While sponsors are busy pulling out of Survivor: Race Wars like an unprotected teen’s first time (groan, we know), there is a much more sinister racist beast lurking in the primetime CBS listings: The Amazing Race 10. The Amazing Race, for those of you recently let out of a predator’s underground tunnel system, pits 12 teams of 2 people against one another in a race around the world, hosted by the hottest besweatered man after young Cosby, Phil Keoghan. Each season, the 12 teams are diverse and interesting and autistic enough to create some genuine drama. (The season with the midget was effing geen.) But this season, casting directors outdid themselves in covering every. single. race-base amongst the 12 teams. And (SPOILER ALERT), is it just coincidence that the two teams booted off just happened to be brown people? We wonder. If you missed it, please, peruse the cast with us:
- Bilal & Sa’eed: Two Muslim friends who swore that they would stop and pray no matter where they were or what they were doing. Well, Allah-dee-dah. (Is punning allowed?) When the other teams began referring to them as “The Beards”, we though — Are Katie Holmes and Kelly Preston on the show? And while it would have been interesting to watch them continue in the race, if only to see whether or not they were considered a flight risk, alas they were the first team to get eliminated… We’re calling foul play.
The studio behind Employee of the Month took a pretty interesting approach to selling their movie to “the kids on the MySpace”, with the following ad currently appearing on the front page. I suspected this movie would be full of plastic sex objects who can’t act, but I didn’t realize it was actually hardcore porno…
UPDATE: My obvious (and rather poor) photoshopping of the first panel of the ad somehow made it appear that they were salaciously using sex to sell their movie, which they clearly would never think of doing. For clarity, the ad actually reads, “Dane Cook is HARD at work”, not “Dane Cook is HARD”. There’s a difference. Also, the Jessica Simpson part reads exactly as displayed.
There has been a lot of debate lately as to whether or not it’s too soon to make fun of the death of Steve Irwin. Well, those dying to crack a couple of stingray jokes at your office birthday parties should breathe a sigh of douche-lief, because Norm MacDonald has finally made Steve Irwin’s death humorous. So get out your arrow headbands and sharpen your pitchforks, cause you’ve got a boatload of material to catch up on.
In what will surely go down in history as the greatest rock performance since Aerosmith played Moe’s Tavern, Jack and Meg White made a cameo in last night’s episode of The Simpsons. The appearance, which consisted of a high-speed drum chase (?) and a “Hardest Button To Button” parody proved that Bart Simpson and pals are still on the cutting edge. The cutting edge of 2003. Watch the fun little clip here.
Link via Product Shop NYC
It’s Best Night Ever for Sunday, Sept. 17th! Michael is here to walk you through the best of Sunday night tv, including The Simpsons, Amazing Race, and Family Guy!
Tonight is the season premiere of Best Week Ever — so make sure to tune in at 11 pm and the rest of the weekend for your fix. Regarding your alcohol fix: The theme for the show’s “Drinking Game” this week is… “game shows.” So take a sip any and every time a reference to game shows is made!
- Lonelygirl15 fesses up that she’s not the troubled, imprisoned, vulnerable hot teen everyone thought she was, and the world immediately loses interest. Except for Leno, of course. At least DesertedChick22 is keeping it real with us.
- Meredith Viera begins at the Today Show, and in her first week, manages to get the creepy “How’s Your Father” from Willard Scott and Gene Shalit. And Lauer is already threatening revenge.
- And let’s not forget that The Tyra Banks Show also debuted its new season this week, and featured 2 shrivel-faced, rexic-in-some-way young ladies and a literal footrace.
- The President of Kazakhstan wants to talk to President Bush about all the harm Borat is causing to his country’s image. Borat, meanwhile, will totally add you as a friend.
- Lindsay Lohan lets her caged vagina sing. TWICE.
Some genius transcribed each of the opening speeches given by the designers from this morning’s Project Runway Season 3 runway show at Olympus Fashion Week, and then set the entire collections to music (we think) from the American Idol Soundtrack. (We said genius.) It really helps understanding each collection, and makes you feel like you’re there, listening to one of the worst CD’s you own. We’ll kick it off with Laura‘s, because it incorporates one of our favorite Kelly Clarkson covers, but you can catch the other three videos after the jump. (*Our fingers are crossed.)
Is your heart beating fast? Good. Because we just caught wind of the FINAL THREE CONTESTANTS left on Project Runway! This morning, we saw all four of the Olympus Fashion Week collections, and now, we know which one won’t end up mattering. But we’re not cruel people. We wouldn’t go ahead and spoil the next episode unless we had your express permission. So, on that note:
By clicking on the following link, you agree NOT to get worked up and angry that we ruined some of the mystery surrounding the Project Runway finale… And if you choose not to click, you must be some sort of Jedi, because we really couldn’t help ourselves.