Here are some of today’s most memorable pictures. Click the orange “left and right” arrows to flip through them all.
This week has provided us with many days of douchebaggery, but there can be only one winner of the title of Douche of the Week, and only you can decide the outcome! Here are this week’s bags of the douche variety, along with the crimes they committed to earn their title. Vote for the douchiest of the week.
Douche: Wilmer Valderamma
Crime: Participating in MTV’s brain-suck of a television show, Yo Momma.
Douche: Sean “Really Famous” Stewart
Crime: Too many to list.
Douche: Rush Limbaugh
Crime: Being a total f*cking jack-off, as usual, this time insulting the thousands upon thousands of people who suffer from Parkinson’s Disease.
Douche: Ed Zwick, and the producers of Blood Diamond
Crime: Exploiting a bunch of third-world amputees, promising to buy them new prosthetic limbs, then totally flaking once they got their good publicity.
We love bloopers. And we love Johnny Depp. So even our overall distrust of Keira “Chinny-Chin” Knightley cannot prevent us from thoroughly enjoying the following Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest Blooper Reel, which we’re guessing is a leak from the upcoming DVD, set to be released on December 5. Orlando Bloom fans, fair warning: His presence here is sorely lacking. Such a perfectionist, that Bloom kid.
Taken down! Guess you’ll have to wait til 12/5 for your 3 minutes of broken-characterdom.
Our Wednesday night felt colder and more alone than usual this past week, when we realized Project Runway wasn’t going to be on the air for another few months. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do a quick wrap up of all the things you should take a look at:
- Each of the four finalists collections were put up for auction last week, and the most expensive dress? Laura‘s exquisite grey beaded dress with the yellow velveteen belt, ringing in at $4,500. Jeffrey‘s final grey/green dress took in “only” $2,900. You can see all of the collections here.
- Perchance might we be without Nina Garcia next season? The Elle fashion director is pregnant.
- Jeffrey answers a lot of your burning questions in this informative Village Voice article.
- Heidi Klum and Seal on Halloween = Nightmares 4 Lyf. Though this photo of them is equally as disturbing. (Thanks to BPR for both pics.)
We’d also like to announce the OFFICIAL WINNER OF THE “SHOW US YOUR GUNNS” CONTEST to be…. JEFFREY SEBELIA, who rings in with 58 votes. Michael (29 votes) didn’t even come in second! More people voted (32 to be exact) that Tim/Santino (Tim-tino?) did a better impression, and some refused to vote at all. So, once AGain, congratulations to Jeffrey, and thanks to both guys for being good sports about the whole thing.
Guys, anyone with an Internet connection knows that Paris Hilton hasn’t been tight-lipped about anything since she was about sixteen.
If only this Madonna was the one on Oprah this week- it would’ve been so much more interesting.
Congratulations to Katie Krome for submitting our favorite entry in the Oprah’s Boob Tube photoshop contest.. And thanks to everyone who sent in something. We’ve included a few more of our favorites below.
- Neiles Life has a bunch of tracks off the new We Are Scientists B-sides/rarities LP. No word yet on why a band with 1 album is releasing a B-sides/rarities album though.
- So Much Silence posted a B-Side from The National titled “Warm Singing Whore”. I’m not exactly sure what that means.
- If you don’t have “She Sends Kisses” by The Wrens on your iPod, head over to Badminton Stamps and fix that right away.
- My Old Kentucky Blog posted tracks by Rufus Wainwright and Stephin Merritt from an upcoming compilation album based on the 10 plagues. Um. Interesting.
- The post is over a week old, but I’d be doing a disservice if I didn’t point out that Aquarium Drunkard has the legendary Rolling Stones C**ksucker Blues EP. Head over there and download it before it’s too late.
Meatloaf appeared on this morning’s Today Show to promote the third installment of Bat Out of Hell. And if ever someone looked like they were dumping a 55 pound load in their pants, it would have to be this guy. He seriously doesn’t hit a single note — except for the most important note, the high C that is Showmanship. Just promise us you’ll stick around for the end where the guy seriously loses it and gets up all in some leather girl’s grill.
As millions of grown men and women prepare themselves for a weekend of excessive drinking while parading around in costumes that are either a) incredibly slutty, b) obnoxiously cliched or c) purposefully tasteless, we here at BWE would like to take a moment to make a simple request: This Halloween, please, whatever you do, don’t dress up as The Crocodile Hunter.
Are we urging you stay away from the Steve Irwin duds because it’s “too soon”? Absolutely not. Nelson de la Rosa, an 18-inch tall Dominican actor who was famously paraded around by Pedro Martinez during the Boston Red Sox 2004 Championship run passed away five days ago; if you want to dress up as him, you’re more than welcome (and honestly, we’d love to see how you pull it off.) But if you hit the town as our buddy Steve, you manage to pull off the rare double whammy of being both obnoxiously cliched AND purposely tasteless. And that’s never good. Not even with the “clever” addition of a stingray hanging out of your chest. Sorry, pal.
So stay away from the Crocodile Hunter this year. Unless, of course, you decide to whore it up and go out as The Slutty Crocodile Hunter. Three wrongs do make a right.
Borat has been surrounded by a lot of controversey lately, but luckily Madonna has come to his defense by going on Oprah to tell the world about this misunderstood man. Check out this clip from BWE editor Rob Vernola.