Thanks to the eagle-eyed kids over at TV Squad for pointing us towards this surprisingly funny Mad TV parody of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Now try to consider the meta quality of a Saturday night sketch show parodying a prime-time satire of a Saturday night sketch show. Thank god they didn’t throw any “30 Rock Hard” jokes in there.
- Aquarium Drunkard has appropriately posted one of my very favorite Christmas songs of all time (for reasons I shall not disclose), “Christmas In the Drunk Tank” by The Pogues.
- *SIXEYES remembers the “reason for the season” (for Mel Gibson, at least) and posts Big Star’s classic “Jesus Christ”.
- Recently fired Jew-hating publisher Judith Regan should head on over to Here Comes The Flood where she will be able to download Elvis Presley’s classic “Blue Christmas”.
- You Ain’t No Picasso is getting into the Holiday Spirit with “12 Days of Mixmas”, posting mixes from several cool indie rockers, the latest being from one of my personal faves, Page France.
- And finally, Stereogum has a link to Aimee Mann’s Christmas Special.
We would just like to bring to the world’s attention that The Tyra Banks Show, the only place that consistently delivers the most partially aborted moments seen on daytime TV, has officially been renewed to 2009. Even though ratings are down, Tyra Banks scores big in the women between 18-34 category.
2009. At least 3 more years of second-rate giveaways, public pimple popping, and paaaaanty paaaaarties! 3 more years of racial stereotyping, of “My Momma Thinks”, and the classic “When I Was a Model”s. 3 more years of yo-yo dieting, America’s Next Top Model updates, and ass moisturizing. And you know what?
We couldn’t be more thrilled. Because it looks like as long as this girl is on TV, we’ll still have our jobs. So congratulations! We look forward to what’s in store. And by look forward we mean cringe hugely.
If you’ve never seen the disgusting gonzo video series Bum Fights, pat yourself on the back, because you’re probably not an asshole. These despicable videos exploit human misery in unfathomable ways, treating the sick and suffering as if they were less than human by paying them to fight one another. But when Dr. Phil had the sleazebag creator of these videos on his show, in order that he might state the painfully obvious by heroically condemning such vile conduct, he found himself confronted with a pretty valid point about his own parasitic behavior. But the warning is no joke – this clip is pretty disturbing.
Try to make it through this clip without wincing. This morning, the ladies (and I use that term loosely) of The View decided to discuss their least favorite aspects of menopause. If you’ve ever wanted to hear Joy Behar and Rosie O’Donnell talk about their facial hair… a) what’s wrong with you? and b) today’s your lucky day.
The image of Rosie attaching a bead to her chin hair and swinging it around is permanently etched into my brain. I always knew she reminded me of somebody… I just didn’t know it was Captain Lou Albano.
Only moments ago, Donald Trump made the announcement regarding the future of Miss USA Tara Conner, who tested positive for cocaine, has been seen underage drinking at nightspots around New York City, and even made out with her Miss Teen USA roommate. And the verdict it? Miss USA gets to keep her crown!! Quothe the Donald: “I’ve always been a believer in second chances.” Well, that is just fantastic. Considering that we’ve never known the name of a Miss USA contestant ever before, it seems fitting that Tara should get a second chance — because, frankly, slutty cokeheads are the American way, and clearly, Donald sees that. We can’t wait to see how next year’s winner tops this publicity stunt.
But seriously, do we even need to ask what went on in this morning’s meeting between the Trump and Tara that let her keep the job. Can you say BJ? (Blind Jousting?) Exactly.
This Christmas season, as you get nestled all snug in your beds and prepare to settle down for a long Winter’s nap, you might want to think about leaving Santa Claus something other than some bullsh*t milk & cookies. Something more like 40′s and blunts. Don’t believe me? Then check out Santa Claus: Steady Mobbin’.
Whoever thought of putting Ed Begley Jr. and periods in the same sentence deserves at least a Daytime Emmy or something of the sort.
- Britney Spears has been voted the worst celebrity dog owner for 2006. And she’s an early frontrunner for “worst celebrity dog” in ’07.
- Matt Damon said it was weird filming a sex scene with Angelina Jolie because Brad Pitt is a good friend. And in Hollywood people are supposed to do that to their good friends in private, not on the big screen.
- Paris Hilton claims she’s been celibate for the past six or seven months. However, she doesn’t claim to know what “celibate” means.
- 48-year-old Sharon Stone and 37-year-old Christian Slater have confirmed that they are dating. People are calling this the biggest celebrity power couple ever (if “ever” consisted solely of the year 1992.)
- Scooby Doo creator Joe Barbera has passed away at the age of 95. Good friend Shaggy has already turned to drugs in an effort to cope.
It’s Best Night Ever for Monday, December 18th! Brian Faas is here to walk you through the best of Monday night tv, including Identity, Deal or No Deal, and Inside the Actor’s Studio!