- Tyra Banks has a moustache. And it isn’t an undercover disguise.
- Pat Robertson threatens U.S. with a tsunami. He’ll do it, don’t test him.
- John Stamos reveals his sexual exploits and says he and Rebecca Romijn lied about being together at the X-men 2 premiere. Confuses Howard Stern Show for confession.
- Lindsay Lohan should have flossed. Paris’s liver is stuck in her teeth.
- Ricky Gervais is water-bombed by a gang of students. No that’s not British slang.
- Runaway Bride’s wedding is officially off. Couldn’t see that coming.
- Bruce Willis is getting cozy with young co-star Tamara Feldman. Now Ashton will have some company at the kiddie table.
- Paul McCartney may lose one quarter of his fortune in the divorce. Still has just enough to retire comfortably.
You’ve probably noticed that a new celebrity catfight has broken out approximately every ten minutes this week. There must be something in the water out in Hollywood, because I haven’t seen this much widespread animosity since that pink “mood slime” turned everyone in NYC against each other in Ghostbusters II. Sometimes the fighting is justified, and we absolutely love every second of it! – Upgrade! Other times it’s just boooooooooring – Downgrade!
Tell us what you think!
We love receiving emails from our readers. This one was sent by a guy named Brandon D. from Los Angeles, California. The guy apparently has a thing for mariachi bands (click on the picture to make it bigger.) Thanks a lot Brandon!
In today’s episode, Tony sucks face.
Remember Charlie Sheen’s kid’s clothing line Sheen Kidz which debuted a few weeks ago –on the same day his wife got a restraining order against him? Sure Denise really pissed Charlie off, by sabotaging his fashion dreams. But she was just getting started. Now she’s starting her own kid’s clothing line to compete with Sheen Kidz called Kidtoure debuting this summer that will feature novelty t-shirts for girls up to 10 years old. So not only are they dragging their own kids into one of the messiest divorces in history, now every kid in the mall is going to have to choose between the two of them. You know how this is going to end: Sheen Kidz will be worn every other weekend, under supervision.
Upon further consideration of this week’s “Diva Beef” post, I’ve realized that the Dueling Bimbos of today really do mirror Hip-Hop’s infamous East Coast/West Coast rivalries from the late 90′s. Replace glocks with cell phones, dis tracks with tabloid quotes, and it’s essentially the same thing. This is long and complicated, so try to stay with me:
The Main Players
Now: Lindsay Lohan
Then: Biggie Smalls
Affiliation: East Coast
Lindsay Lohan and Biggie Smalls are both enormous personalities known for their voracious appetites (Biggie for food, Lindsay for men) and highly-visible presence on the NYC scene. Biggie dealt coke, Lindsay allegedly snorted it – and both of them ended up as the West Coast posse’s most reviled foe. No one knows the exact origins of the beefs between Big and ‘Pac, or Paris and Lindsay, but they constantly fought over issues like the opposite sex (Lil’ Kim/ Wilmer Valderrama), turf (drug trade/magazine covers) and overall respect (album sales/who gets to star in Brett Ratner’s next movie).
Recognizing that the British have more benefits than American folks, the rich and powerful have decided to throw us a bone. Where as yesterday, we had to pay for healthcare and we couldn’t watch the video footage of Pete Doherty’s syringe blood squirt because it was only available on MTV Overdrive in the UK, today one of those problems has been solved.
Go to MTV overdrive and scroll down for a link to the footage.
The initial shock of “Holy s**t, there’s actually a movie coming up titled Snakes On A Plane” seems to have subsided, however the humor regarding the whole thing has not. Take this Snakes On A Plane rap video Dropped by nthdegree. It’s the best movie-rap since Hammer’s “Addams Family.”
The Wow Report has the scoop on Kate Moss’s new boyfriend, British comic Russell Brand, an MTV veejay and host on the UK’s Big Brother. According to tabloids he’s also “a recovering heroin, crack, and sex addict.” A friend says, “Kate finds Russell hilarious and he has the sort of rock star looks she’s attracted to.” That’s all well and good, but does he really have what it takes to win Kate’s heart? While Brand’s been arrested 11 times, her last boyfriend was arrested twice in one day. That’s a hard act to follow. What’s worse, while Kate’s ex is finding new, creative ways to celebrate his addiction everyday, Brand hasn’t touched the hard stuff since 2003. Boooring. But lucky for Kate, based on this picture, he still indulges in a little crack.
- Let’s start with MOKB. Why? Because today they have 3 tracks by Ghostland Observatory, as well as cover tunes by Ted Leo, Kelly Clarkson, Editors, and Franz Ferdinand. That’s why.
- Fluxblog has a new track by The Walkmen, which sounds like a Dylan cover (but isn’t.) They’re goooood.
- Ian Curtis of Joy Division committed suicide 26 years ago today. Ear Farm pays their respect by posting 4 tracks for you to enjoy.
- Speaking of suicide (always a great segue, I know) rbally has 7 live Nirvana tracks from a 1991 show at Music Source Studios.
- And finally, GrapeJuiceplus has Beck’s classic track “MTV Makes Me Want To Smoke Crack.” Thanks to Yo Mamma, I’ve never agreed more.