Kristen Stewart has a well known sneaker obsession, but we think it’s all just a ploy to draw attention to her extremely high hemlines. On top of her acting skills, zillions of Twilight bucks, and (let’s not forget) Robert Pattinson, K-Stew is in possession of one of the greatest pairs of runway-worthy legs in the business. And to paraphrase the immortal words of ZZ Top, this girl knows how to use ‘em!
It really hasn’t been K-Stew’s year, has it? Of course, we have nothing but mad love for Kristen Stewart, but she made some waves when she showed up at the Oscars tonight sporting a pair of crutches and, more disturbingly, an unexplained bruise on her arm.
What the hell? What the actual hell? Despite being world-renowned as one of the most recognizable, highly paid, and hottest actresses in the known universe, a British men’s website has vote Kristen Stewart the “Least Sexiest Actress In Hollywood.”
If you read this site enough, you’ll probably get the impression that we’re all a bunch of rabid raving Robert Pattinson super-fans. And you would be correct. But considering that today is Taylor Lautner’s 21st birthday, we’ve decided to fly the Team Jacob Flag!
Everyone knows that Kristen Stewart is a huge fan of sneakers. And if you don’t believe us, head to the gallery below for proof! But could her favorite footwear have played a part on accepting her next big screen role? Stranger things have happened.
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are #1! Well, of course, you knew that already, but the latest way they’re on top is a rather convoluted (are there any other kind) list from Forbes: “Hollywood’s Highest-Grossing Romantic Couples.” To come up with this list, the magazine calculated domestic box-office grosses from romantic movies in the past three years. That meant that the Twilight stars were the only ones with more than one movie in the mix. (Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth landed at #4 with only the second Sex and the City movie counted.)
So, yeah, the numbers feel a little awkward, but Twilight’s $3 billion gross (in more than the past three years) was bound to trump the others no matter how you twist things. Plus, it’s a fun list to look at. Here are the rankings:
1. Rob and Kristen, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2, $1.17 billion
2. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, The Vow, $125 million
3. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, Just Go With It, $103 million
4. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth, Sex and the City 2, $95 million
5. Julianne Moore and Steve Carell, Crazy, Stupid, Love., $84 million
6. Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried, Dear John, $80 million
7. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, No Strings Attached, $71 million
8. Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, The Last Song, $63 million
9. Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling, The Lucky One, $60 million
10. Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, Water for Elephants, $59 million.
[Photos: Getty Images]
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are splitting up, back together, having a baby, moving to Mars … the variety of conflicting rumors we’ve heard about them in the past two weeks is staggering. It’s impossible to tell if any of these are remotely believable, since they all come from “sources,” but we thought we’d round the latest ones up for your amusement, or so you can have an excuse to make the kind of exasperated faces Rob and Kristen are making in the photo above.
1. Rob and Kristen are fighting nonstop and he broke off their relationship just before the Golden Globes. This comes from The Sun, which says, “She flew to L.A. and was supposed to be Rob’s date for the Golden Globes, but he told her he wants to cool it off. He loves her but would rather go back to being good friends so they can rebuild their trust and focus on work after Twilight.” It’s also building off an earlier Life & Style report on their fighting: “Rob is at a point where he sometimes ignores her.
He’ll go out and won’t respond to her calls or texts right away.”
2. But hold on a second, Kristen and Rob were spotted together on the night of the Globes. “Wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a backward baseball cap, Bella met Robert at Tina & Amy’s private after-party at the Soho House in WeHo!” Perez Hilton reported. She was supposedly a no-show at the ceremony because she was afraid Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would crack jokes at her expense.
The nominations for the 33rd annual Razzie Awards were announced late last night, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 lead the nods, with 11 in just 10 categories. Ouch. Not that harsh criticism is anything new to the Twilight community, but it still stings, right? Especially when you see the other movies nominated: They’re either big overblown vehicles for giant movie stars that flopped (Battleship, Total Recall), terrible comedies (That’s My Boy, One for the Money) or obscure movies we totally forgot about (Oogieloves, Atlas Shrugged: Part II). Breaking Dawn, on the other hand, was always meant to be a faithful “love letter” for the fans, not critics and not everyone else who’s obviously not in the target demo.
Should Eddie Murphy’s performance in A Thousand Words be in the same category as Robert Pattinson’s last appearance as Edward? Well, we’re eager to let you guys vent about this one.
Here’s the full list of nominations. The “winners” will be announced on February 23, the day before the Oscars.
Every time a magazine has interviewed Kristen Stewart since the events of July, they interpret every single posture and quote in terms of the scrutiny she was under after her dalliance with Rupert Sanders was revealed. And it’s not like we blame them — it was a pretty big deal. Her cover story for the latest issue of V Magazine, for instance, talks about the “slightly feral air to her presence—she’s jumpy and prone to pacing—but all the anxiety is kind of endearing. She’s young and excitable, and having weathered the highs and lows of 2012, she claims to feel stronger than ever before.” But we would also like to point out something else about this interview other than her perceived vulnerability or “emotional force field.” That’s the fact that her future is wide open, and she’s wide open to it.
Actually, what we meant to say was, watch Bronson Pelletier pee in the airport, because that is fascinating — really, he pees for an impressively long time, while the security guard and cops don’t really want to get caught in the stream — and THEN consider erasing that image from your mind with other videos of the 27-year-old Canadian actor being a little less intoxicated and a little more adorable/sexy wolf like.
For instance, here he is in a low res clip from his first big role, on the Canadian TV show Renegadepress.com (2004-2008). Read more…