- Britney Spears appeared upbeat in New York City just hours after filing for divorce. Ex-husband what’s-his-name also appeared somewhere feeling something, but already nobody cares.
- Lindsay Lohan was reportedly involved in another car accident caused by the paparazzi after leaving Hyde last night. She’s now been rear-ended outside of Hyde almost as often as she’s been rear-ended inside.
- John Kerry told an audience in Philadelphia that “attacking Patrick Murphy for his [military] service is a little bit like Jessica Simpson attacking Albert Einstein’s IQ.” He then took a pause, looked around the room, and added “Take my wife, please!”
- President Bush announced that he planned on staying up past his bedtime to watch election results last night. It was the first time he saw the sunset in 6 1/2 years.
- Simon Cowell was booed offstage while giving his best man speech at a friend’s wedding. Ahh… sweet, sweet revenge.
Alex Blagg, Chuck Nice, Jessica St. Clair and Sherrod Small take you through the best of Election Night coverage!
- DAMAGED GOODS: Britney Spears, when one takes a gander at the pics “Before and After” K-Fed laid waste to once fertile lands. (CollegeHumor)
- CRAPPY SERVICE: A Greyhound bus emptied its latrine in traffic, covering an Ohio family in human waste. And we thought nothing could be more disgusting than sitting next to the drunk old hobo who just peed himself. (The Smoking Gun)
- FOLEY FACTS: The Unit’s Scott Foley is engaged. Washington’s Mark Foley is still a pedophile. (People)
- GOOD NEWS FOR POST-APOCALYPTIC JEWS: Mel Gibson will not be reprising the rold of Mad Max in the fourth intallment of the film franchise. (DigitalSpy)
- BWE PANELIST PASTIME: Giving interviews to comedy blogs, such as Frangela on The Apiary and Christian Finnegan on Dead Frog. (The Apiary, Dead Frog)
- IN TOO DEEP: Genesis is reuniting, but “not for the money”. It’s actually more for the things they will be able to buy with the money. (BBC)
Click on the arrows for a review of today’s best pics!
In the spirit of democracy, we’ll let you elect today’s Daily Douche. You can cast your vote in the comments, and for your convenience, we’ve even provided this helpful and entertaining video montage of suggested candidates. But please, whatever you do, don’t give it to George Michael.
UPDATE: For our less “obviousness-savvy” readers, the “candidates” I speak of appear in the video AFTER the opening montage of 9/11 & Katrina Victims. Guess I thought you’d know that.
How could Britney Spears possibly leave the super-talented, underrated, incredibly fertile, tree-smoking, pancake-loving rap genius that is Kevin Federline? We can’t figure this one out.
Some may speculate that she dumped the Federbeast because didn’t love Playing With Fire as much as the
millions thousands hundreds dozens of people who purchased it. It’s a good theory, but we think it might have been something else. She must have seen this video over at AOL’s Gold Rush Video Central where her soon-to-be-ex-husband “rapped” video clues with the assistance of his “Private Dancers.” You know, I bet if Brit was given the option of citing “Gold Rush Video” instead of irreconcilable differences in the divorce papers she would have totally gone with it.
It’s nearly impossible to see straight, what with our hyperventilating this past hour, regarding the divorce of American royalty Britney Spears and Kevin Federline. But nearly minutes after the initial announcement, details are already emerging over their pre-nuptual agreement. Pre-marriage, K-Fed was dancing his way to $30,000 a year. Post marriage? Even his cornrows are crying. From an Us Magazine article from December 2005, the details of their pre-nup:
- K-Fed won’t touch a penny of Britney’s money. All the millions belonging to Britney will stay that way.
- The mansion will be divided 50/50.
- Any gift given worth over $10,000 will go back to the original purchaser. This includes a custom-built motorcycle Brit gave K-Fed for Christmas 2 years ago.
- She will still support him for a little while longer. Brit will pay Kevin $30,000 a month for the period of time that is half the length of their marriage. Meaning he’ll be well sneakered until at least a year from now.
- Spears won’t pay child support. Federline is still responsible for supporting his other two children with previous baby momma Shar Jackson. Luckily, Britney should be able to put food on the table for at least another 200,000 more years.
They are so the Ike and Tina of a new generation! Nam myoho renge kyo Britney!
If you’re a LOST fan like myself, you’re probably no stranger to the frustation of friends and family suffering from a strange malady known as “Not Watching the Show” that renders them incapable of spending hours talking about it with you, poring over hypothetical theories about the island’s mysteries, speculating about the intentions of The Others, and wracking their brains trying to figure out what in the hell it all means. Luckily, our friends at CollegeHumor have discovered a cure, and it’s called Losticil. (Click on white area to view)
- In honor of the biggest election day news, Fire In the Stereo has a couple tracks for our recently “Dear Johned” homefries K-Fed, including a duet with his soon-to-be ex-wife.
- Best Foot Forward has a new Hot Chip remix, AND a picture of some dude hugging a big weed plant.
- The Shins are back and life-changing as ever, but they can only be found on blogs written in languages you probably do not speak. Like PopTart.
- Y’all head on down to Scenestars and get yourself some Southern-fried rock goodness from my friend Cory Branan.
- *Sixeyes has a whole bunch of Pavement tracks, just in case you’re feeling cleverly disaffected.
Britney Spears has filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.
Spears filed legal papers today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing “irreconcilable differences.” In her petition, Spears asks for both legal and physical custody of the couple’s two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.
I’m sorry… I’m… I’m just not ready to deal with this right now. I just can’t.