Thanks to our dear friend Goldenfiddle for bringing to our attention the first official trailer for Black Snake Moan, the blues-drenched new film from Hustle & Flow director Craig Brewer. An entire movie about a grizzled ex-bluesman Samuel L. Jackson keeping a hot blonde nympho Christina Ricci chained to his radiator in backwoods Mississippi until he “cures her wickedness”? Yes, please!
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas tradition involves stripping down to a Santa bikini and rolling around in the snow. Because that’s exactly what Jesus would’ve wanted as a birthday present.
- Miss USA Tara Conner began her three-week rehab stint yesterday. With any luck she’ll be boring and completely irrelevant again in no time.
- A judge in Los Angeles has ordered Anna Nicole Smith to submit her baby daughter for a paternity test. They’re hoping somehow they can prove she’s not actually the mother.
- Cameron Diaz says she isn’t ready to have a baby yet because she enjoys sleeping too much. Of course, if I was dating Justin Timberlake I wouldn’t want to get out of bed either. Um. Wait a second. Pretend I didn’t say that.
- JK Rowling has revealed the title of the final Harry Potter book: “Harry Potter and The… Eh, What The F**k Difference Does It Make? You Know You’re Gonna Buy It.”
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, December 21st! Katina is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, BBC Crown Jewels, The OC, and ET!
- TERROR ALERT: The FBI finally released the last of its surveillance files on John Lennon, who they considered a violent threat upon the release of his single “Give Peace a Chance”. (E! Online)
- MUGGLE NEWS: Author JK Rowling has revealed the title of the 7th and final Harry Potter novel, disappointing all of us who were hoping for Harry Potter and the Deflowering of Hermoine. (TimesOnline)
- G33K PRON: Whether this is real or not, you know that visions of Apple iPhones will be dancing in the heads of dreaming geeks tonight. (MacDailyNews)
- MEDIA OBSESSION: If has anything to do with beauty pageants or beauty queens, Anderson Cooper just can’t get enough. (Gawker)
- MARITAL WOES: Madonna and Guy Richie appear to be fighting over how many fake children is enough. (Tabloid Whore)
Tomorrow will be one of those days at work where the clock will seem to be ticking backwards, knowing that by 5 (or hopefully earlier) you’ll be in three day weekend holiday bliss. Your boss isn’t stupid – he/she knows you’re not doing sh*t. So, instead of minimizing your minesweeper at the faintest sounds of footsteps, why not instead throw caution to the wind and indulge in this list of the 50 Greatest Cartoons Ever, which, thanks to Cityrag, also includes links to each cartoon online. And boy oh boy, there is something for everyone! Opera buffs, racists, frog lovers, racists, boring people, cat lovers, racists, and people who saw things with their eyes.
It wouldn’t feel right to put this post up and not bring up our favorite cartoon of all time, Feed the Kitty (which, thanks G-d, made the list at #36.) If you haven’t seen it, please please please watch it. If you do not shed a small tear of joy, then might we venture to say that you, Sir, have no feelings. Then again, we hate Mickey Mouse, so to each their own.
Forget about Celebrity Body Parts or Reasons to Hate Singing & Dancing or Movie Cliches– today we’re going to go all meta on your asses. There are a ton of lists that people are telling you to read now that 2006 is coming to a close. Well, here are the 10 Best Lists out there right now. Of course, we still have 6 more lists coming your way here at BWE.tv, so this list may be outdated soon. But as of RIGHT NOW, here are the 10 Best Lists of the year.
10. The 2006 Gummy Awards
It’s official: being voted Mr. & Miss Indie Rock in the Gummys is like being voted Prom King & Queen… if being voted Prom King and Queen was like, not totally cliche’d and trite.
9. VH1′s 40 Most Awesomely Bad Dirrty Songs…ever
Because anything with 3 adjectives PLUS a “…” AND an “ever” is totally worth noting. Not that we’d ever watch it (we’re done watching Color Me Badd videos on countdown shows, that was our New Years resolution in ’04), but it’s totally worth noting.
8. Rivers Cuomo’s What I Liked In 2006
One glaring omission from Rivers’ list: Asian prostitutes. They’re soooo 2k5.
