It’s Best Night Ever for Sunday, October 29th! Michelle Collins is here to walk you through the best of Sunday night tv, including SNL, Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives!
- Jared Leto made certain that Naomi Campbell wasn’t the only diva who attacked somebody this week. Mr. 30 Seconds from Irrelevency pounced on Scottie Stereogum at the MTVU Woodie Awards. The blogosphere may never fully recover.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck was raped and murdered. No, wait; it was Elizabeth Hassenbeck. It gets confusing.
- Madonna stopped by The Oprah Winfrey Show to talk about
her new adopted babythe new Borat movie.
- Tara Reid made a few more stops on her Goose-Egg Nipple Tour of ’06.
- Everybody loved Christian Finnegan’s new comedy album… everybody except his inner monologue, that is.
- Everything Bob Dylan has accomplished in the past 35 years was erased by one 4-minute long Broadway rendition of “Like A Rolling Stone” on The View.
- And finally, we said goodbye to Sean Preston Federline and hello to Jayden James. Sean Preston was so much cooler.
What else happened this week? Well, turn into Best Week Ever tonight @11 and all weekend long to find out.
Here are some of today’s most memorable pictures. Click the orange “left and right” arrows to flip through them all.
This week has provided us with many days of douchebaggery, but there can be only one winner of the title of Douche of the Week, and only you can decide the outcome! Here are this week’s bags of the douche variety, along with the crimes they committed to earn their title. Vote for the douchiest of the week.
Douche: Wilmer Valderamma
Crime: Participating in MTV’s brain-suck of a television show, Yo Momma.
Douche: Sean “Really Famous” Stewart
Crime: Too many to list.
Douche: Rush Limbaugh
Crime: Being a total f*cking jack-off, as usual, this time insulting the thousands upon thousands of people who suffer from Parkinson’s Disease.
Douche: Ed Zwick, and the producers of Blood Diamond
Crime: Exploiting a bunch of third-world amputees, promising to buy them new prosthetic limbs, then totally flaking once they got their good publicity.
We love bloopers. And we love Johnny Depp. So even our overall distrust of Keira “Chinny-Chin” Knightley cannot prevent us from thoroughly enjoying the following Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest Blooper Reel, which we’re guessing is a leak from the upcoming DVD, set to be released on December 5. Orlando Bloom fans, fair warning: His presence here is sorely lacking. Such a perfectionist, that Bloom kid.
Taken down! Guess you’ll have to wait til 12/5 for your 3 minutes of broken-characterdom.
Our Wednesday night felt colder and more alone than usual this past week, when we realized Project Runway wasn’t going to be on the air for another few months. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do a quick wrap up of all the things you should take a look at:
- Each of the four finalists collections were put up for auction last week, and the most expensive dress? Laura‘s exquisite grey beaded dress with the yellow velveteen belt, ringing in at $4,500. Jeffrey‘s final grey/green dress took in “only” $2,900. You can see all of the collections here.
- Perchance might we be without Nina Garcia next season? The Elle fashion director is pregnant.
- Jeffrey answers a lot of your burning questions in this informative Village Voice article.
- Heidi Klum and Seal on Halloween = Nightmares 4 Lyf. Though this photo of them is equally as disturbing. (Thanks to BPR for both pics.)
We’d also like to announce the OFFICIAL WINNER OF THE “SHOW US YOUR GUNNS” CONTEST to be…. JEFFREY SEBELIA, who rings in with 58 votes. Michael (29 votes) didn’t even come in second! More people voted (32 to be exact) that Tim/Santino (Tim-tino?) did a better impression, and some refused to vote at all. So, once AGain, congratulations to Jeffrey, and thanks to both guys for being good sports about the whole thing.
Guys, anyone with an Internet connection knows that Paris Hilton hasn’t been tight-lipped about anything since she was about sixteen.
If only this Madonna was the one on Oprah this week- it would’ve been so much more interesting.
Congratulations to Katie Krome for submitting our favorite entry in the Oprah’s Boob Tube photoshop contest.. And thanks to everyone who sent in something. We’ve included a few more of our favorites below.
- Neiles Life has a bunch of tracks off the new We Are Scientists B-sides/rarities LP. No word yet on why a band with 1 album is releasing a B-sides/rarities album though.
- So Much Silence posted a B-Side from The National titled “Warm Singing Whore”. I’m not exactly sure what that means.
- If you don’t have “She Sends Kisses” by The Wrens on your iPod, head over to Badminton Stamps and fix that right away.
- My Old Kentucky Blog posted tracks by Rufus Wainwright and Stephin Merritt from an upcoming compilation album based on the 10 plagues. Um. Interesting.
- The post is over a week old, but I’d be doing a disservice if I didn’t point out that Aquarium Drunkard has the legendary Rolling Stones C**ksucker Blues EP. Head over there and download it before it’s too late.
Meatloaf appeared on this morning’s Today Show to promote the third installment of Bat Out of Hell. And if ever someone looked like they were dumping a 55 pound load in their pants, it would have to be this guy. He seriously doesn’t hit a single note — except for the most important note, the high C that is Showmanship. Just promise us you’ll stick around for the end where the guy seriously loses it and gets up all in some leather girl’s grill.