- FAT LOL: Ruben Studdard has turned vegetarian… and 2,200 turkeys wipe the sweat off their combs in relief. (US Magazine)
- DIVORCE COSTS ARM AND LEG: Heather Mills claims that she would rather lose the rest of her limbs than go through her divorce with Paul McCartney again. We kind of wish she would’ve lost her larynx instead of that leg. (BBC News)
- SECOND SEINFELD TRAGEDY: First Michael Richards, now Jerry Seinfeld‘s ex-girlfriend Tawny Kitaen has been arrested for felony drug possession after police found cocaine in her house. We know her other ex-boyfriend O.J. Simpson is connected to this somehow, but we’ll give Seinfeld a small Thanksgiving break. (Yahoo News)
- PURSE-ECUTION: First daughter Barbara Bush had her purse stolen last week while dining out in Argentina. We wouldn’t be surprised if President Bush launched “Daddy’s Payback War” and sent 10,000 troops into Buenos Aires tonight. (CBS News)
- NSFWWWWW!!!!!!!: Someone is brave enough to review the Screech Sex Tape. We nearly didn’t link to this, as it’s a holiday weekend, but maybe you’ll put down that second helping of Grandma’s Fudge Pie after reading it. See, we’re helping you help you! (Have we mentioned it’s Not Safe For Work?) (Fleshbot)
- EYE CLEANSE: We can’t end on that Screech tape, so here’s a little Thanksgiving Brain Cleanse, from us to you! (Thanksgiving Cats and Thanksgiving Dog)
We’ll be enjoying the long weekend, and will return on Monday, November 27. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Cameron Diaz has a new schnozz. Thoughts?
Where would we be without the fine folks at Cracked? Probably home for Thanksgiving, sober, and wondering what the hell we’ve gotten ourselves into.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Check out Cracked’s guide to surviving Thanksgiving. They have it all: everything from eating your mother’s cooking to fighting your drunken father to saving face at your high school alumni football game– it’s all there. So if you’re like me and you’ll be heading back to your hometown in a couple of hours to awkwardly interact with old classmates and uncomfortably fight with a family member at the dinner table, start studying up now. You won’t regret it.
Thanks to the folks over at Cynically Tested, we finally know how our favorite YouTube videos are made. As it turns out, there’s a lot more that goes goes into a nutshot than you’d ever expect. A whole lot more. If you don’t believe me, just watch Balls!: The Making Of Balls.
Got something you want us to see? Drop it now!
We never thought we’d see the day where we’d have a good reason to post our favorite Youtube video of all time… then we got the call. Faith the Bi-Ped Dog, featured on the above genius Montel Williams segment (minute 3:58 is the best), is a dog born without front paws. While her owners were told she had little chance to survive as a puppy, a little peanut butter on a spoon was all it took to turn evolution on its side and make Faith walk upright. When we saw the above video a few months ago, we cried, we laughed… it was our personal Terms of Endearment. Then, this morning, we received a call from a co-worker who spotted Faith filming an episode of Law & Order in Midtown Manhattan. (Please, producers, do not rape and maim the poor thing.) But before we could draw a comparison between a two-legged dog and Chevy Chase, we got an even better scoop!
Turns out, Faith was scheduled to appear on The Late Show with David Letterman Monday night, but was bumped for the Michael Richards apology! Well, boo on that. A two legged miracle pooch beats out a semi-remorseful washed-up racist any day of the week. That Kramer apology killed the spirit within us that Faith kept so hard to keep alive. Shame on Letterman. This Thanksgiving, as you rip the wings of your succulent turkey, think of Faith… and be thankful that your own dog has all four legs and doesn’t do hacky stand-up.
British Supermodel Kate Moss has had it with drug-addled rocker boyfriend Pete Doherty and finally laid down an ultimatum: he must choose between his love for her and his love for crack. We thought we’d help him out with this list of 10 Reasons Why Crack Is Better Than Kate Moss:
- Crack never gets jealous when you smoke some more crack.
- When you go out with your junkie friends, you know you can always pick up some crack.
- You don’t have to wine and dine crack.
- Crack doesn’t struggle with anorexia and constantly lose weight (unless you smoke it all).
- Crack is always smoking (even in the mornings).
- Crack will never cheat on you.
- Crack will bring you crack when it visits you in rehab.
- Crack doesn’t want to be famous.
- Crack doesn’t taste like cigarettes and Red Bull. It tastes delicious.
- You don’t have to worry about crack getting caught snorting coke on camera.
We think the answer is pretty clear, Pete. Crack is where it’s at.
Listen, we’re not going to rag on Lindsay Lohan for releasing a long and rambling statment regarding the death of Robert Altman yesterday. Different people deal with grief in different ways. Some people internalize it, others feel the need to share their thoughts through a publicist. That’s FINE. We’re not going to mock. However, we are going to request one simple thing: if you’re friends with Lindsay Lohan, please don’t die. Do whatever it is you have to do to live forever… or at least outlive her. Don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t do drugs… basically, look at what Lindsay does and do the opposite. That’s a start.
We’re not cracking wise here. We’re being sincere. Don’t die. It’s cute and endearing when Lindsay writes things like “Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourselves’ (12st book) -everytime there’s a triumph in the world a million souls hafta be trampled on” now because she’s young. But if she keeps it up, eventually we’re going to have to make fun of her. We’d have no choice. And we don’t want that to happen. So do us a favor– don’t die. Any of you (yes, even you Paris.) Thank you.
Our friends at Defamer point us towards the latest YouTubular development in the Kramergate Scandal: a clip of Michael Richards playing a black person, which now carries with it an entirely new meaning.
The online detectives at Oh No They Didn’t have come across an interesting/career-killing blind item on a blog written by an anonymous entertainment lawyer. The gist of it is that a woman who made a living as a back-up singer was asked to record some demo songs… only to hear her voice on the radio a number of months later being passed off as a famous female singer’s. This woman would end up becoming the voice behind the name, even recording special “live” tracks for the singer’s tour. Very few hints are given as to who the singer could be, but there are some clues: The singer rose to popularity around 2000, and her second album did even better than her first — which was also a success.
The comments have speculated on a few singers — Jennifer Lopez being one. At first, we thought this made perfect sense, but what are the odds that this back-up singer has the same affected Latina accent as JLo? Unless the entire thing is made up? Any other ideas as to who it could be?