American fans of Prison Break might now be surprised to learn that the show is a huge hit in France. What will surprise you, we guarantee, is the reason. Not only is the overseas version dubbed, but they have also replaced the opening theme song with their own French rap version (YES, IT EXISTS) “Pas Le Temps” by a band that sounds like a euphemism for diarrhea, Faf Larage. The song is now number one on the French music charts. The video for said song is below, and you might want to cover your face Gallagher-style to block the spittle likely to fly out of your monitor. We think we’ve finally found the one thing both the Bloods and the Crips can agree on: This song sucks! (Am I gonna get murdered now? Probs 2 Def.)
If you missed last night’s finale — do not read this post. Looks like the joke is on us, folks! Last week, the Einstein editors of Project Runway (said without a hint of sarcasm, mind you) led us to believe that Jeffrey would be disqualified for outsourcing the intricate sewing on his final collection. And nothing says “neck-tatted cheat” like a teaser showing Tim Gunn “gathering round” his little duckies and then immediately cutting to Jeffrey crying like a mini-me baby boy.
But as we learned last night, Jeffrey was indeed crying — out of relief! The always elegant Tim Gunn explained that after a thorough review of all of his receipts, all of his stitching is accounted for, although he did go over budge by about $200, which caused him to ditch those creepy Stepford wigs (a blessing in literal disguise.) It was finally the big night, the night when Laura, Michael, Jeffrey and Uli would duke it out for a $100,000 cash prize.
After the jump, a quick recap of the big finale last night… are you happy with the winner?? Or simply shocked?
In honor of this weekendâ€™s Arthur Nights music festival, URGE is giving away an iRiver Clix Media Player. The Festival is curated by Arthur Magazine and will be held this Thursday Oct 19 â€“ Sunday 22 at The Palace Theater in downtown Los Angeles. Artists confirmed to appear are Devendra Banhart, Bert Jansch, Boris, Be Your Own Pet, Sun Ra, Arkestra, White Magic, Comets On Fire, The Fiery Furnaces, and many more…all of them are available on Urge, btw.
So what do you have to do to get your hands on this ridiculous iRiver?
It’s simple: email us. Send an email to email@example.com we’ll pick one lucky winner at random tomorrow. What are you waiting for? You have nothing to lose– email us now!
UPDATE: Congratulations Mark from Boston! Enjoy your new iRiver!
The DVD’s aren’t enough; I need something else to remind me what an incredible show Arrested Development was. Something like… G.O.B.’s Segway, which is being auctioned off on eBay right now!
This is GOBâ€™s Titanium colored model HT i167 Segway used in the production of the Twentieth Century Fox Television Program, Arrested Development. The Segway appeared in multiple episodes being ridden by G.O.B. (Will Arnett) and became a signature to his character and is often referred to as â€œG.O.B.â€™s scooterâ€ on the show. G.O.B. is first shown riding the Segway in the Pilot episode.
It’s only $3,500. Small price to pay. Let’s all pool our money together and share it. What do you say? (link via A Whole Lotta Nothing)
- Pete Doherty is furious that Jack Osbourne claims he once kissed Kate Moss. This is incredibly significant, as it marks the first time Pete has made the tabloids for something other than excessive heroin use. Congratulations buddy!
- Stephen Hawking and his wife are divorcing after 11 years . Sources claim that another woman may be involved, proving that only is Hawking much smarter than you, he gets more ass than you do as well.
- A top Kazakh official has invited Sacha Baron Cohen (aka: Borat) to come visit their glorious nation. But only after they build an airport and someplace for visitors to stay other than a barn.
- A leaping stingray jumped on to an 81-year-old man’s boat and stabbed him in the chest. These creatures… must be… stopped.
- “Rocker” Sting thinks rock music today is boring. One more time; that’s STING saying that today’s rock music is boring. Sting. Yep. That one. Sting.
Shea Hess is back with an all new BNE format. She’s here to show you the five best moments on TV for Wednesday night!
- DETAILS DENIAL: Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong swear they’re not gay for each other, no matter how hard (and sweaty) they try convincing us otherwise. (PopBytes)
- SCREECH AND TELL: Something tells me that nothing in the Dustin Diamond sex tape will be quite as disgusting as just how proud he is of having made it. (UsWeekly)
- SCREECH BACKLASH: Possibly having witnessed said sex tape, comedian Patton Oswalt is calling for the end of ALL internet porn, harking back to simpler times when tattered Playboys were used as currency among adolescents. (MonkeyBicycle via CC Insider)
IRONICIDIOTIC T-SHIRT: A “Let’s Hug It Out” T-shirt is the perfect way to tell the world, “I support cliched TV show references that ceased being funny 2 years ago”. (SnorgTees)
- ONLINE PREDATORS: Teens posing as record executives trying to lure bands to Los Angeles? (BBSpot)
- Take a moment to remember your worst Christmas ever (Dad+Alcohol+Beard=Therapy), then head over to Planeta Pop and see how it compares to the angelicly delightful Sufjan Stevens‘ Worst Christmas Ever!
- Music for Robots alerts us to a song for the one holiday sadly ignored since The Monster Mash came out in 1962: “Halloween Song” from The Evangelicals.
- Stereogum leaks three songs from the highly anticipated Borat soundtrack (with the title too long to print.) We cannot stop humming that Born to Be Wild track!
- My Chemical Romance fans should kiss Idolator‘s virtual feet for leaking the unreleased song “Mama”. Kind of sounds like it should be on the Borat soundtrack, no?
- Finally, we beg you to take a moment of your day, click on this Youtube link, and marvel at Charlotte Church and some Goth Prostie Wino reinterpreting your favorite Michael Jackson song, “Beat It”.
A person only has so much bodily fluid with which they can fuel their self-destructive gravy train, so it’s not altogether surprising that Steve-O has embarked upon a post-Jackass career of publicly degrading himself in ways previously thought impossible. First he peed all over the red carpet at the premiere of his own movie, trying (rather unsucessfully) to demonstrate his pitiful lack of toilet training for nearby paparazzi. Then he outraged the tens of people who watch The Tom Green Death Rattle Podcast by huffing nitrous, getting f*cked out of his mind, and bragging about sexual conquests of which he played no part (something tells me his penis has been poked, pierced and pounded into non-functioning submission). And now Steve-O has accomplished a Tard Trifecta by finding a way to humiliate himself that actually makes sticking lit M-80′s up his ass seem charming: stand-up comedy. His Dane Cook-on-Crack observations on his career, his celebrity (including a mind-bending moment of self-reflexive irony when he mentions TMZ, the site on which you’re actually watching this trainwreck) and the “LA hip hop” scene are as delightfully hilarious as a bag of the world’s cutest kittens being pounded against a brick wall. I’m not sure what “the DEAL” is with Douche-O’s pathological need for negative attention (though something tells me you can easily find out by catching his weekend run at your local “Ha Ha Hole”), but he’s definitely a walking punchline, and he’s definitely today’s Daily Douche.