- Britney Spears did, in fact, give birth to a baby boy early Tuesday morning. Britney is ecstatic about the new addition to the family, and looks forward to trying to maim him in the near future.
- Russell Crowe is holding a tribute concert for fellow Aussie and friend Steve Irwin. Paul Hogan, Nicole Kidman and Yahoo Serious are expected to attend, for obvious reasons.
- Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay was arrested for fighting with paparazzi outside a nightclub. Reports have yet to indicate whether there were any real celebrities inside.
- Axl Rose has been delaying the release of Chinese Democracy for years because he doesn’t want to release a bad album. He prefered to release a bad album with a lot of hype instead.
- Joe Francis, creator of Girls Gone Wild, has been fined $2.1 million for failing to document the ages of the women in his videos. He couldn’t believe that the court doesn’t consider “If there’s grass on the field, Play Ball!” a valid system.
It’s Best Night Ever for Tuesday, September 12th! Brian Faas is here to walk you through the best of Tuesday night tv, including Big Brother, Dancing With the Stars, and Nip/Tuck!
- GEEK NEWS: Now you can stop downloading movies illegally from torrent sites, and pay 14 bucks for them on iTunes. Yay! (Apple)
- DARTH KIEFER: Celebrated character actor James Cromwell joins the cast of 24 as Jack Bauer’s father. Jack’s daddy issues should make the show even more fast-paced. (TV Squad)
- PUNK’D DRUNK: Richard Branson, once again showing us all exactly why he’s the “rebel billionaire”, pulled a pretty hilarious prank on Paris Hilton at his son’s recent birthday party. (MSNBC)
- PREVIEW TO YOUR REVULSION: Now you can see an exclusive sneak-peak clip of Zach Braff’s latest navel-gazing pretentiousness in The Last Kiss. I recommed watching it with Jared Leto’s whiny music playing along in the background! (ComingSoon)
- PERV PARTROL: Some dude put up a fake ad pretending to be a woman soliciting sex on Craigslist, then posted all 150+ responses – including real pictures, names and contact info – on his blog, which has now been seen by hundreds of thousands of people. Ouch. (BoingBoing)
It’s the BWE Tuesday Afternoon Movie for September 12th! Every Tuesday, we’ll post a short film from our panelists, friends, and user submissions. Want to submit a movie? Send your short films and sketches to email@example.com.
This week, sketch group A Week of Kindness shows us an offer we really can’t refuse. Enjoy!
Itâ€™s finally here. After approximately 400 features on Terrell Owensâ€™ hamstring, 511 spotlight pieces on the essence of the Manning brothers, and 3.5 million advertisements extolling the virtues of Monday Night Football on ESPN, the NFL season has arrived.
Clearly, this is good news. And with Unsolved Mysteries being cancelled by Lifetime this fall, God knows I needed some good news. Letâ€™s take a look at three of the more interesting happenings this week; Week 1 of the 2006 NFL season.
Maimed quarterbacks make their return with emotional scars as big as their physical ones
Carson Palmerâ€™s knee didnâ€™t explode, Chad Penningtonâ€™s shoulder didnâ€™t take a hit and shoot into orbit, and Duante Culpepperâ€™s ligaments didnâ€™t spontaneously burst into flames â€¦ yet. All good news for the millions out there who own these guys in fantasy football leagues. The most frustrating thing about fantasy football is that marquee names like the ones listed above will go down every year, and all you can do is grit your teeth and hope that some clearly inferior player is on the waiver wire to fill the gaping wound in your starting lineup. This is akin to getting dumped by Jessica and then being forced to date Ashlee (before the plastic surgery.) What I’m trying to get at is, it ain’t pretty.
As we’ve already established, the untimely death of Anna Nicole Smith’s son Daniel is a terrible tragedy, and our sympathy goes out to all those who knew and loved him. But now that those sensationalists over at TMZ are reporting that his death was actually of “unnatural causes”, before anyone rushes to any sort of judgement, just remember one thing: if Anna Nicole was your mom, you’d probably wanna get high now and then, too.
While you guys are in a head-to-head debate over whether LiLo’s Stitch is real or not, this picture of Kate Hudson lands in our inbox. Ye GADS, please tell us this is doctored. It kind of reminds us of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry’s girlfriend walks around the house naked… and all is fine until she tries to open a pickle jar. Two words: One piece. LA Translation: Tumtum Tucky Time.
After reading The Sports Guy’s and Patton Oswalt’s spot-on comments about The Wire (best show currently on televsion, and I dare you to argue otherwise), I realized that we don’t mention this amazing piece of TV around here much, and few others really seem to be talking about it, which is a shame because it will change your life like you’re Zach Braff listening to “New Slang” for the very first time. As I don’t usually care about “cop shows”, I was late to “The Wire” party myself, jumping in late last year – and man how I wish I would have given it an earlier shot. But to atone for my own sins against awesomeness, I am going to bring the gospel of good TV to you people today. Season 4 premiered last Sunday night on HBO, and here’s an Emergency Action Plan for those of you who haven’t been watching, but don’t want to miss anymore of the amazingness:
(a) Set your TiVo to record ALL episodes of Season 4 (the premiere is still re-running all week), then set them to be kept permanently until you delete them (indicated by the little green dot next to them). If you do not personally own a TiVo or other DVR device, find someone who does and pay them to do it for you.
(b) Clear out your schedule.
(c) Buy or rent every single disc of the first three seasons (go to every video store in town if you must) and blow through them as fast as you can. Do not be afraid about the impact this behavior could be having on your social life as I assure you there’s nothing about it even nearly as interesting as Detective Jimmy McNulty.
(d) Refer back to step A and catch the f*ck up.
Strict adherence to these instructions will result in enormous joy in your life, and a slew of e-mails thanking me for generously providing you with such essential living guidance. Class dismissed.
With Paris Hilton getting turned away from Bungalow 8, shut out by Ian Schrager and dissed by Richard Branson, this 1950′s movie spoof dropped by reidlevin has never been more timely. Watch it now, and make sure you stay tuned for the double feature “Tom Cruise: The Wolf-Boy”.
Got something you want us to see? Drop it now!
- The Muso has another leaked track from the Damn Yankees of dorky indie rockers, supergroup Swan Lake. Grab it before it’s gone!
- Aquarium Drunkard seems to be in on my little secret for seducing the ladies: always have a few Serge Gainsbourg tracks lying around.
- If you’re into Of Montreal, you’re really gonna be into YANP, who was all into posting their unreleased new track.
- Shoes Are For Work has successfully converted me to the religion of rocking practiced by The Bishops. Can I get a Hail Mary?
- I know it isn’t an mp3, but the new music video for Band of Horses‘ “Great Salt Lake” over at Scenestars just makes me smile.