7. Cracked’s Poor Sportsmen Of The Year, 2006
By the time you’re finished reading this sentence, 5 more members of the Cincinnati Bengals will be arrested. That’s something worth celebrating.
6. Christian Finnegan Rates Christmas Carols Of The Modern Era
This list gets bonus points for describing the song “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer” as “The very sound of Down Syndrome.” It’s both offensive and completely accurate. How often does that happen?
Dr. Chester J. Crockerpot is an unlicensed, unaccredited, amateur psychoanalyst specializing in celebrity conjecture. He has never been to college, and has yet to receive his high school diploma. Dr. Crockerpot periodically sends us non-medical psychoanalytical assessments of people he sees on the television at the 24-hour diner on East 77th St.
Patient: Donald J. Trump
Occupation: Suit Wearer, Important-Seeming Business Guy
Observed Behaviors: Slapping his name on everything he can, arbitrarily firing people on national television, taking his retarded reality show seriously, public finger-pointing over failure of spin-off show, making creepy comments about his daughter, crowning a coke whore Miss USA, picking childish fights with Rosie O’Donnell, generally being an all-around ass clown.
Clinical Anyalysis: Mr. Trump exhibits traits of extreme narcissicm, severe delusions of grandeur, borderline personality disorder, sociopathic tendencies, obsessive compulsive disorder, general sleaziness, and the pathological need to overcompensate for what has to be the smallest penis in recorded human history. It is my unprofessional medical opinion that Mr. Trump harbors a deep-seated hatred of women, particularly powerful women, that likely stems from an unpleasant experience in his childhood, probably an incident involving his mother discovering his compulsive need to mastubate while repeating his own name.
Suggested Treatment: Publicly admitting to the world, and to himself, that he is just a frightened, embarassed little boy hiding in a man’s body that just so happens to have terrible hair. Enzyte Natural Male Enhancement medication.
A few days ago, we opened our minds to the singer/songwriter/Dundie Award Winner John Mayer, asking you to prove to us that Mayer really does have a sense of humor about the cheesiness of his music. We read the comments, and decided that OK, we’re not the biggest fans of the guy, but we’ll give him a break. After all, even the lead singer of Matchbox 20 has to put food on the table… it’s business. One passionate Mayer fan, however, went above and beyond what we asked, and sent us this clip of John on his short-lived VH1 reality show John Mayer Has a TV Show. Mayer runs a Fan Focus Test Group, where he puts 4 college-aged girls to the ultimate test: How long can you listen to his music before spontaneously crying? For us, it was 11 seconds… so maybe we should stop judging the guy and take a long hard look at ourselves for a change. Anyway — it’s pretty funny.
- You already saw my own “Best Of” list over Scenestars, but now you can check out Bob’s. He totally ripped off my Strokes proppers, but the Tom Petty love: Classic Castrone.
- PopMatters has the “Best Indie-Pop of 2006″. Apparently “indie-pop” isn’t Britney Spears covering The Decemberists.
- Speaking of The Decemberists, Stereogum has the results of their “Green Screen Challenge” with Stephen Colbert.
- Andrew WK didn’t make Idolator’s Top Ten list, but that doesn’t mean he still isn’t awesome.
- Said the Gramophone lists his Best Songs of 2006, somehow forgets to include “PopoZao”.
It’s December 21, 2006. For most people, 4 calendar notches away from the birth of God’s son, but to some, the 21st rings in the birthday of one of the godliest men on Earth: Kiefer Sutherland. Men want to be him, women want to “do it” to him. Today, TVTattle informs us that the man who plays Jack Bauer on 24, the man we’ve seen go from young punk to older, grizzlier punk, turns 40. Meaning that along with Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Jon Stewart, Hollywood’s hottest guys are all past the dreaded four-zero, and looking better than ever. (Don’t get us started on our feelings for 71-year-old pappy Donald Sutherland… me-ow.)
So to celebrate the birth of this man, this legend, we’ve scoured the internet in search of the Worst Kiefer Sutherland Tribute Video possible… and by golly, we think we’ve found it. So please, sit back for the next minute, light a small candle, turn your volume down, and enjoy this really really awful tribute video in honor of Kiefer’s 40th B-Day.