- Avril Lavigne and the lead singer of Sum 41 tied the knot over the weekend. Their wedding song was presumably horrible.
- Jessica Simpson’s dad denies spying on his daughter’s ex-husband Nick Lachey. But spying on his daughters? Guilty as charged!
- Naomi Campbell trashed her boyfriend’s yacht after an argument, causing nearly $50,000 worth of damage. You see, that’s exactly why I don’t let Naomi Campbell hang out on my yacht.
- Previously sealed court documents reveal that Michael Jackson’s nickname for Macaulay Culkin was “doo doo head”, and Macaulay would call Michael “apple head.” But don’t worry, I’m sure they had great makeup sex.
- Members of a US Marine crew are being questioned after allegedly crashing their helicopter while trying to catch a glimpse of Kate Hudson in a bikini. Not surprising at all. You should have seen the destruction they caused during the opening weekend of How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.
- Nelly Furtado is now openly bisexual. And on that note, I am now openly a Nelly Furtado fan.
It’s Best Night Ever for Sunday, July 16th! Alex is here to walk you through the best of Sunday night TV, including The Chappelle Show, Entourage, and Lucky Louie.
- America finally started caring about soccer when Zidane proved that soccer players don’t even use their hands for fighting.
- Former American Idol contest DJ Boyd went all R. Kelly on us, and not in a musical way.
- Jeff Goldblum is heading off to camp. It should be a fun summer!
- Finally, it looks like we’re going to get some hot, raunchy pictures of Lindsay Lohan. Sorry, I meant to say *more* hot, raunchy pictures of Lindsay Lohan.
- We learned the true identity of the banker on Deal Or No Deal. I always suspected it was Pat O’Brien.
- The Real World’s Paula showed us what happens when she stops being polite, starts acting real. She knocks motherf**kers out!
What else happened this week? Well, tune in to Best Week Ever tonight at 11 and all weekend long to find out. Come on, you know you want to.
Before Superman Returns was released a few weeks ago, star Brandon Routh was a bit of a mystery, known to most people only by his eyebrows and ginormous, unforgiving bulge. But the more we read and see about the guy, the more it becomes clear… that Brandon Routh is a Class One, Grade A, Top of the Line Super-Sissy.
Routh threw a fit at a London press conference on Wednesday when he complained that his makeup made him look “wimpy“, and that co-star Kate “The Breastplate” Bosworth looked more “sun-kissed and natural” (Ed. Note: Kate Bosworth is a woman.) Normally, we would be happy to put down any man complaining of not looking “sun-kissed” enough, but in Routh’s case, we’re going to give him a break. Why? Because he looks like a re-animated wax museum version of a real person, that’s why. And frankly, if a little bronzer is gonna inject even an ounce of personality into the guy, then by all means, turn his pretty little mug into a baby shoe for all we care.
If you were thinking of having a cocktail to celebrate this lovely summer Friday afternoon, but felt a little guilty about drinking before 5pm, go ahead and pour yourself a tall one – because now you’re going to need it. You might also need to gently wash out your eyes with soapy water, because last night when Dave Navarro and Tommy Lee were walking the red carpet to promote the new season of their show Rock Star: Supernova, somehow this happened:
If you’ve been wondering about the new name posting on our beloved BWE blog, we’d like to introduce you to our newest writer, the lovely and talented Michelle Collins. Michelle will now be applying the same hilarity found on her own blog to all the pop culture news that makes you love this one. But as we are skeptical of newcomers, we decided the only way to determine whether or not Michelle is fit for this awesome task is by subjecting her to the test of our weekly iPod Shuffle feature, in which she shares the first five resulting songs. Luckily, none of them were by 30 Seconds to Mars, which means we probably won’t have to send her down to our torture chamber where she would have been forced to participate in a month-long staring contest with Michael Ian Black. Judge her musical worthiness below, then be sure to post your own shuffles in the comments section. And if you’re feeling boozy, play along with our drinking game!
“Driftwood” – Travis
“I’m A Believer” – The Monkees
“No Name #3″ – Elliott Smith
“Old Joe’s Place” – The Folksmen from A Mighty Wind
“Survivor” – Destiny’s Child
One of them is still black! The other one is still white! And they’re still solving mysteries together, this week on Psych!
Sorry about that. I just had to get it out of my system.
There’s a lot of good stuff on the weekend (starting tonight with Best Week Ever, naturally), so let’s run through it. Tonight you have not one, but two different Stargate shows on the Sci Fi network, on Saturday Thom Yorke drops by The Henry Rollins Show and on Sunday you have all of your favorite shows on HBO… as well as Tourgasm. And on top of all that, we get a couple of new episodes of The World Series of Pop Culture. So what are YOU watching this weekend? Vote now!
We’re not really sure what is happening in the following clip of Elisabeth Hasselbeck on The View this morning… but we’re kind of OB-GYN-sessed with it.
God bless the fine people over at the Oxygen Network. They’re giving Shannen Doherty a 17th chance at fame with a new show entitled “Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty.” The show will consist of Doherty giving advice on breaking things off with your lover, friend or the entire cast of your hit 90′s television show. And if there’s anyone stable enough to dole out solid, concrete relationship advice, it’s a twice married, drunk-driving, Playboy-posing former child star notorious for her abusive streak.
We here at BWE have gotten our hands on a list of “Shannen Doherty’s Top 8 Ways of Breaking Up with Somebody“, and, to our surprise, she offers up some really promising constructive advice. Take a look…
If you read even a tenth as much tabloid trash as I do, you’ve undoubtedly noticed all the recent pictures of biker Lance Armstrong and his newfound Hollywood friends Matthew McConaughey and Jake Gyllenhaal. I’ve thus far managed to resist the urge to make any lame Brokeback Mountain references or other easy jokes implying that these workout buddies have some sort of sordid relationship beyond their shared love of exercise. I mean, if three studly guys can’t enjoy sweaty, spandex-clad workouts together without fear of being labeled homosexual, then what does that say about the future of physical fitness in this country? That being said, I simply cannot continue to ignore the questions raised by the sheer amount of time these three have been spending together recently. First it was just bike rides and fitness instruction, but now the trio seems to be practically inseperable, constantly photographed together at nightclubs, awards ceremonies and other venues that have very little to do with working out. Examine the photographic evidence after the jump and form your own conclusions, but I, for one, would certainly like to know just what the hell is going on here. And how far will it go? Should we expect to see shots of these guys in their underwear, having pillowfights and other late night sleepover hijinx?