On November 5, The Simpsons will air their 17th Treehouse of Horror episode. To honor the occassion, they’ve created a creative contest for all you fans out there: Treehouse Of Horror XVII: Slice-Dice-and-Win, where you can make your own Simpsons promo. They give you a generous offering of clips, transitions, sound effects and your own text from which to create your genius. Plus, they’re giving away limited edition prizes to the best entries. You have until Nov. 5, so shut the blinds, forget your loved ones, and get cracking.
This latest installment of Dove’s “real beauty” campaign (better known as Half-Naked Fugly Chicks on Billboards) speeds up a little photoshoot footage and somehow ends up explaining exactly why Madonna hates paparazzi and why you hate yourself.
OhNoTheyDidn’t . Yes. They did.
If you’ve ever wanted to read the MySpace comments of your favorite celebs (your favorite celebs who aren’t too old to actually have MySpace pages, that is), today’s your lucky day. A new MySpace hack allows you to view Comments left on private MySpace pages. So whether you want to learn more about Ashlee & Jessica’s relationship (they miss each other) or you just want to stalk your ex-girlfriend with the private page, odds are you’re not going to get a lot of work done today.
Have fun. Some might be fake, but here are a few to start you off:
Screen siren Scarlett Johansson is strapping on her Jason mask and taking a stab at singing. Johansson, she of the husky voice and natural bosom, ain’t satisfied her incredibly successful film career and “World’s Sexiest Woman” moniker. So in the spring, she’ll be releasing an album covering Tom Waits songs, called “Please Look Me In The Eyes Already” — uhhh, sorry, the actual title is “Scarlett Sings Tom Waits.” (And pause for sleeping kitten… aaand we’re back.)
This album is certainly a curious decision for the 21-year-old. Though it seems she might have genuine singing talent. After the jump, we’ve compiled an entire two clips of Johansson letting her caged voice fly: “My Hey Heyyy” from an SNL appearance in January, and her karaoke moment from Lost In Translation (not great, but she may have dumbed her singing down for the part.) Do you think she’ll be able to pull it off? Watch and decide!
As most any woman, child and gay/married man knows, this Wednesday is the long-awaited Project Runway Season 3 Finale. And if you’ve been watching, you know that this season’s second cheating controversy has come to the surface, this time with Jeffrey being accused of outsourcing the sewing for his final collection. The debate over his innocence has lit up “blogspots” round the globe (globe = U.S.), and while we can’t say for sure, we think we’ve cracked the case as to whether or not Jeffrey will be showing this Wednesday. Watch the following clip from this Wednesday’s show, pay close attention, and tell us what you think: Was Jeffrey prematurely auf’d? Does he deserve to be?
Right now they have clips of Office funnyman Ricky Gervais, the other Office funnyman Steve Carrell, Bob & David, as well as Triumph The Insult Comic Dog’s show-stopping performance. Check them out– it should tide you over until the Borat, Seinfeld, and Will Ferrell/Robert Goulet bits show up online. We can’t wait.
Revenge is a dish best serves greazed, isn’t it Brandon Davis? Brandon Davis, the man known for accusing one woman’ of vaginal conflagration and looking like Fat Dead Elvis, has bounced a check for a measly $10,000. Page Six reports that Davis wrote a check to Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis for said amount — which bounced — and also owes money to fellow crab-farmers Scott Storch and Palm casino owner George Maloof. Plus, Davis’ family is selling off their multi-million dollar estates, putting them perilously close to becoming upper upper middle class-holes.
Has the fall of Brandon Davis come already? So soon? We knew it was going to happen eventually — Karma Electra is a busy bitch, she’s got a lot of lives to ruin — but already?! What has it been since the Lohan incident — 6 months? That’s record time. And we’re hoping she’s not done yet. Now that he can’t afford his tri-daily eightballs of coke, he’s gonna be huge. This is gonna be great. So from us to you: THANK YOU KARMA!
By now you’ve probably seen the HUGE brawl between the Miami and Florida International players that went down on Saturday. You’ve probably heard about the 31 suspensions, and you’ve probably thought things like “those guys are animals” and “I’m glad I played soccer in high school instead.” It’s virtually impossible to not want to watch this footage over and over and over again, and it’s even harder not to notice something new every time. It’s like the Fight Club of sports brawls. My favorite observation from today: The referees haplessly reaching for thier flags as the fight escalates (12-15 seconds in). You have to love that instinct.
1. Despite being panned by every critic in the galaxy save for two parental basement-dwelling geeks with their own “movie fan” websites, Generic Japanese Horror Re-Make Part 2 managed to usurp quality’s week-long reign at the box office, and restore homogenized garbage to its rightful place at the top of the trash heap – $22 million
2. Despite being praised by every critic in the galaxy save for the two aforementioned basement-dwelling horror-loving geeks, Martin Scorsese’s latest masterpiece wouldn’t even have made the top ten this week if not for the word-of-mouth about Jack Nicholson wearing a strap on, which has been bringing in the teenage girl demographic for repeat screenings – $18.7 million
3. Just in time for Halloween, a scary movie about the one man who could possibly be more frighteningly incompetent of a president than George W. Bush. Though, if it were during his “coke years”, Mork actually might have made a pretty decent Commander In Chief – $12.55 million
4. With all the generic horror flicks and all the generic animated movies, someone should do a CGI remake of The Shining, in which a family of woodland creatures moves into a haunted treehouse for the winter, and the father raccoon (voiced by Kevin James) slowly loses his mind and tries to axe-murder his furry family with a pocketknife he found in the yard of the human family next door. Heeeeeere’s Rocky! – $11 million
5. The Texas Chainsaw Saw Grudge Nightmare Evil Hostel of the Dead Who Have Eyes’ Omen Feast the 13th was really a no-brainer, I guess – $7.75 million
Ever wonder what Christopher Walken does on his downtime? We constantly do. So we were pleased when Walken, looking like Wolverine in a suit, described his typical afternoon during a Regis and Kelly interview last week. Never has reading a magazine sounded so… startling.