- 26-YEARS-DUMB: Paris turned 26-years-old… that’s 87 in hard-partying-skank years. (A Socialite’s Life)
- THREE AND OUT: After breaking up with Bridget Moynahan three months ago, Tom Brady discovers she’s 3 months pregnant. That must’ve been really great break-up sex. (Celebrity Baby Blog)
- HANDY 24 TOOL: When watching 24 isn’t enough, that’s when you start keeping a Character Countdown. It looks like fun… I’m gonna make one too. (TVSquad)
- PRESIDENT’S DAY LESSON: Everything you need to know about JFK. And a few things you don’t. (Super Deluxe)
- PHOTOSHOP CONTEST: Do whatever you want to Britney’s bald head. Seriously whatever you want. This should be good. (Stereogum)
Before you watch this video, think of 4 countries other than America that begin with the letter A. We’ll wait.
Feeling smart? Good. Now watch this video and get those MENSA applications ready.
[ED. NOTE – We’ve been planning to start a “Best Comment Ever” post on Fridays rewarding that week’s best user-generated comments, but after reading this one (it’s mathematically impossible anything could ever beat it), we decided to there could be no better time to throw down the gauntlet and challenge each of you to take your smartest, funniest and (best of all) craziest thoughts, then post them onto the Internet right here at BWE.tv!]
And so, without further ado, our very first Comment of the Week Award goes to sorrybrit for this staggering work of literary genius:
â€œBecause of Youâ€
They said she lacked talent
That she couldnâ€™t sing
They said she was dirty
For getting a belly ring
They said she was unworthyRead more…
A fake and a whore
That she didnâ€™t deserve
What sheâ€™d been given credit for
This weekend, grandmothers and young lesbians rejoiced upon hearing the news that Britney Spears shaved her head. Finally, a famous face to represent bald women the world over! And while Britney’s shear disdain for her entangled locks along with a healthy dose of sh*t-eating dementia led to her late-night salon visit, it still was in its own way an act of rebellion, defiance, and the kind of lunacy that deserves a little respect.
So, to honor Britney’s rash decizh, we’ve compiled a list of our Top 10 Favorite Bald Women, Real and Fictional, Past and Present, to prove that Britney is not alone in this shiny-headed, cold-catching universe.
10. TYRA BANKS. America’s Next Top Model usually tries to beautify their aspiring models in order to look as beautiful as possible — that is, when they aren’t dressing them up in man-drag and shallacking bald caps to their heads. Our theory here is that Tyra Banks was all “Hey, guys, you know what would be so weird? If we went all Ben Franklin on America’s ass!” And while the other models spent hours getting latex ironed onto their scalps, Tyra ever so gently removed her wig to reveal her actual smooth and Whopper-like noggin. Well played, Ms. Banks.
9. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in TOTAL RECALL. Our favorite scene in our favorite sci-fi movie. A casually dressed Arnold in fat lady drag approaches customs at an intergalactic airport. The guard is all “How long will you be staying on Mars”, and the heavy-set woman answers “Two weeks.” Then he’s like “Got any fruit on you?” and once again, the woman is like “Twoooo weeeeeeeeks.” Why? Because the computerized drag costume Arnold was disguised in was malfunctioning. Luckily, the huge nightarishly bald head he was wearing is also a bomb. Get ready for a surprise, ya’ll!
B For Baldetta has a beautiful ring to it, don’t you think?
Everybody- go see The Simpsons Movie on July 27. Even if you don’t consider yourself a fan and even if you haven’t seen a single episode since the “Do The Bartman” video premiered on FOX, go see it anyway. We owe it to them. They’ve earned it. And judging by this trailer, apparently they’ve been storing up 6 years of funny for this film. Check it out.
Now that the world has been effectively reduced to a state of chaos and confusion with a few motions of a random beauty salon’s electric trimming shears, this photograph catalogs all that is left of Britney Spears’ bizarre personal styling decision. Someone call in the San Fernando Valley Fashion Crime Scene Investigation unit (or, CSI: SFVF).
Last week, we were introduced to a new level of insanity with the video debut of “What What (In the Butt).” The video led to so many questions: Did George Lucas do the special effects? Who is this man? And what shade of lip gloss is he wearing? But most importantly… who inspires him?
Then it hit us: Samwell is the El Debarge of the new millenium. Check out this music video of “Who’s Johnny” from the beloved movie Short Circuit, and then fire up your Maury paternity tests. p.s. We think Prince might be a grandpa.
- Timedoor has an mp3 of Fall Out Boy covering Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart”. I think all bands are required to cover that song by law.
- If you’re in the mood for some Silverchair and Pavement, head over to Without Sound. Party like it’s 1995.
- “Get Innocuous” over at The Wirewool by downloading LCD Soundsystem.
- I have no clue what’s going on at Le GoÃ»ter du Mercredi beyond the fact that they posted a track by the Wu-Tang Clan. But that’s more than enough for me.
- And finally, head on over to Sessions of Breakfast for a couple of tracks by the super-cool Feist. And more importantly, a couple of videos. What a woman.
I haven’t seen Music & Lyrics yet– there’s something about the phrase “And starring Hugh Grant“ that makes me uneasy– but after watching this music video for “PoP! Goes My Heart” I think I might have to check it out. It’s probably the best fake music video in a movie since Rex Manning’s “Say No More Mon Amour”.
Link via Pop Candy