Tom Cruise wasn’t the only one running around Manhattan yesterday- Best Week Ever was too! Check out this exclusive footage of the leather-jacketed one making his way from place to place- via firetruck, helicopter, Lamborghini and red carpet. Just another day in the life of Ethan Hunt… I mean Tom Cruise.
Last weekend, Kanye West showed up for a surprise performance at the hipster hipfest in the desert, the vortex of all hipness in the known universe, the Coachella Music Festival. Throughout his performance, Kanye sported a rootin’-tootin’ cowboy bandanna around his neck, which has recently become the latest “let’s all wear the same arbitrary fashion accessory” fad in places with a dense hipster population, such as New York City, Austin and Los Angeles. Anyway, when Kanye showed up on the decidedly un-hip TRL this Wednesday and Thursday with un-hip friend Tom Cruise to promote Mission: Impossible, he boldly continued sporting rootin’-tootin’ bandannas on BOTH occasions (see photos after the jump). So what’s up – is Kanye reading VICE Magazine or something? Can we expect him to start popping up on The Cobrasnake and Blue States Lose wearing a trucker hat and a Welcome Back Kotter t-shirt?
A now a special message from Kanye the Hip-hop-ster:
I long for simpler times. The days when you knew Thursday was “Must See TV” and there was no doubt you’d be watching NBC from 8-10pm. Ahhh… the good old days. Well, things aren’t that easy anymore. Tonight there’s a ton of good stuff on, but it’s gonna take some work (and a good DVR) to get it all. There’s Smallville on the WB, The Office on NBC, CSI on CBS, The OC on Fox, and Everybody Hates Chris on UPN to name a few. It’s not going to be easy. So that’s why I want to know, what are YOU gonna watch tonight? Vote now!
In the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair, Nicole Richie finally addresses her weight issues, admitting that she’s “too skinny.”
But that’s not enough for the salacious magazine, they also snag an interview with her psychiatrist who sounds off on her treatment and diagnosis. Dr. Jeffery Wilkins, her psychiatrist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A says: “We’re working on a systematic plan to get more calories in. If it’s not anorexia, she should be able to gain the weight. If it ends up being anorexia, we’ll help her with that.”
Vanity Fair editors were pleased with Wilkins’ candor about these very private issues and only wished that Richie’s OBGYN was as cooperative about her Pap Smear.
- Tom Cruise is allegedly in talks to sell photographs of baby Suri for upwards of $1 million. He then plans on saving the money for her inevitable psychiatric bills.
- George W. Bush has been the punchline 307 times for late-night comics on television so far this year. Yet he’s been surprisingly absent from every single episode of Yo Mamma!
- American Idol’s Simon Cowell makes $36 million a year. But he’s not in it for the money; he’d act like a prick for free if he had to.
- James Blunt’s ex-lover says the singer-songwriter isn’t packing the heat. What, you’re telling me the guy with a high voice that sings “You’re beautiful, it’s true” isn’t hung like a mule? Shocking.
- The lead singer of The Killers says his band is recording “one of the best albums of the past 20 years.” They’re calling it OK Computer and letting Radiohead do the entire thing.
- Britney’s having a girl! And so’s Kevin, when Britney’s not paying attention!
How many of you kids out there watched last night’s killer episode of LOST? For a show that seems to dangle plot info in front of you like a carrot on a stick, last night had no shortage of crazy twists and turns. I’m not going to spoil anything in the post, but I encourage you all to discuss your theories in the comments section. Also, did any of you TiVo-less viewers catch that bizarre commercial for The Hanso Foundation? Some pretty crazy stuff. And what about this secret link to the orientation video from the Dharma Initiative? What does it all mean!?!
Remember – don’t drink and drive, kiddies
Things are looking up for George Michael, the embroiled former pop star who was recently arrested for drug possession and crashing his car. Michael is getting married to longtime partner Kenny Goss in a small ceremony in England. The couple who’ve been together for 10 years are legally able to form a civil partnership in England. Which means that if they ever adopt, the child will have two father figures.
It’s Best Night Ever for Wednesday, May 3rd! Shea Hess is here to walk you through the best of Wednesday night tv, including Top Model, American Idol, Lost, and South Park!
- IMPEACHMENT: RIP Commander in Chief. We just weren’t ready for a
female presidentcrappy show about a female president. (Zap2It)
- YO MAMMA! INSULT: Yo Mamma is so mediocre, she doesn’t even deserve $134,121 compensation that a recent study reveals she’s worth! (My Way)
- PLANE VIDEO THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SNAKES OR UNITED 93: Check out this YouTube video, where a plane crash lands during a baseball game in Alaska. All four people in the plane were fine… and so was the announcer. (Deadspin)
- GIRL NEXT DOOR: Hugh Hefner’s next girlfriend. (Collegehumor)
- TATTOO REMOVAL: Charlie Sheen zapped his “Denise” tattoo. Though it probably would’ve just been easier to switch teams and date a dude named Denis. (Star)
According to news sources (via ontd), Jack White, of White Stripes/Raconteurs fame and his wife Karen Elson of Citizen Band /catwalk fame, have welcomed their first child, Scarlett Teresa into the world.
White–who suspiciously married Elson right after ex-girlfriend Renee Zellweger married Kenny Chesney–named the baby after his mother. But for while he was leaning towards calling her Suckitrenee .