Rapper Young Jeezy was arrested after a shootout and charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Unfortunately he wasn’t shot himself, so industry experts only expect a slight bump in album sales instead of a massive one.
- Jack Nicholson says the only way he’ll give Diane Keaton the time of day is if she starts acting more sexually adventurous. Are these two too senile to realize they don’t have to promote Something’s Gotta Give anymore?
- Liv Tyler is mad at celebrity mothers who lose weight quickly after giving birth. Meanwhile, her husband is mad at himself for knocking up the wrong celebrity.
- Kristin from Laguna Beach is NOT dating Nick Lachey. She’s not that desperate for her own reality show yet.
- After purchasing the rights to all 63 episodes, Bravo will start airing HBO’s Six Feet Under. But only after they edit out all that boring heterosexual stuff.
- If you’re a woman, you can’t hug James Earl Jones. No matter what kind of deal he gets you on a cell phone.
Netflix is perhaps the greatest thing to come along for home movies since the VCR. The selection is good, it’s easy, you can keep DVDs as long as you like, and it’s even pretty cheap. But there is a downside to the growing popularity of the online DVD movie rental service. I’m talking about Netflix Guilt. How many times has this happened to you:
When technical difficulties interrupt the zen flow of ESPN, the network’s anchors have to improvise and manage to hold it together…for less than a minute. Smit happens discovers how ESPN’s elite really talk when they think the cameras aren’t rolling. Listen for the "What the F*** Was That?" at the end of the clip. We couldn’t have put it better ourselves.
Chuck Lorre, the producer of the CBS yuk-fest Two and a Half Men has disliked The Donald ever since literally running into him years ago. Donald made Chuck feel like crap. Chuck knows how to hold a grudge.
Now, as you may or may not know, Lorre is the producer who likes to leave a "vanity card" at the end of the credits as a reward to the people out there who tape Two and a Half Men (or as I like to call them, people in their mid-40′s.) Anyway, in last week’s rant, Chuck took a dig at the man who dismissively brushed him off years ago.
all these years, the memory that lingers, the image that haunts, is of
his smug pout and condescending hand gesture that somehow caused me to
feel utterly insignificant. I was reminded of all this when I looked at
the ratings of Two and a Half Men versus the ratings of The Apprentice. Hey, Donald, I just bumped into you again!
It’s on! You can read Chuck’s entire diss here (it’s episode 153). Or you could just pop in your tape of Two and a Half Men and hit ‘pause’ at the end. I’m sure that’s what Donald is doing right now.
Sharon Stone continued her tour of peace and whatever else she’s there for. And she brought a different outfit for every occasion. See the fab looks after the jump.
Ignore all you want, they’ll make more. Here are the top 5 Hollywood products you spent your hard-earned money on this week:
1. Romantic comedy you vaguely feel like you’ve seen before, except this time Carrie Bradshaw must overcome wacky parents and silly hijinx to drag her hunky new crush into Committed Adult Relationshipland! – $24.6 million
2. In this incredibly original remake, Tim Allen turns into a dog with lots of hair. Hilarity ensues. – $16 million
3. In this incredibly original remake, it’s a Horror Movie blah blah vacationing family blah blah gets lost in desert blah blah bloodthirsty mutants blah blah blah. – $15.5 million
4. Bruce Willis is a grizzled, aging cop who is hungover and having a bad day and and has to shoot some stuff and fight some people. Again. – $7.3 million
5. Big Momma’s Nutty Family Reunion at the Barbershop in the Hood, Part 8. – $5.8 million
USA Today has finally uncovered the mystery of who that guy in the Capital One commercial is.
His name is Nate Torrence and he’s been compared to everyone from the "time to make the donuts guy" to the "Crazy Eddie guy," yet Torrence has managed to stay grounded. Still, landing the part of the "No! guy" opposite David Spade in the credit card commercials has put him in "an insane, crazy place," according to the paper. The 28 year old actor, who has a wife and baby, also appears on Golden Grahams and Volkswagen commercials, and has a bit part in the next Adam Sandler movie "Click". Which is more than we can say for David Spade.
George Clooney: Movie Star. Sex Symbol. Oscar Winner. Liberal.
What, is that last one supposed to be a surprise or something?
Everybody’s favorite ex-ER doc (sorry Noah Wiley) decided that it’s time for somebody in Hollywood to step forward and admit that they’re a liberal. Finally! I was beginning to think that all the actors and actresses out West were big fans of the Bush administration. I mean, I haven’t even heard a good "Dick Cheney shot somebody in the face" joke since the Oscars… I was getting worried.
Read Clooney’s I’m A Liberal. There I said it! here. I hope when he’s done with his acting career George dives into politics. We could use a sexy president. Sorry. I mean sexier president.
Ravfrom the News of the World has an update on that crazy on-again, off-again (in more than one way) couple, Kate Moss and Pete Doherty:
KATE MOSS and junkie badboy PETE DOHERTY are an item again, I can exclusively reveal. The couple have enjoyed a string of nights together at her Â£2.5 million country retreat in Gloucestershire. And she’s even given him a key to her new pad in St John’s Wood, north London.
It comes just days after Doherty scrawled "I love Kate 4eva" on his car window as he left court after facing new drugs charges. Last night a source revealed: "It’s the news Kate’s been trying to hide, but it’s true they’re spending more and more time together… "Pete’s like a love-sick teenager all over again."
So if you’re having problems with your girlfriend, just get arrested and write her name on a car window as you leave court. Works every time!
Britney Spears has reportedly had it with Kevin Federline‘s "spend-happy" ways. So she’s come up with a way to deal with it:
Insiders said Spears has put Federline…on a budget. "Each month, he will be allotted a certain amount of money for personal use – i.e., clothing, nightclubs, booze and day-to-day activities. Any big items – cars, or trips that go over allowance – need to be approved by Brit herself," said one source.
This isn’t surprising, considering money problems are a big cause of stress in marriages, especially if the wife makes more money than the husband. But things should be fine once the royalties from "PopoZao" start rolling in.