It’s so good, you will actually hate yourself for not thinking of it first. Please enjoy this parody of our favorite Dateline NBC feature, whose name will tell you all you need to know: To Catch THE Predator.
Our nerdy step sibling over at Web Junk has discovered a list of the top ten Internet “Viral Vidz” of all time, based on the number of times each clip has been viewed. Coming it an the top spot, with over 900 MILLION views, is the legendary “Star Wars Kid”, in which a portly young fellow wages a suprisingly skilled lightsaber battle against no one in particular (we’ve posted the clip below in honor of his Jedi-like achievement). At number two we have the infamous “Numa Numa Kid” clip, depicting an equally husky young lad (in fact, they could almost be brothers) executing a flawless choreographed dance routine to a Romanian techno song, all while sitting down in front of his computer. And the bronze medal, with 400 million views, is “One Night In Paris”, the hilarious tale of some spoiled whore who allowed a sleazy producer-type to film her sexual incompetence. Way to go, kids!
- Britney Spears and Paris Hilton were inseparable over the Thanksgiving weekend, hitting the clubs together every night and shopping with Britney’s kids during the day. It’s all part of Britney’s plan to win custody of her kids… for Kevin.
- Kid Rock was so enraged about his soon to be ex-wife Pamela Anderson’s involvement in the Borat movie he yelled, “You’re nothing but a whore! You’re a slut! How could you do that in a movie?” He didn’t know how to deal with his woman wearing clothes and not blowing any drummers on film.
- The Reverend Jesse Jackson is calling for everybody to boycott the Seinfeld season 7 DVD as a way to punish Michael Richards. And as a way to protect people who have forgetten how bad the seventh season was.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt has sparked rumors that she’s pregnant after posing for photographers in what appeared to be a maternity dress. It’s a logical assumption when you consider Love hasn’t been photographed in anything other than bikini’s and tube tops for the past 12 years.
- Producer Jordan Kerner has bought the rights to put together a Smurfs movie trilogy. Fans of the show are already worried that it’s going to smurf big time.
It’s Best Night Ever for Monday, November 27th! Brian Faas is here to walk you through the best of Monday night tv, including The Bachelor: Rome, How I Met Your Mother, Studio 60, and Wifeswap!
- COMPLETE BULLSH*T THING WE WISH WERE NOT: A Jessica Simpson sex tape. Riiiiight, and be sure to look out next week for the Jessica Alba/Biel/Simpson lesbian 3-way video. Besides, everyone knows Jessica’s dad only shoots stills. (Gullible Bloggers)
- VAN DAMMIT: Jean Claude Van Damme will not be starring in Rush Hour 3, which means we will not be seeing Rush Hour 3. (Empire Online)
- CASUAL ENCOUNTER: Some Fortune 500 CEO gets understandably blackmailed by a hot young thing he met on Craigslist. (The Smoking Gun)
- HARD TIME: OJ Simpson isn’t nearly as good at golf as he is at murdering people. (TMZ)
- PORN FOR PARIS HILTON: Here’s how cocaine is made. Keep hoovering it up, kiddies! (Cityrag)
Fabian Basabe – an NYC breath-waster you probably don’t remember from his “filmed account of staggering douchebaggery” reality show that came and went last year on late night cable – was arrested on Thanksgiving for drunk driving his way around the Upper West Side. As if endangering the lives of (relatively) innocent people by tooling around in his unnecessary Hummer completely sh*tfaced wasn’t douchey enough, Basabe is blaming the “bumbling” cops for targeting him because he’s famous. First of all, Fabs – you’re not famous. Just because you happen to be a repulsive enough specimen of humanity that the E! network mistakenly thought it might be funny to follow you around with cameras, does not mean that you’d be recognized by anyone outside of insomniacs, gay hairdressers and people whose TV is broken and permanently stuck on E!. Second of all, if you simply HAD to get wasted and drive around Manhattan, the least you could have done is pulled a Lizzie Grubman, headed on down to the Meatpacking District and crashed your land tank through the front doors of Marquee, Bungalow 8, or any of the other moron magnets full of people who should be put out of our misery. So despite all the fame and fortune you’ve deluded yourseld into thinking you possess, it’s time for you to sober up, Champ. And the first step is admitting that you’re today’s Daily Douche.
One of the greatest pleasures of this job is getting to observe TMZ’s footage of the little One Act plays performed nightly at the velvet rope outside of Hyde Nightclub, in which some J-lister tries lying and name-dropping their way into Hollywood’s hottest place full of idiots. In this edition, prior to a 30 Seconds to Mars after-party, Tila Tequila, despite having a bajillion MySpace friends, gets repeatedly “shot down” (pun!) by Bouncer McMoustache. After her best efforts to convince him that Jared Leto is “her boyfriend” (even whipping out her Sidekick of Truth to proudly display a “cum 2 hyde & do me” text message sent to her by the manscara-wearing rock wannabe only minutes beforehand) prove unsuccessful, Leto himself shows up moments later and valiantly offers Tila a spot on his goth coattails as he sashays into the totally dark and mysterious dance club to drink Red Bull & Blood cocktails. For a guy who hates bloggers so much, we’re glad to know that his malice doesn’t include those bloggers who blog about pouring vodka on their tits. Also, we’re surprised Jared didn’t have his 30STM after-party in the basement of the parents of one of the message board fans he cares so much about? But I’m sure the “Echelon” kids were on the list.
Check this out: Homer does his best Ali G impression on The Simpsons. It’s cool and all, but now I’m hoping for a Bart/Borat mash up. Or Ned Flanders and Bruno. Well… as long as The Simpsons never goes off the air, I’m sure they’ll get to it eventually.
I know that CHiPs star Erik Estrada doesn’t really work at The Ellen Degeneres Show and that this was just a bit. But I’d like to pretend it’s real. I’d like to pretend that Ponch really is the floor producer for a daytime talk show and that he really is there day in and day out. So pretend with me. Let’s keep the dream alive.
When we first saw that kind of annoying commercial for a handheld version of 20 questions, 20Q (“The Game That Reads Minds!”) we scoffed. 1. Why would you need to hold that in your hand? 2. We’re pretty sure it’s available online and 3. It probs doesn’t work. Well, we were right about the first 2, but lo and behold, a few minutes with the game proved that it was pretty hard to stump.
But perhaps more fun than the original is 20Q for TV and Movies. Choose any location or character from your favorite movie or show and watch how quickly it figures it out through the process of elimination. (Ex: “Is it a little girl?” “No.” “Is it Alex Trebek?”) It guessed in less than 20 questions both Mr. Kotter (i.e. the honorable Gabriel Kaplan) and The Peach Pit from 90210.
We dare you to stump the thing! If you do, let us know in the comments.