Check out this preview for the updated Duck Hunt, created for Nintendo’s hotshot new video game console, “Wii”. Maybe the bajillion-bit flashy graphics will somehow make shooting ducks over and over for hours on end somehow less boring! Also, what happened to the dog that laughs at you every time you miss?
- Music (For Robots) tries to hurry up and post a Sufjan Stevens song before the dude writes like 87 more.
- Our friend Scotty Stereogum drops off the latest whining-with-power-chords offering from Muse, but isn’t really sure what to make of it.
- Sample these goods from up-and-comers Cloud Cult – the most rocking thing to come out of Minnesota since Kirby Puckett!
- Kentucky Fried Awesome has a few of the new Zero 7 songs, which also happen to feature the talented Jose Gonzalez.
- Aquarium Drunkard stumbled on some promising tracks from relatively unkown newcomer Ben Weaver.
We know there are only three contestants left on American Idol. But don’t forget that there are loads more left on Google Idol. They may be less famous, less talented and less familiar with Elvis songs, but these lip-syncers have made some formidable home-made music videos. Vote for your favorite and show your support for performers with
real talent time on their hands. Props to jackh01e for dropping off the link to one our favorite work diversions and reminding us that our vote still counts (on things that don’t matter).
Gah! What to watch tonight? There’s a 7-minute X-Men preview on FOX, a new True Life on MTV, a That 70′s Show retrospective, and most importantly a handful of season finales including Smallville and My Name Is Earl. And of course, the finale of my favorite comedy on TV. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you which one it is. It’s been one of the biggest success stories of the year. People are calling it the funniest show on television. Its star has even branched out from TV to movies. The show that I’m talking about is, of course, Eve. On tonight’s season finale Shelly’s (played by Eve) mother Beverly finally reveals to Yusef that she is pregnant with his child. Meanwhile, Janie discovers that Rita is secretly throwing Botox parties at the store! Oh that Rita! She’s incorrigible! Be sure to tune into the UPN tonight for the season finale that everybody will be talking about tomorrow!
Oh, and the season finale of The Office airs tonight as well. What are YOU watching? Vote now!
There have been so many incarnations of David Hasselhoff, from young, heroic Knight Rider, to hunky, morally-enlightened Baywatch lifeguard, to booze-riddled German crooner.
Just imagine a game that has all of them, plus Atari-style graphics.
In Hoff Invaders on Transbuddha, a hunky adaptation of Space Invaders, you must destroy the many rows of evil Hoff heads by using the space bar and moving your spaceship back and forth with the arrow keys. But beware, when you play with the Hoffs’ you’re playing with fire. Just like the real thing.
- According to a recent poll, Tom Cruise is slightly more popular than President Bush. In a related story, President Bush is planning a surprise visit to Manhattan next week in which he’ll use Air Force One, a Naval Aircraft Carrier and a Stealth plane you don’t even know about to run around the city and hug firemen.
- David Blaine underwent a brain scan following this week’s failed stunt. The machine – unable to detect anything magic, or even remotely interesting about the “illusionist” – stopped examining him halfway through the procedure, malfunctioning from sheer boredom.
- At Syracuse University, you can take a course studying the lives of Tupac and Lil’ Kim. The course is offered through the Criminal Justice department and is entitled, “How to do jail time when you’re rich and famous 101″.
- Kate Beckinsdale is worried she has stank breath. Maybe if she stopped doing all those stupid vampire movies, she could cut down on the garlic.
- Thanks to our brilliant friends over at Google, now you can use the Trends tool to see just how many other people are using the search engine to stalk your ex.
I’ve never claimed to understand Lindsay’s taste in men– from Aaron Carter to Colin Farrell to whoever that dirty guy was that she was photographed kissing the other day. I don’t get her. But this time… this time she’s gone too far. Lindsay Lohan is hooking up with Garry Marshall??? Lindsay! What’s wrong with you? He’s 71 years-old, you’re 19! Thats sick! I know you have daddy issues, but Garry’s old enough to be your grandfather. Do you have granddaddy issues too? And Garry, you should be ashamed! Dating a woman 52 years younger than you. Actually… I take that back. You’re cool.
Sorry. I just can’t believe Lindsay gets around the way she does. I mean, the fact that she’s hooking up with everybody she’s photographed with is just a little too much to handle. Click below to see a picture of Lindsay’s face after Garry tells her there’s not even a movie role in this for her. Read more…
Shot of the day:
Here’s a picture of an excited Kelly Clarkson about to take flight with the Blue Angels, the US Navy’s Flight Team. The excitement, as it turns out, was short lived. Somebody should have warned Kelly that 65% of passengers get sick.
“I have a little bit of a fear of small planes,” Clarkson said. “I was trying to overcome that today. I felt so bad, because they had to clean up the plane.”
Bubble boy David Blaine sat down with GMA for his first interview to reveal how he’s feeling after 7 days in a fishbowl. Not surprisingly, he’s pretty beat up:
- he has sharp shooting pains in his muscles
- he can’t really move
- his skin is covered in blisters and rashes
- his back is burned to a crisp
- he feels like a complete failure
Sure he’s lost his credibility as a master illusionist and got bent out of shape in the process. But he didn’t stage this event to show the world his magic skills. He did it show the world his cut, upper body.
It’s Best Night Ever for Wednesday, May 10th! Shea Hess is here to walk you through the best of Wednesday night tv, including Top Model, American Idol, Lost, and Unanimous!