There are certain readers of this blog, let’s call them “Claymaniacs” for lack of a better term, who get very angry with us whenever we even implicity call into question the sexual preferences of their beloved almost-Idol, Clay Aiken. They leave comment after comment, incredulous as to how we could possibly get these wacky ideas that Clay is anything but the paradigm of woman-loving masculinity. Well, to those people, we submit this video, possibly the gayest thing I’ve ever seen outside of cutoff denim shorts and military boots. I mean, Ryan Seacrest is the straightest thing happening on that stage, if that tells you anything. Enjoy this performance of a song made famous by Elton John, George Michael and Freddie Mercury – as sung by Clay Aiken and his loving male counterpart:
- Let’s get the Memorial Day weekend – and the summer – started off right with links to four separate summertime mixes thanks to the Brooklyn Vegan.
- Nothing says summer like a good Bloc Party. Thankfully, Rewritable Content throws us a couple tracks from their Coachella set.
- MOKB, who has recently proven himself to be the single best mp3 blogger on the Internet (in my opinion), continues going cover crazy with this awesomely random mix, including a bizarre Ben Folds version of Snoop/Dre’s classic “Bitches Ain’t Shit”.
- YANP brings us the good news that Page France, a small but incredibly promising indie pop group, has finally signed with a label and will be releasing a full-length album at the end of the summer. Whet your appetite by snacking on these 5 tracks from a recent radio session.
- And finally, Bob Dylan turned 65 this week and to celebrate, Kwaya Na Kisser has the entire set from his recent performance at the New Orleans Jazz Festival.
Tony– we’ve had some good times. You’ve made us laugh, you’ve made us cry… with laughter… and you’ve made us realize that only a few people can handle a daily daytime talk show. YOU, my friend, were one of them. Damn the powers that be, Tony. We’re never going to forget you. Much love.
Holy sh*t, this video is SOOOOO messed up. While hosting a wildlife guy on his show, Jimmy Kimmel is bitten by an enormous deadly snake and rushed to the hospital – live on camera! I know at least one talk show host who won’t be seeing Snakes on a Plane this summer…
Okay, okay – so the video was a prank set up with the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. But still, it was pretty awesome.
First of all, it’s Memorial Day Weekend- you should be spending the whole thing outside (weather permitting, naturally.) However, if you CAN’T spend it outside, don’t worry, there’s plenty of stuff on TV for you. Like The Henry Rollins Show on IFC, Tim “The Toolman” Allen on Inside The Actor’s Studio (seriously), and the sure to be amazing Hallmark movie The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb starring the guy from Starship Troopers. Beyond that you have the premiere of My Fair Brady: We’re Getting Married and new episodes of Hogan Knows Best and Supergroup on VH1. Oh, and speaking of VH1, there’s this show called Best Week Ever that I think you should check out. So, what are YOU watching this weekend? Vote now!
This is the cover of the latest Bongo Magazine, in which the decreasingly famous Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari seems to be checking for hernias as these two gay men turn their heads and cough.
(image via ONTD)
A week after starting the firecrotch, the douchebag finally says he’s sorry to Page Six. Also, is the oily-haired oil hier ever NOT sweating like Paris Hilton in church? Does he have a glandular problem or something? Why is he always so hot? Resisting…urge…to…make…firecrotch…joke…
- DMX is considering changing his name for “spiritual reasons.” Reasons like, he wants to go back to the 12 states where DMX has a warrant out for his arrest.
- A new study reveals that smoking marijuana regularly does not lead to cancer. Snoop Dogg now expected to live forever.
- Ludacris and Kanye West performed part of their hit single “Stand Up” for the jury at their liability trial on Thursday. Observers called it the best thing to happen to the judicial process since Night Court.
- Jaime Pressly was worried she’d have to star in a sex tape to make it in Hollywood. My Name is Earl producers forced to apologize for casting the actress and depriving us all.
- Michael Jackson will make his first public appearance since his acquittal last June in Tokyo to accept MTV Japan’s “Legends Award.” Of course, since Thriller just came out there, they won’t even hear about the molestation stuff for another 15 years.
Ugh. Coming out of the closet on AIM is sooooooo 1998. Please.
Thanks to A Socialite’s Life for leading us to this amazing AIM interview with
Jordan Catalano 30 Seconds To Mars’ Jared Leto. Yes, he talks about Lindsay and his new movie and a bunch of other boring stuff– that’s not important. What is important is that in the interview he admits to being “gay as a goose” (which is pretty damn gay, if you ask me.) I’m sure he was kidding when he said it (and I’m sure he was kidding later in the interview when he compares himself to Morrissey), but still. It must be fun to wake up in the morning and see that picture with that quote under it on AOL.
Poor Angela. This is going to devastate her.
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, May 25th! Dan Hopper is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including So You Think You Can Dance?, Numb3ers, and CSI!