- Tommy Lee & Josh Duhamel got into a scuffle at Bella nightclub in LA. This is so out of character for Tommy; I’m not used to him hitting men.
- Britney Spears is so worried about her parenting skills she’s moving back in with her mother. Yeah, because her mom did such a wonderful job.
- The jury has been selected for Michael Jackson’s latest trial. This is significant, as the number of jurors he’s dealt with in his lifetime has now officially passed the number of fans.
- Luke & Laura will reunite on General Hospital. Your mom is totally psyched.
- Hootie & The Blowfish will launch a 10-city concert series to help collect school supplies for children. Concert attendees are urged to bring some supplies for the children and some sandwiches for the band. They’re hungry.
- The curtains are closing early on Toronto’s Lord of the Rings musical. No matter. Mom was waiting outside in the station wagon anyway.
It’s Best Night Ever for Wednesday, June 28th! Shea Hess is here to walk you through the best of Wednesday night TV, including Blue Collar TV, So You Think You Can Dance?, and America’s Got Talent!
- BIRTHDAY: Lindsay Lohan turned 45 today. I think. (Blog NYC)
- BIGGEST MOVIE COMING OUT THIS WEEK: Gay Superman Returns. (Daily Ramblings via Defamer)
- SEPARATED AT BIRTH: Britney & Ursula from The Little Mermaid. The similarities are shocking. (Cityrag)
- AGREEABLE SONG TITLE: “F**k Jamie Kennedy” (Celebutaint)
- RAPPING ROCK STAR: Mike Skinner, a.k.a. The Streets. Not only does he sport some mean bling, the man loves to get his audience drunk. That’s a rock star. (The Modern Age)
With the passing of Aaron Spelling and his prolific TV legacy, we thought it would be appropriate to remember a show Spelling both co-created and used to introduce the world to the acting talents of daughter Tori: Beverly Hills, 90210. This seminal high school soap opera took an unflinching look at social issues from gun violence to AIDS to apartheid, all set within the priviliged-but-melodramatic turmoil of America’s most exclusive zip code. Since most of the original cast left the show between 1994 and 1998, we decided to split the difference and celebrate the would-be 10-year class reunion of West Beverly High School with the following “then and now” look at some it’s most notable alumni.
Name: Dylan McKay/Luke Perry
Then: The personification of early-90′s cool, Dylan McKay might have been West Beverly’s most complicated, tortured individual. Equal parts unwilling object of affection and self-destructive loner, Dylan’s myriad struggles included domestic dilemmas, romantic turmoil, substance abuse struggles and countless other personality conflicts that somehow just made him all the more mysteriously desiriable.
- I got a bunch of Nelly Furtado lined up for you today. Get ready. First up, head over to iPop and download “All Good Things Come To An End” featuring Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
- Next up we have The Late Greats presenting their Guilty Pleasures. “Promiscuous” is there along with two more Nelly tracks.
- Moving along. Shoes Are For Work has posted Nelly’s cover of Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy.” They ALSO posted Gnarls’ cover of “Gone Daddy Gone”, as well as the Violent Femmes original. Follow? Good. Let’s move on.
- Now that that’s over, visit The Perm & The Skullet to download Lou Reed’s “Coney Island Baby” before the reissue comes out in August.
- And finally, as a lifelong baseball fan I want to wish Peter Gammons and his family the best as he recovers from a brain anyeurism. The 61-year-old sporswriter is a huge music fan who even has his own CD coming out next week. Today Metro Distortion posted some mp3s from a list Gammons made of the Top 20 Songs on his iPod during Spring Training. The guy loves Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, Editors and Pete Yorn. Now how cool is that? Get well soon Peter.
Okay, I’ll be honest: I missed the whole Blade thing. Something about Wesley Snipes and Stephen Dorff fighting vampires or being vampires or being vampires while fighting vampires– sorry, just didn’t do it for me. I laughed at the posters when the first movie came out and I remember being shocked that they made a sequel (or two? I have no idea.) So you can imagine my surprise that the Blade series is now being spun off into a TV show on Spike. Should be interesting. I may give it a try– hey, if they could make Buffy The Vampire Slayer a great show I guess anything is possible.
Also on tonight: Jacques Cousteau’s son is messing with sharks on CBS, people are attempting to dance on Fox, and Criss Angel is freaking some more minds on A&E. So what are you watching tonight? Vote now!
It used to be that performers were the only people in Hollywood who truly required the services of an agent. But in today’s celebrity-obsessed marketplace, the business interests of everything from famous newborns to celebrity body parts have to be looked after by a professional team of agents, publicists, stylists and managers. For example, reader TheJay dropped this recent press release, sent out on behalf actress Anne Hathaway’s breasts, and the latest developments in their promising career. I don’t know about you, but I’ve recently found myself wondering what the “Hathaway Twins” have been up to and when I’m going to get to see them again. Please, in the interest of public breast awareness, keep dropping off the awesome links!
If you only take one piece of useful information away from this blog today, let it be this: Nobody– I repeat– NOBODY crosses Barbara Walters! Star Jones: I’ll see you in hell, bitch.
Who’d you rather… Britney or Christina? For the past seven years that question has been posed countless times by a ridiculous number of people inquiring about two of the sexiest pop stars of our generation. The comparison was inevitable: both were barely legal blondes when they started out, both released hit single after single, and both of them made watching TRL bearable in the late 90′s (despite Carson Daly), and that’s saying something.
But back to the battle. Throughout the years the general consensus has swayed back and forth. At first it was a pretty even mix, with Britney holding the slight edge. Then as Brit began dancing with snakes and making out with Madonna, a clear winner was crowned. It looked like Christina was doomed to a lifelong second-place finish. But then something happened. Let’s call that something Kevin Federline.
This isn’t news to anybody, but since Britney married her backup dancer a transformation has occurred– the girl has suffered an epic fall (see: her Matt Lauer intv.) Meanwhile, Christina has re-invented herself (again) and is hotter than ever. Recently both have posed nude in magazines. Yes, Britney’s pregnant again and Christina isn’t, but still. Both chose to get naked, so comparisons must be made. Click below to see the photographs side by side and let us know what you think.
From the usually boring and didactic world of political blogs comes this mind-bending tidbit of gossip that is just too bizzare/confusing to possibly ignore. Recent rumors have been circulating that uber-conservative pill-popping radio host Rush Limbaugh, who recently ran into some trouble for possession of unauthorized Viagra, has been dating actress Mary-Lynn Rajskub, better known as “Chloe” from 24. Tongues were set wagging after photographs were taken of Limbaugh affectionately kissing Rajskub during a recent event at the Heritage Foundation. Rajskub, who in the past has been romantically linked to the decidedly liberal likes of David Cross and Jon Brion, is as odd of a match for Rush as one could likely make. But hey, when you’re a soulless right-wing demagogue loaded up on OxyContin and penis pills, who are we to understand what the hell you’re doing?
(tip via Junkiness)