I don’t know how I missed this yesterday, but MOKB posted a bunch of pictures from SXSW and included some mp3s. Head over there before it’s too late and grab tracks by SXSW faves What Made Milwaukee Famous, Tapes ‘n Tapes, Field Music, and more.
- The only reason to go over to go over to Badminton Stamps and download the Arctic Monkeys demo called "Cigarette Smoke" is because they rhyme "cigarette smoke in your eyes" and "snorting some coke off her thighs." That’s good enough for me.
- The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album comes out next week. Whet your appetite with the track "Let Me Know" posted over at Rock n Roll in the Real World. It’s a new track but it’s not on the album, so you won’t be spoiling anything if you’ve been holding out.
- A half Dutch/ half English version of the Counting Crows song "Holiday In Spain"? It’s so bizarre it kind of actually works. Check it out here, via Audiography.
- Stereogum has the Moby song "When It’s Cold I’d Like To Die" that was used in this Sunday’s Sopranos. He doesn’t, though, have an answer as to what the hell is going to happen to Tony.
Last night, Brent Buckman was kicked off The Apprentice, in part for being too fat to sell cereal. The overweight attorney from Canada, took the heat in the boardroom for Synergy’s failure to win over Post cereal executives. But mostly he was booted for being unanimously considered annoying by all his teammates (who incidentally all had "beautiful figures" according Trump.)
It appears that Buckman took his fat fish in a small pond experience to heart, and sought revenge on both his teammates and breakfast cereal. According to his website, Buckman has lost 110 pounds on a own diet of his own creation. The weight loss plan? It consists solely of the breakfast cereal’s biggest competition: The Bagel. Revenge is sweet (and buttered)
Can someone please tell us what’s happening to our beloved World Champion/Best Week Ever panelist Judah Friedlander in this picture from Premiere Magazine? Why is he getting karate chopped by That Guy From That 70′s Show? And does this mean he has herpes now? Somebody help!
If you’re like me, and you’ve spent the past few days in a state of bitter jealousy over all the coolness you missed at this year’s South By Southwest Music Festival, why not throw a little more salt onto the wound and check out Kiss Atlanta’s awesome video of the Flaming Lips covering Queen’s seminal rock opera "Bohemain Rhapsody":
Check out the pilot for the new Adam Sandler-produced short film series Gay Robot (you’ll have to figure out what it’s about on your own):
Tonight marks the premiere of season three of Jonathan Antin’s Blow Out. To celebrate this monumental event, we recommend a drinking game to get you through an hour long show that takes place in a hair salon. Every time Antin says the word "product," drink. If this season is anything like the last, which was devoted to covering the designing and merchandising of "Johnathan Product" you will be calling in sick to work on Wednesday. Actually, the trailer alone is enough to get you drunk.
According to CNN, Chef is coming back to South Park this
week (perhaps you’ve heard about the controversy), but there hasn’t been an
announcement as to who will provide the voice for the character. My guess is John Travolta. Who do you
think it will be?
(As always, answer in the comment section.)
This just in: It’s a bad idea to marry Harrison Ford.
Thanks to this clip, you never have to go see another Harrison Ford movie ever again. This sums up every single one of them. It’s simply amazing. Watch it now.
Jennifer Aniston was spotted donating Brad Pitt’s clothes to charity. The local homeless expected to now look even more homeless-y.
- Jennifer Lopez and Eva Longoria are teaming up for a yet-to-be-titled comedy. J-Lo and E-Lo? Producers have already requested two extra trailers to house their egos.
- Sharon Stone revealed that she’s looking for a guy who would "want to wear Spongebob pajamas and sit in the front row at the school play." Meaning, Sharon Stone wants to f**k a fifth grader.
- The word is: Wow. Stephen Colbert has signed a seven-figure book deal. And that’s your word.
- NBC is hoping to snag Meredith Viera if Katie Couric leaves the Today show for CBS. If you’re a female in your mid-40′s who still hasn’t gone back to work since having a baby ten years ago, this is big news.
- Brokeback Mountain is coming to DVD on April 4. More annoying internet mash-ups to follow.
Ever wonder what Jason Alexander did before he was George Costanza (and still had hair)? He was in awesome McDonald’s commercials for the McDLT. You have to check out this spot he did long ago. It’s hot on one side, cool on the other!
(Thanks to Yesbutnobutyes!)