- I’m buying the new My Chemical Romance album tomorrow and nobody can stop me. Not Modern Music, who posted the new single, not Alex who made fun of me when I declared that out loud, not anybody. So there.
- The Music Slut is preparing for the inevitable Courtney Love autobiography by posting the ancient track “Uncrushworthy”.
- Glorious Noise has another track off the new Harry Nilsson/John Lennon cover album by The Walkmen. They don’t disappoint.
- Culture Bully remembers two bands that are no more: Blind Melon & The Darkness. R.I.P, you drug addled one-hit-wonders, you.
- Finally, I don’t plan on actually downloading the two Liz Phair tracks that Zeon’s Music Blog posted today… I just wanted to add them to this list so I could include a picture of her.
Caption This! brought to you by Stranger Than Fiction, in theaters November 10th.
The Wynonna Judd/Adam Duritz Tour of 2006 is bound to end badly.
Think you can do better? We know you can! Leave your comment in the captions!
Who does the better Timpression? Project Runway contestants Michael Knight and Jeffrey Sebelia go head to head to see who does the best Tim Gunn impersonation… so who’s better?
THE CURRENT TALLY: 38 of you give it to Jeffrey, 16 of you say Michael, and the rest won’t have any of it, giving it to either Santino or the real thing. But we’re still counting! We’ll post the winner of the challenge in a few days, so for now, watch and vote!
You’ve been training for years. The time has finally come. The big day. The Chicago marathon. You take off. You’re in the lead. You’re winning. You see the finish line. It’s a few feet away. You’re about to cross it. You raise your arms. Victorious. You’re inches away… and you slip and fall and crack your head.
Now that hurts. On sooooooooooo many levels.
Here’s one of the many reasons why Jack Black is so awesome: even when I fundamentally disagree with what he’s saying, such as in this tongue-in-cheek anti-piracy message to promote Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny, I still laugh my ass off at how he says it. “Don’t be a douche” is a tagline that could be better applied to so many different things. (via Double Viking)
Indian sources are reporting that Angelina Jolie has fainted for a third time this month while filming an emotionally charged scene in the upcoming Daniel Pearl biopic, A Might Heart in Pune, India. Luckily, Brad Pitt was on hand with smelling salts and a comically oversized fan to bring the actress back to, but we’re concerned. What could possibly be causing The Most Beautiful Woman AliveÂ© to pass out so often?
A few theories. India is a hot country. Now imagine how hot it is when you’re in blackface! Real hot (sources say this is why Al Jolson never made it over to New Delhi — too risky.) Also, lately Angie looks like more Indian food is coming out of her than going in, if you catch our drift. Another more colorful description would be she’s hopped on the number 2 train for an overnight stay at Dehydration Station. We strongly encourage her to take a mini-break to recover. There are currently 46.5 million orphans out there losing sleep over this entire Madonna flibble-flarb. You’re their only hope.
What would you do… if you discovered… that everything you thought you knew about what came out of Britney Spears’ vagina… turned out to be… wrong?
No, that’s not the tagline for a new (awesome) movie. A Britney baby controversy is brewing, and it has to do with the sex and name of the pop star’s latest offspring. According to The Daily News, some diehard fans suspect the baby’s name isn’t Sutton Pierce Federline since Britney never confirmed it. Instead, they think the baby’s name is actually Jayden James. Interesting. Throw that in with X17′s argument that Britney gave birth to a baby girl instead of a boy, and we have a full fledged conspiracy theory on our hands.
What do you think came out of Britney’s vagina? A boy? A girl? Sutton Pierce? Jayden James? Or if she *really* had a C-section, nothing at all? The world may never know.
[Head over to Faded Youth for even more in depth coverage]
1. First there was The Illusionist, and now this? Could movies about magicians be the new animated talking animal adventures? And if so, is David Blaine responsible? – $14.8 million
2. See, Hollywood? All you really need to make a decent movie is Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, and Martin Scorsese directing an adaptation of Chinese smash-hit blockbuster – $13.6 million
3. Sure, the image of these brave WWII soldiers hoisting the stars and stripes over the blood-soaked battlefields of Iwo Jima is pretty iconic – but so is slapping a “support the troops” yellow ribbon flag magnet onto the back of your gas-guzzling Ford F-350! – $10.2 million
4. Wait, what if the animated talking animals could to do magic tricks? Jackpot! – $8 million
5. Talking animals and magic tricks are great and all, but the “little girl who learns how to be a grown-up with the help of her affectionate horse” genre will always be my personal favorite – $7.7 million
BWE presents: The strangest 21 seconds Youtube will likely provide for you today, Justin Timberlake Edition. This short clip taken from the British comedy Bo! in the USA, which apparently thrives on twisted foam rubber masks for laughs.
(Video via the kind folks over at ONTD.)
Memo To Philadelphia Eagles D-Back Joselio Hanson: When a teammate is talking to reporters in the locker room, it might not be the best idea to– how do we put this tastefully?– drop your pants and reveal your defensive “back” and offensive “front” to the world.
Who knows how much longer this NSFW (unless your job is cool with full frontal man-dong) video is going to remain on the site. But know this; if your girlfriend comes home wearing a brand new Hanson jersey tonight, it’s probably not because she enjoys his style of play.