One of the hottest trends in Hollywood right now is giving the big-budget blockbuster treatment to what seems like every new video game that comes out. But what about the classics? What about…Pac Man?
Okay, I’m just going to come right out and say it– I don’t watch Lost. I’ve never seen an episode. I KNOW it’s the best show ever and I KNOW that I’d love it if I gave it a chance, but I feel like it’s too late. I missed the boat and I’m just going to have to deal with that. It’s not easy.
That being said, I need help. Scanning through the lineup, I realized that I don’t watch ANYTHING on Wednesday nights. I mean, I’ll probably check out the American Idol results show and I’m sure I’ll end up tuning into My Super Sweet 16 whether I like it or not, but that’s it. I need some guidance. What SHOULD I be watching on Wednesday nights? What are you watching? Vote now!
- Kanye West is being sued for allegedly not paying the lease on his 2003 Mercedes. Wait, Kanyeezy drives a three year old Benz? And it’s leased? And he can’t afford it!?! I guess homey’s gold done got dug.
- This week, Vanity Fair ran an exclusive interview entitled “The Dick Cheney You Don’t Know”. Apparently the Vice President revealed that he once “killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die”.
- There have been shocking developments in the Knight Rider motion picture project – producers are indicating they’re not interested in OG David Hasselhoff, or his high-wattage box office heat. However, they could face a potential crew strike as KITT has flatly stated, “If The Hoff’s out, I’m out.” And judging by the motion of his red lights, he wasn’t joking around.
- “Master of Illusions” David Blaine wants a do-over on the whole holding-his-breath-without-drowning thing. There’s nothing more impressive than when a magician is wrong about which is your card, then pleads to do the trick again.
- If you’ve ever wondered what kinds of things movie stars who wannabe rockers require in their dressing rooms while touring in order to properly suck, check this out.
According to the Phi Gamma Delta website, Phi Gamma Delta exists to promote lifelong friendships, to reaffirm high ethical standards and values, and to foster personal development in the pursuit of excellence. And, to dress pledges up like cowboys and yell homophobic slurs at them. I think that falls under the “reaffirming high ethical standards” part.
Four frat boys at the University of Vermont face $1,000 fines for this alleged hazing incident… and for running an old joke into the ground (yes, the party where the events allegedly took place was on March 2nd, but even then the bit was wearing thing.)
When asked to comment on the controversy, famous FIJI Scott Bakula said, “Brokeback Mountain… do you think they’re making a sequel? I’m available. Call me.”
Britney Spears stopped by Dave Letterman’s Late Show last night to read the top ten list and to set the rumors straight: Yup she’s pregnant again and no she can’t read good.
Check BWE’s exclusive footage of Britney with current kid Sean P. after the taping of the show.
Many of you have already seen this but for those few who haven’t we’d like to take a minute to blow your mind. Meet Denny Blaze, America’s Average Homeboy. He doesn’t wear bling-bling, he wears ray-bans, and he doesn’t pop a glock, he pops a collar. Check out how Blaze–the surburban white rapper– keeps the flow flowing like a faucet with his rap Blazin Hazen. Word to the mother of cdotchen who dropped these beats off. Plus check out his website here. It’s mad professional!
It’s Best Night Ever for May, 9th! Alex Blagg is here to walk you through the best of Tuesday night tv, including American Idol, Scrubs, and Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America!
When word got out that Britney Spears was making a “surprise appearance” on The Late Show with David Letterman a few blocks away, we here at BWE pretended we were paparazzi and ran our asses over there to catch a glimpse. Well, we caught more than a glimpse. Here are a couple of pictures and a video of Britney leaving the Ed Sullivan Theater with her favorite Federline in her arms. And a giant Barbie wig on her head. Check it out.
COOL MOM: A Maine mother was arrested for baking ex-lax cookies for daughters’ teacher, as revenge over a bad grade. (Drudge Report)
HUMILIATING JOB: Unclogging people’s toilets for a living is bad enough, but looking like you’re squatting on one while you drive is unforgivable. (Humping Frog via Smith Happens)
EXCUSE: A coyote broke into Mischa Barton and Rachel Bilson’s trailers on the set of the OC and ate all their food. (The Mirror)
PLAYLIST: Ashley Parker Angel’s. The pop star can turn you on to some really cutting edge bands you’ve probably never heard of like Third Eye Blind and Oasis. (ONTD)
Here’s another BWE promo that we dared VH1 to air, courtesy of Hungryman.com. There’s something oddly satisfying about beating the crap out of celebrities, no?