- Donald Trump is threatening to sue Rosie O’Donnell after she discussed his finances and called him a “snake-oil salesman” on The View yesterday. Trump found that offensive, though he admitted that if he was a snake-oil salesman he’d be the “biggest and best snake-oil salesman in the entire world.”
- A Canadian stripper has dropped her defamation lawsuit against Matt LeBlanc. And to make things fair, LeBlanc dropped her an extra $20.
- Jessica Simpson conducts her relationships over the phone in an effort to protect her boyfriends from the paparazzi. So they get the good Jessica Simpson conversation, without all the Jessica Simpson touching and physical contact? What a great deal!
- Before his first rehab stint Ozzy Osbourne was under the impression that the Betty Ford Center would teach him how to drink better, not force him to quit. No joke here; just wanted to remind you that Ozzy Osbourne is AWESOME.
- Danny DeVito says it’s good to start drinking early on Christmas morning. Of course, he later added that it’s good to live every day like it’s Christmas, so take that as you may.
It’s Best Night Ever for Wednesday, December 20th! Shea Hess is here to walk you through the best of Wednesday night TV, including: The Real World Denver, Mythbusters [holiday edition], Psychic Detectives, and the two hour clip show of Next Top Model: British Invasion!
- JESUS FREAK: Sylvester Stallone is saying that the script for Rocky Balboa was inspired by the teachings of Jesus. Like turning the other cheek. (SF Gate)
- SLOPPY SECONDS: Britney Spears’ friendship with Paris Hilton is rumored to have cooled because the pop princess was involved with one of Paris’ exes? Though in Brit’s defense, is there anyone who ISN’T one of Paris’ exes? (The Scoop)
- SERIAL DIVORCEE: Eminem’s latest divorce from Kim Mathers has been finalized, making the rapper the only person in the world who has been divorced more than they’ve been married. (E! Online)
- TERROR ALERT: In these uncertain times, we can never be too cautious of the threat of terrorists. Therefore, the TSA is now requiring all babies be X-rayed at security checkpoints. (CBS News)
- REASON IT’S HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP: A convicted pimp has made an educational video warning teen girls about the dangers of prostitution. The biggest danger is not bringin’ enough of that money back to yo’ pimp. (AZ Star)
It’s only the third day of our 10 Best 10 Best Lists of 2006, but we’ve already tackled two of the biggest issues yet: The Top 10 Celebrity Body Parts of the year and the Top 10 Reasons to Hate Singing & Dancing in 2006. Today we’re shifting our attention to the big screen and counting down the 10 Best Movie Cliches of the year. If it was in theaters at some point during the past 12 months, chances are it’s on this list. Not The Lake House, though. We missed that one.
10. ‘The’ Movies are the new ‘The’ Bands
Way back in 2001 everybody was talking about the influx of ‘The’ bands that came popping out of the woodwork. The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Hives and The Vines ushered in a new wave of music that people were excited about (for approximately 9-15 months.) This year, we were treated to a whole new batch of The ______s in theaters. The Illusionist, The Marine, The Queen, The Guardian, The Sentinal, The Benchwarmers, and The Departed were just a few. Let’s hope that this trend disappears faster than those “Get Free” guys.
9. Sequels that
nobody everybody’s been waiting for!
Every year we’re blessed with a bunch of sequels that are guaranteed to a) make a lot of money and b) be terrible. In 2006, though, they added another item to the list: c) make sure it’s a sequel to a franchise that should’ve died years ago. How else could you explain Basic Instinct II? Why else would Sylvester Stallone release Rocky VI? Did anybody else really expect a Van Wilder 2 nearly four years after the original? Hey, we even had Superman Return. What’s left? I’m shocked there wasn’t a Short Circuit III. Maybe next year.
8. Talking animals, people. Talking! Animals!
Over The Hedge: talking rodents. Happy Feet: talking penguins. Barnyard: talking farm animals. Ant Bully: talking ants. Sadly, most of the dialogue spoken by animated animals in 2006 was probably better than most of the dialogue spoken by actual people. Writers in Hollywood might want to get on that.
Justin Timberlake‘s success on SNL last weekend left a lot of people wondering just how the adorable singer got so funny? Well, look no further than Youtube, which offers many clips of a pre-pube Timby on the Mickey Mouse Club, alongside such future-skanks as Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears (who is incredibly adept at comedic timing, considering she is about 11 and the show is written by chimps in jail.) It’s fun to watch Justin and Brit interact, knowing that in just a handful of years, the two would find themselves in the midst of a seriously awkward teenage sexathon. This is the kid who ends up singing “D**k in a Box” you guys… He’s the original Hip Hop Kid!
BONUS VID! After the jump, a pre-teen Ryan Gosling in drag! We always forget he was around those kids.
There is SO MUCH to love and loathe about this clip taken from today’s All My Children: Let’s kick it off with a little Natalie Merchant, add in a splash of funeral comedy, sprinkle a dash of homo-erotic “brotherly love”, and cap it all off with a Josh Duhamel lookalike doing his best Ben Affleck impersonation (i.e. man-blubber). We haven’t shed this many crocodile tears since November Rain came out.
Just in case you didn’t skip work today to be the first (and maybe only) person on your block to catch Rocky Balboa in theaters, the folks at Chowdaheads have pulled together 6 great Rocky fights to get you excited. It’s tough to choose a favorite fight from the past 30 years (editor’s note: 30 years!?!?), but we’re gonna have to go with this one. I pity the fool who disagrees.
Link via Deadspin
As we reported earlier, X17Online caught Britney Spears getting a small star tattoo with Kid Sister Jaime Lynn. As if that weren’t enough, we noticed an unusual stain on BB Netan-yahoo’s dress. Time for another round of Name! That! Stain! Is it:
a. Drippage from when she mouth fed Jaime partially digested Cheetohs.
b. C-Section Scar Leakage.
c. Pizza froth.
d. An easy explanation for how she scored that “free tattoo” (see also, Monica Lewinsky‘s blue dress)
e. Paris Hilton Ass Goiter Sweat.
Take our poll, or leave your own answer after the jump!
When we stumbled across Pop Candy’s link to this NBC Promo Spot that MIGHT contain the answer to the mystery of who accompanied Michael Scott on his trip to Sandals (all-inclusive) Resort at the end of last week’s amazing Christmas episode of The Office, we had no choice but to watch the clip, and our suspicions appear to have been confirmed. To click or not to click – the choice is now yours:
You guys, seriously. The new Transformers trailer is out today, the robotiest little Christmas gift director Michael Bay could ever deliver. Our verdict? It looks F**KING AWESOME! We are 80’s children, so Transformers remain near and dear to our hearts — though we don’t quite remember them being quite so… deadly. Also, the My Little Pony callback at the end is a nice touch. No word is Rainbow Brite is scheduled to make any on-screen appearances.