jackson, what do you do? “Just have a little cake with my children and we’ll probably watch some cartoons,” the Gloved One told Good Morning America from his home in California today. “I feel very wise and sage, but at the same time very young,” the rumored 2008 MTV Video Music Awards performer said.
In honor of MJ turning the big 5-0, we collected some of Michael’s most “wise and “sage” words:
In a surprise move, Republican presidential hopeful John McCain tapped Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Palin, who has been governor for 18 months, is unknown on the national stage, but is considered to be a rising star in the GOP. Some believe McCain’s pick is a savvy move meant to pick up the support of conservative women who want to crack that glass ceiling — without Hillary Clinton. Palin, who is strongly anti-abortion, will also be popular among evangelical voters. But Obama‘s camp was quick to pounce on her lack of significant experience: “Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency.” Whoever wins come November, we are guaranteed that 2009 will be a historical year with either America’s First Woman VP or first Black Commander in Chief.
Here’s 21 facts about Sarah Palin:
- Served as mayor of Wasilla, an Alaskan town of 6,500 people.
- Supports teaching creationism alongside evolution in schools.
- Hunts and eats moose hamburgers.
- Blew the whistle on Republican corruption in Alaska.
- Wants to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and threatened to sue the federal government for declaring polar bears an endangered species.
- Is a one-time beauty pageant queen, who won Miss Wasilla and finished second in Miss Alaska.
- Has five children.
- Is strongly anti-abortion — even in cases of rape or incest — and is respected by religious conservatives for choosing not to have an abortion after learning that she was carrying a child with Down syndrome.
- Opposes same-sex marriage.
- Was nicknamed “Sarah Barracuda” as a basketball player at Wasilla High School.
- Was the head of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at her high school.
- Is being investigated for possibly ordering the dismissal of Alaska’s safety commissioner because he wouldn’t fire her former brother-in-law as a state trooper.
- Has a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.
- Is a lifetime member of the NRA.
- Calls her husband, a commercial fisherman and seasonal worker for BP, the “First Dude.”
- Is 44 years old, three years younger than Obama.
- Describes herself as “just your average hockey mom.”
- Posed for a photo spread in Vogue in 2007.
- Is pushing a natural gas pipeline that would run from Alaska to the lower 48 states.
- Supports capitol punishment.
- Admits to using marijuana when it was legal in Alaska, but says she didn’t like it.
Berry has said how lucky she is to have found someone so special to have a child with and hopes to have another one right away. Maybe we’ll have to wait for baby number two before we see this beauty wearing white, but these diamonds look promising.
It appears Carrie Underwood has a thing for athletes. After a failed romance with Jessica Simpson-lover Tony Romo, Carrie’s set her sights on Olympian Michael Phelps. The pair, who have yet to meet, allegedly started texting after Phelps found out the country cutie thought he was “cute.” And while Phelps might be the greatest swimmer ever, he apparently can’t feed himself. “I’m not so sure you’d want to see me eat! It might not make a great first impression,” the swimmer allegedly texted Underwood, according to The National Enquirer. The two are planning on a quiet date near Underwood’s Nashville home. [Image: Getty Images]
Could it be true that Diddy doesn’t treat all his young Danity Kane protégés the same? TheYBF claims that Diddy has shown special favoritism toward group member Dawn Richard. Diddy “has been flying Dawn out from Baltimore to him for private meetings. And these meetings are preparing her to be the breakout star in a solo career. Apparently, Diddy believes she’s the most talented of the group, and the girls are pissy because they disagree.”
Diddy’s rep contended that there is no favoritism and all the girls get along. “At no point was Dawn flown anywhere to record solo or meet alone with Diddy. The girls are still very much together. They’re going out to the Video Music Awards together … and they’re promoting their album ‘Welcome to the Dollhouse’ and working on their third.”
It’s hard to believe a group of 5 performing smokin’ hot chicks gets along perfectly, but still Diddy’s rep maintains they “absolutely” do. [Source:NYDailyNews; Photo:Getty Images]
This week has not been good for the Lohans. First, Daddy Lohan, Lindsay, and Sam went at it at each other on their blogs, when Sam was rumored to be writing a tell-all about the Mean Girls star. Then, Lindsay’s paternal grandfather passed away. Michael Lohan, of course, let the media know all about it. “My father just, literally, died in my arms. I notified all my kids and my lawyer notified Dina’s attorney. After he wiped the tears away, Michael took the opportunity to attack Lindsay’s mom Dina, saying, “Let’s see if she has the decency and respect to bring my kids to the wake and funeral. THIS will show her true colors! Thus, not even a call. But that’s par for the course with Dina! She didn’t even send a card or visit when he was sick.”
Oprah Winfrey was in awe last night while watching Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama‘s inspirational speech in Denver. “Just seeing [Barack] on stage, I cried my eyelashes off,” she tells Entertainment Tonight. “I’ve never experienced anything like this. I think that what he had to offer the country tonight will make us all better.” The daytime TV giant was very emotional as she added: “It changed my life. I feel like I’m going to do better and work harder.” Oprah has been singing Obama’s praises since before he decided to run for the nomination. You know you’re touching the nation’s hearts and minds when you get Oprah to do self-described “ugly cry” in public. [Photo: AFP]
Jennifer Aniston is trying to get back to her TV roots. It’s been more than four years since Aniston and the cast of Friends took their final bow on NBC, but OK! Magazine has learned that the actress is in talks with the network about making a brief return. “She’s in talks to have a guest spot on one of their high-profile shows,” says the insider. “The top choice is 30 Rock, but if that doesn’t work out, they’ll try to find another show for her to make an appearance on.”
She might want make funny on the small screen again, but she isn’t ready to give up on her film career. There is no rest for the weary. Aniston not only just met with Woody Allen to discuss an upcoming project, but she has several new movies coming up including Marley & Me with Owen Wilson and the star-packed film version of the best seller He’s Just Not That Into You. We hope her hectic schedule will keep her mind off all the media frenzy around her break up with attention seeker John Mayer. [Photo: WireImage]