Last night Vince Vaughn appeared on The Tonight Show to promote his new film The Break-Up, in which he co-stars with girlfriend Jennifer Aniston. Vaughn somehow managed to talk for twenty minutes without really saying anything, so luckily we were able to use our patented Celebrity Tranlsator to decode the real meaning behind his incessant rambling.
Anyone who’s been watching The Sopranos this season knows that the best part of the show is the forbidden love story between Vito and his moustachioed fireman friend, Johnny Cakes. In tribute to their moving tale of star-crossed love, I give you this hilarious trailer imagining a Sopranos spin-off we’d all love to see.
(via College Humor)
Remember those nudie pictures taken off of Fall Out Boy Pete Wentz’s sidekick? While Wentz was betrayed by the invasion of privacy, he did get a lot of attention.
In these new photos, reportedly sent out by the musician himself, Pete has finally recognized what valuable ad space his humdinger really is. Check out how he uses it to sell new the new CD of a band on his record label, The Hush Sound, after the jump (Beware: NSFW)
After remaining silent for nearly a week, Lindsay Lohan’s FireCrotch (the real victim of Brandon Davis‘ tirade) has finally made a public statement. Luckily, BWE was there.
- Halle Berry says she still experiences discrimination on a regular basis. It’s true – people who have a blind, ignorant hatred of attractiveness can be very cruel.
- Kevin Bacon showed up at the opening of Manhattan’s newest Apple Store in hopes of scoring some free stuff. A surly employee at the Genius Bar denied his request, but said he’d throw Bacon some free earphones if he’d go behind the pull-down screen and do the Footloose dance in silhouette like the iPod commercials.
- Brad Pitt sent an e-mail to the Cannes Film Festival, apologizing for his absence due the “imminent arrival” of his baby. Festival organizers were unimpressed, noting that Tom Cruise not only would have been there, but would have skydived onto the red carpet from an F-16 Fighter Jet, proudly holding his newborn child in fresh swaddling.
- Jennifer Aniston says her man Vince Vaughn is the “cream of the crop“. And by “cream of the crop” she means “A far cry from Brad Pitt, but has both a pulse and a vague interest”.
- Jon Favreau, director of the upcoming film adaptation of the Iron Man comic book series, is taking suggestions for the film from fans on MySpace. I think I remember something about Orson Welles taking advice from his “pen pal fan club” via pony express during the filming of Citizen Kane.
Usually Kelly Ripa is strictly G-rated, but on today’s Live with Regis and Kelly, after tasting one too many Cabernets, she dropped a bomb–and let me tell you, it stinks. This may just be the most inappropriate comment ever made on a morning show, and the best. For your consideration…
- So I was lucky enough to see Gnarls Barkley last night. Just an unbelievable show. Of course “Crazy” brought down the house, but “Smiley Face” was the highlight for me. Head on over to KRLX Music and download it now if you don’t already have it. Then go buy the album.
- Baltimore’s Spank Rock opened up. After doing an elbo search I was able to find a few tracks over at Analog Giant and To Die By Your Side. Let’s put it this way: They were so good I was worried Gnarls wouldn’t be able to follow them.
- Okay, moving on. Eardrums Shall Fail has a great mix posted today, including tracks by The Shins, Razorlight, Cat Power and Erykah Badu.
- Our boy Stereogum has a great cover of The Smiths‘ “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” by The Magic Numbers. What a great combination.
- And finally, Funtime USA has the entire DFA Spring Radio Mix. You have to download it, you know, because it’s Spring. It would just make sense.
Last week was a whirlwind for Lisa Welchel aka Blair from the The Facts of Life. Welchel–now a devout Christian, author and proponant of punishing kids with hot sauce–joined the old gang including Mindy Cohn and Nancy McKean in New York City to promote the DVD release of the series. Well it’s been a while since the church-going Texan has been in the big city, and according to her blog, things have changed.
Everybody needs to stop talkin’ about how my man K-Fed needs to get a job. He HAS a job: he’s a mothaf**king superhero, G. True? True.
Check out K-Fed Man, courtesy of the Kevin Federline Fan Club. Help K-Fed Man get back at the “pavorattis” by blasting them with hot rhymes. It’s as dumb as it sounds, but I’ll be damned if the soundtrack isn’t better than anything Federline himself has ever come out with. Enjoy.
Link via Gorillamask
We can pretend that tonight isn’t only about American Idol. We can pretend that you’re genuinely interested in how 10.5: Apocalypse wraps up, or that you care about the season finale of Pepper Dennis. But who are we kidding? The only thing that matters tonight is Taylor and Katherine. The Soul Patrol dude and the (alleged) Scientologist chick. On tonight’s final performance episode they’re both going to sing a bunch of songs and millions and millions of Americans will vote. Hell, I might. Are you? Come on, admit it. You’re thinking about it, aren’t you? Yeah you are.
Well, besides American Idol, what else are you watching tonight? Vote now!