Since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, it would only be right to report that Madame Tussaud’s wax statue of Bono was recently unveiled. Interestingly, even as a wax statue, Bono managed to give a rambling but inspiring speech about debt relief, poverty, and rock and roll. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Wax Bono! (larger pictures after the jump)
By now you’ve probably heard how Tom Cruise used his Hollywood heft to pressure Comedy Central into cancelling the re-broadcast of South Park’s controversial Scientology episode (which, ironically, ends with Cruise ranting and raving about how he’ll sue everyone for making fun of his beliefs).
You’ve also heard about Scientologist Isaac Hayes leaving the program after taking offense to the show’s poking fun of religion (namely, as creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone insightfully pointed out, when it’s his own). But what does all this corporate showbiz gobbleygook really mean, and how can the whim of one man lord over a major media conglomerate? Allow me to explain:
This is the new face of the indie-rock music scene, people. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Paul Scheer is down in Austin, Texas for the South by Southwest music festival, and thankfully he’s posting his photo journal to keep us up to date on what’s going on.
Morningwood totally showed me what it was like to be a Rockstar. They
let me get on Stage with them but I had to wear this outfit, do
callenstics and give Chantal a piggy back ride throughout the
Now that’s rock and roll. Check out Paul’s Journal here, and be sure to keep checking back for updates on what’s going on in Austin, who’s going to be the next Arctic Monkeys, and who you should add as your MySpace friends ASAP. I mean, just take another look at that picture. Paul knows what’s up.
Since we don’t have a new show this week, it’s up to you to choose who is having the Best Week Ever! The choices:
- Chico, the former goat herder and male stripper who become the first Arab to top the British pop singles chart?
- Robots, who through the kindness of the U.S. Army, finally get to harm humans.
- James Lipton, who’s show Inside the Actors Studio has returned to having A-List actors, including Al Pacino, Don Cheadle, Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, and Tom Hanks.
- Or Haldis Gundersen, who due to a confused worker in the bar below, got beer instead of water out of her faucet.
Vote in the comments section! (Write-in candidates welcome…)
I give you the single most genius idea in the History of Cinema…
Natalie Portman: Actress. Sex Symbol. Rapper. World Patrol Kid.
Most people have embarrassing videos from their childhood– luckily, we don’t all have them available for download on the internet. Natalie Portman does.
Before bursting onto the scene in The Professional, Miss Portman was a part of another… er… professional organization: The World Patrol Kids. This group consisted of a few kids whose primary goal was to convince the children of the world that they can make a difference and save our environment. And how did they spread that message? Through singing, dancing, rapping, and through absolutely hilarious music videos. Last Stop: This Town found a bunch of them. You have to download all of them now– and keep your eyes open for a rapping Natalie at 2:12 in during the second one. Her rap totally motivated me to go save some endangered species.
In celebration of
St. Patty’s Day binge drinking yourself into an unholy oblivion with dyed beer, our friends over at CRACKED Magazine have created some handy greeting cards to share with friends, loved ones, and random people you plan on alienating later tonight with your neanderthal-esque behavior.
Call me crazy, but I think I’d enjoy Lost a whole lot more if Drunk Jakey G was running around the island. Wouldn’t you?
This is just one of the many amazing photoshops we’ve already received. Where’s yours? Click here to get the Drunk Jakey G’s to work with, and then email them to:
I’ve included a couple more great submissions below. Remember, the best one gets a prize. So get going.
- According to a poll taken by Diva magazine, Angelina Jolie is the woman most lesbians want to go to bed with. She was also the woman most babies wanted to have as their mommy in Starving Refugee magazine.
- The Beastie Boys say that though they have nothing against Three 6 Mafia, Dolly Parton was robbed at the Oscars. And with that statement, they are now officially old men.
- Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock are in negotiations to revive the Speed franchise. This time they will be on a Segway with a bomb and a disabled gyroscope.
- Shaquille O’Neal is expecting a baby girl, and his wife Shaunie Nelson is expecting a really painful delivery. You know, because Shaq is so big.
- Yoko Ono has approved of a Pay-Per-View seance that will attempt to contact John Lennon. This will be a good test as to whether instant kharma really will get you.
ALEX HAD THE BEST NIGHT EVER WATCHING AMERICAN INVENTOR,THE O.C. and THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!