You will not be able to get the following video of Rosie O’Donnell out of your head all day. Trust us. Your brain will shut down. It’s mesmerizing.
Ethan Embry, the possibly autistic actor known for such crushable films as Empire Records, Can’t Hardly Wait and Dutch, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night. TMZ reports:
TMZ has confirmed the “Can’t Hardly Wait” star told police that two men recognized him from his film and TV roles, and robbed him and wife Sunny Mabrey in their driveway. The thugs allegedly stole Embry’s wallet containing $400, a watch, and threatened Mabrey.
As the men fled in a silver SUV, one eyewitness tells TMZ that Ethan raced into his house, emerged with a handgun and fired three rounds — though it is unclear whether they were in the air or toward the vehicle.
We still can’t decide what’s most shocking: 1. That Ethan Embry owns a handgun; 2. That Ethan Embry knows how to fire a handgun; 3. That Ethan Embry has $400; or 4. That Ethan Embry’s girlfriend was the stewardess in Snakes on a Plane.
With a rebel yell, she cried more more more. And now, with a desperate plea, we cry stop stop stop! Billy Idol, clearly in the Billy Mack phase of his career (how’s that for an obscure reference?) is releasing a Christmas album. We’re not sure how “punk” it is, but it certainly jingle-bell-rocks. Take it away, Billy.
Wow. Just… wow. We hear that if this wins the UK’s Christmas Number 1 Single contest Billy will perform naked on TV (yeah, that’s another Love Actually reference. Shut up.)
Vid via D-Listed
This morning on The View, Rosie O’Donnell came to the defense of Danny Devito‘s slightly-slurred appearance on the show yesterday, clearing him from any alcoholism accusations. Rosie then went on to say that many guests on her former talk show used to arrive drunk — she wouldn’t name names — and one blind item that we need to crack:
Rosie: Once there was a person on, and I met them in the green room before and they were fine, and then they were alone for a half-hour. And when they came out on the show, they had a burn mark on the face from…
Barbara Walters: Freebasing.
Rosie: Yeah. Which was so sad. And during the whole interview — cause it was live TV, like yesterday, all I kept thinking of is “How can you help this kid?”
So there you have it kids, the question of the day: Who was freebasing backstage at The Rosie O’Donnell Show? Also, we love how Barbara seems to know so much about it… Leave your guesses in the comments.
Maybe we’re biased because we’re bloggers (or are we bloggers because we’re biased?), but this Michael Scott-esque sketch had us chuckling heartily.
- Nicole Kidman is the highest paid actress in Hollywood. Upon hearing the news, people everywhere try to remember the last Kidman movie they actually enjoyed watching.
- NBC may start broadcasting SNL rehearsals on the internet. The network is confident the rehearsals would still be more enjoyable than Studio 60.
- Sylvester Stallone says the character of Rocky was based on Jesus. You know, if Jesus was semi-retarded.
- According to Gnarls Barkley’s tour rider, the men need a box of super-sized condoms waiting for them in their dressing room before a gig. Does that make them crazy? No. Well-hung? Probablyyyyyy.
- 50 Cent called Oprah Winfrey a middle aged white woman. Oprah immediately retaliated by shooting the motherf**ker right in his motherf**king face, because that’s how Oprah rolls, bitch.
It’s Best Night Ever for Wednesday, November 29th! Katina is here to walk you through the best of Wednesday night tv, including Day Break, Dr. 90210, Top Model, and Christmas in Rockefeller Center!
- DOUCHE: Mel Gibson, who mistakenly seems to think that empathizing with another bigot somehow makes one less of a bigot themselves. (Yahoo!)
- CORRECTION: According to a bulletin (that’s like a publicist for MySpace celebrities) she posted, Tila Tequila is NOT dating Jared Leto as we’d previously reported. She just lets him f*ck her. (ONTD)
- TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE: Lindsay Lohan’s new gold handcuffs are a fun sex toy AND, when used with a stationary object, a handy way for her to stop destroying her career. (Yeeeah!)
- NEW CLOTHING LINE: “Baby Marc Jacobs”, which will be coming along in no time now that hipster film director Sophia Coppola has given birth to a new baby who is already, like, way cooler than you are. (E! Online)
- HEADLINE: “Zombies file lawsuit against city of Minneapolis”. (KSTP, ABC 5)
Hey Rachel Zoe! We know you must be feeling pretty down lately. Nicole Richie dumps you. She then basically accuses you of having an eating disorder and/or asparagus pee. Oh, and she calls you a raisin face. Mischa Barton hardly even texts anymore. You’re embarassed, you’re stressed, you’re certainly not eating… you need a rebound celeb. A young starlet so desperately in need of fashion advice, that you alone will be given sole credit for her complete transformation. Someone you can revamp, makeover, re-style and re-fabulize. Well, Rachel Zoe, sit down and let us introduce you to your next lump of clay…
Ms. Dakota Fanning! Dakota Fanning will be 13 years old in a couple of months, and yet, she insists on leaving her house looking like Little Bo Peep meets Lampshade McGinty. She needs a guru, Rachel, a “big sister”, who can hold her hand through the likes of Barneys New York and swaddle her petite but shamefully growing frame in all the season’s hottest 50-yard wraps. Need more proof?
Let’s see how lil’ Dakota would fare with Rachel’s help…
Our playabrohomies over at Defamer throws down some of their Ridiculous Flowchart Game with this hilarious guide to whether or not you already watch – or would hypothetically enjoy – Aaron Sorkin’s moderately successful new comedrama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Click the image below to see the full-size chart.