- A song off Camera Obscura’s new album will be featured on Grey’s Anatomy tonight. Skatterbrain has the mp3 posted right now… you know, just in case you need to prepare yourself emotionally.
- Snakes On A Blog has pretty darn good songs today, including tracks by Karen O, Thom Yorke, Loose Fur and more.
- Instrumental Analysis is celebrating yet another Throwback Thursday with a bunch of tracks from The Psychadelic Furs.
- Berkeley Place runs through the alphabet, offering up a ton of tracks by Snow Patrol and The Reindeer Section.
- And finally, Fluxblog has a brand new track by Jarvis Cocker, as well as a couple of songs by the Basement Jaxx. Enjoy.
Today AdRants directed us over to this commercial for Che Magazine. I’m not sure if the ad is effective in making a person want to purchase the mag, however it definitely makes the idea of female tennis players exchanging their shirts after matches sound appealing. Come on, if it’s good enough for male soccer players, why not female tennis players? It’s a double standard and it’s not fair. Let’s make this happen.
In light of yesterday’s slapfight on the Grey’s Anatomy set, our friends over at CRACKED posted this now-timely vintage Inside Edition report documenting the greatest celebrity fights ever caught on camera, including the Jim Rome vs. Jim “Christ” Everett Rumble, the Bjork Freakout, and the all-time classic Burt Reynolds vs. Mark Somers Dust-up on David Letterman.
All day yesterday, Man of the Year, the new Robin Williams movie about a talk show host who becomes president, ran ads all over the internets. And every time it we would happen upon it, we would mistake Williams’ face for someone elses. And that’s when it hit us: This movie was horribly miscast! So who should’ve taken over Mork‘s role? It should be obvious…
Fun fact: Director Anthony Minghella is actually the creator of underground secret lady porn. Look at his movies: The English Patient (Ralph Fiennes in bed for 3 hours); The Talented Mr. Ripley (Matt Damon in a speedo, spooning Jude Law‘s corpse in a boat); Cold Mountain (Law and Nicole Kidman dry humping by a fire). His latest film, Breaking and Entering, is no exception. Law is back to his fine-ass brooding form, and Juliette Binoche can simply do no wrong. Watch the following trailer, and for two minutes, pretend the Screech sex tape never happened.
(Ed. Note: We managed to write this entire post without making a single “Jude Law can Break and Enter us any time” joke! Oh, wait… damn.)
And suddenly, the Goo Goo Dolls poster on your wall and the Toad The Wet Sprocket CDs in your collection don’t seem nearly as embarrassing, do they?
You can leave your captions in the comments, but I have a bigger concern that needs to be addressed here. Ladies: if you’re hooking up with a guy and he takes off his shirt to reveal a giant tattoo of Adam Duritz from the Counting Crows, how do you react? Seriously. I need to know.
Link via Collegehumor
Last night was the first half of the always dramatic Project Runway finale, and those of you smart enough to actually skip over spoilers got something of a controversial surprise towards the end. We always love when Tim Gunn visits each designer’s home to opine on their collections and spend time with the famillies (Tim Gunn + Turtle Poop = Billion-dollar Comedy Franchise). Yesterday proved that we might have the wealthiest finalists yet – from Laura‘s huge New York loft/Discovery Zone (“Do places like that exist?” we wondered from the bottom of an Ikea-furnished well) to Michael‘s cozy Atlanta abode to Uli‘s beach retreat and Jeff‘s lovely L.A. townhouse.
But we’re here for the clothes. And while photos surfaced from the Olympus Fashion Week runway shows a few weeks ago, our opinions changed last night upon seeing the garments up close. Laura’s collection delivered no new surprises, other than that hideous green ruffle-coat that belonged on the mother-of-the-bride at some Renaissance Wedding somewhere. The grey-sequined-gown/yellow-belt dress remained the definition of elegance. Uli’s dresses looked less fabulous on the hangers than on the models, and poor, sweet “Braceface” (as Michael insisted he be called) really missed the boat entirely, with a collection better suited for Beyonce at the gynecologist than the real world.
After the jump, our thoughts on the Laura/Jeffrey debacle… and we want to know what you think!
It looks like Screech isn’t the only celebrity with a sex tape coming out soon.
Some employees over at Disneyland Paris, dressed in full Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc. attire, shot a smutty video involving our favorite childhood characters and leaked it onto YouTube. The video has already been pulled, however this article describes a few of the acts: Goofy groping Minnie, Minnie nailing a snowman, Mickey engaging in a threeway– it’s all there. At no point, though, does Mickey stick his finger where the sun don’t shine and then rub it under Minnie’s nose… Screech has cornered the market on that.
Now, while some people may be shocked by this video or by the actions of the Disneyland employees who made it, I think it was a long time coming. When you look at the list of movies that Mickey and Minnie have appeared in, it’s easy to see how this could’ve happened. Just look at these titles.
The Delivery Boy
Mickey’s Choo Choo
Mickey Down Under
Mickey & The Seal
Crazy Over Daisy
The Fox Hunt
When The Cat’s Away
Mickey’s Man Friday
Mickey Plays Papa
There’s something for everybody in there. Me, I think I’m going to go out and rent Mickey’s Amateurs tonight. Because the amatuers aren’t nearly as weathered or jaded as the other Disney stars. You know what I’m talking about.
If you’re feeling a little sluggish this morning, skip the double mochaccino, turn your volume up, bend over, and prepare to be f*cked by all the sound and fury of this preview trailer for Grind House, the upcoming collaboration between Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. Once your ears stop ringing, you can thank reader Fasthack for dropping this.
- K-Fed, possibly worrying about maintaining his Gamma Male dominance while on tour to support his ill-fated album, has forbidden Britney from hiring any male back-up dancers, lest one of them take a page from his own gold-digging playbook and insemintate their way to fame and fortune.
- Anna Nicole Smith’s lawyer has dropped his client, saying he completely supports the embattled bombshell, but he just received a call from Satan, who’s apparently been picked up on DUI charges (again).
- Nicole Kidman reportedly helped calm Katie Holmes’ pre-wedding jitters, softly cooing to her, “Don’t worry sweetie. I know he’s weird, but at least you’ll never have to have sex with him.”
- The Simpson Sisters are warning people about the dangers of plastic surgery, which is pretty much the equivalent of Mel Gibson telling you not to drink and drive.
- Dear Sienna Miller: When in “Shittsburgh”, do as the “Shittsburghers” do. Do NOT stomp your feet and pull a “Do you know who I am?”