- Funtime OK has a couple of tracks off the new TV On The Radio LP Return to Cookie Mountain. Great name, great band, great songs.
- Over the weekend Berkely Place posted a few tracks by Turtle’s favorite rapper, Saigon. Go check out the man who got his music into the closing credits of Queen’s Boulevard now.
- I Am Fuel You Are Friends has a Monday Music roundup that includes Sia and Fatboy Slim’s remix of Cornershop’s “Brimful of Asha.” And more… so much more.
- Head over to Both Sides of the Mouth and give a listen to Little Man Tate. Not only are they named after a Jodie Foster movie, but they have a song called “Man I Hate Your Band.” I think I like these guys.
- And finally, The Rich Girls Are Weeping has a Velvet Underground track today as well as a couple of Pipettes B-sides. Not a bad way to start the week.
- A British shopgirl came dangerously close to getting a jewel-encrusted Nokia in the face after failing to recognize Naomi Campbell, then daring to accuse the phone-wielding supermodel of credit card fraud.
- Natalie Portman is apparently planning to once again allow herself to be filmed nude. What this means is she will be appear naked on film, but after said film has been developed, processed and edited into the movie for which it was shot, Portman will once again will chicken out and demand its removal from the final cut.
- Robert Downey Jr. has
a drug problemmagical powers.
- Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy are reportedly “getting serious”. Translation: Jim Carrey is tired of doing “Fire Marshal Bill” impressions every time he wants to have sex with her.
- Do you know who The Hoff is? Well, you’d f*cking better.
I love Adam Carrolla. Always have, always will. And I think you will too after you listen to The Man Show Man hang up on Ann Coulter mid-sentence, live on his radio show.
The best part (besides Adam doing what everybody should be doing to Ann Coulter)? Adam’s sidekick who asks “Why the long face, Ann?” Classic.
Link via Gorillamask.
Want to submit something for the Film Fest? Send us your short films and sketches at email@example.com!
There’s so much on tonight I don’t even know where to begin. I know that I’ll be tuning into the MLB Homerun Derby on ESPN (and I’ll be pulling for my fantasy first baseman, Ryan Howard naturally). I also want to check out the Lifetime original movie Not Like Everyone Else because it stars Maeby from Arrested Development and I’ve vowed to support whatever the AD people do for the rest of my life. Yes, that even includes Lifetime movies.
Tonight’s not just about baseball and made for TV movies, though. We get a new Hell’s Kitchen on Fox, a new How To Get The Guy on abc, a new Saved on TNT, a new Kyle XY on ABC Family and so much more. So what are you watching tonight? Vote now!
Since Justin Timberlake is releasing an album soon, whether he knows it or not, he’s symbolically throwing his trucker hat into the ring to compete with K-Fed for the honor of “Worst Music This Summer Made By Someone Who Boned Britney Spears” (we don’t think that redneck dude she married for a day is hitting the studio anytime soon). While Kevin still remains the odds-on favorite, the competition could get stiff depending on just how bad JT’s new album is. We’ll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, enjoy this Celebrity Deathmatch featuring the whitest two homeboys in hip-hop battling each other for sucking rights.
1. I wonder how many “box office report” headlines made some lame pun involving “treasure”. Probably a lot – $132 million
2. Also, it’s funny no one ever questioned the sexuality of Johnny Depp’s pirate character, and he’s wearing freaking eyeliner – $21.9 million
3. If there really were a devil, I don’t think it would wear Prada. It would probably be sporting something more like that human skin get-up from Silence of the Lambs, or maybe Banana Republic – $15.6 million
4. Do you ever see something so horribly dumb and unfunny that you just want to throw your remote control right into the screen? Me too – $12 million
5. Seriously, I’m running out of gas with the jokes about this one – $10.3 million
Now I get it! This must be why everybody I know tuned in to the World Cup final between Italy and France yesterday. It all makes sense now.
I can’t get enough of this video. No wonder the dude won the award for Best Player. I love this game! Can’t wait til 2010!
- Josh Hartnett doesn’t want girlfriend Scarlett Johansson hanging out with Wilmer Valderrama. He also doesn’t want her watching Yo Mamma, but for different reasons.
- Nicole Richie is rumored to be dating 53-year-old Jeff Goldblum. And suddenly The Fly becomes the second creepiest thing he’s ever done.
- Mickey Rourke cut off his own finger because he “didn’t want it.” Ironically, thats the same thing Hollywood said when they cut off Mickey Rourke.
- K-Fed is reportedly in talks with Britney’s label, Jive records. I’m assuming they need a janitor or something.
- Rod Stewart’s fiance says she cried for three weeks straight after giving birth to their baby son. Which makes sense, because she probably cried during conception too.
What could get your heart racing with excitement even more than a blurry photo of what appears to be the newborn baby of some celebrity you’ve never met? Well in the case of Suri Cruise, who has thus far refused to validate her existence by providing us with any photographic evidence suggesting she is in fact a real human girl, you’re going to have to settle for this blurry birth certificate which suggests that, at least in the State of California, TomKat’s offspring is indeed recognized as an official human being. But still having seen no pictures, and knowing that almost anything passes for a “human being” in California, my verdict shall remain firmly on the “extraterrestrial test tube experiment” side of the baby scale.