Since the advent of user-submitted video sites like YouTube and iFilm, we’ve been trying to think of a new word to capture the essence and awesomeness of previously forgotten footage from the 80′s and 90′s that has been given new life via the Internet. That word is YouTubular, which is the new tag we will apply to all the clips that don’t really have anything to do with anything – other than being awesome. Like the video below, dropped by reader ocdfreelancer, depicting the lovely ladies from Saved By the Bell in a classic coordinated dance routine!
Kevin Federline is Playing With Fire. Which exactly why you should be playing with Playing With Fire.
What’s K-Fed’s upcoming album cover going to look like? If Lisa S is anywhere close, the answer is AWESOME. Submit your entries to email@example.com Anything goes. We’ll post our favorites, and every week we’ll be awarding prizes to the best of the best. So get to it, y’all. PapaZao!
- Bruce Willis wants more kids. Ex-wife Demi advises him to just follow in her footsteps and marry one.
- Jessica Simpson dyed her hair red. At least that’s what people tell me… I’ve been staring at the picture for 45 minutes and still haven’t noticed.
- Sheryl Crow is standing up for Coldplay, a band that she thinks doesn’t get the respect they deserve in the US. Chris Martin replies, “Thanks, but you’re not exactly helping.”
- Lil Wayne says “I am the Kobe Bryant of hip-hop.” Which is exactly why he’s not allowed anywhere near white women in Colorado.
- President Bush says his best moment in office was when he caught a 7.5 pound fish. I’m inclined to agree.
So imagine you’re engaged to the hottest guy on the WB and you can’t even take him to your high school prom! It happened to Kenzie Dalton, the pageant queen turned teen home wrecker, who’s engaged to One Tree Hill’s Chad Michael Murray. When school officials found out he’s 24 (and going through a divorce) they banned him from her prom citing a “no date over 20″ rule. Don’t they know that 24 is really 16 in One Tree Hill years?
In honor of National Prom Month, check out some vintage celebrity prom pictures here. If you think CMM is a sketchy date for a teenager, think back to who singer Brandy brought for her big night in ’96.
This website has a pretty hilarious list of titles for Harry Potter fan fiction that might be best unwritten. Some of these are laugh-out-loud funny:
Harry Potter and the Uneventful Year When No One Tried to Kill Him
Harry Potter and the New Love Interest Who Happens to Have the Same Name as the 15-Year-Old Girl Writing this Fanfic
Harry Potter and the Uncomforatble Oversexualization of Minors
Harry Potter and the E Street Band
Harry Potter and the Things You Have to do to Get By in Prison
Harry Potter and the Prisoner Detainees of Azerbaijan
Harry Potter and the Wand of Franchise Extension
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pizza
(via Boing Boing)
This week on SNL, host Tom Hanks was the lastest celebrity in the Samberg/ Parnell musical meat grinder. In this “SNL digital short” Hanks bypasses the Natalie Portman-style gangsta rapping, and instead portrays an early 90′s Right Said Fred rip-off who doesn’t want you to touch his testicles.
Watch the clip here.
Props to dyanysus1116 for dropping it (and not touching our testicles.)
The year is only five months old, but already we’ve had to say goodbye to some of our favorite shows: Arrested Development was pulled off the air, 7th Heaven wraps up tonight, and according to a friend of a friend Matt LeBlanc was in some show called Joey that also won’t be coming back.
With a bunch of other shows going the way of the dinosaurs (and the Dinosaurs), one tends to be left with mixed emotions. Sometimes you’re happy that you don’t have to endure another season of Will & Grace– Upgrade! But other times, you’re left feeling empty and Jennifer Garner-less– Downgrade! Go vote now!
Even though the wounds inflicted by Hurricane Katrina have yet to heal, the citizens of Louisana could be facing yet another horrifying disaster – Britney Spears and Kevin Federline moving back to the pop princess’ home state. What will happen to life in the sleepy town of Kentwood, Louisana when residents are suddenly confronted with the terrifying reality of a du-rag wearing, blunt-smoking white boy who is constantly having loud “rap battles” with his “OG homies” from suburban Fresno whilst his barefoot bride looks on disdainfully instead of paying attention to her child, who is always playing in traffic? Even by Southern standards, is rural Louisiana ready for the redneck antics of the Spears-Federline clan?
Beverly Hillbillies, indeed.
- Daily Refill and ProductShopNYC cope with the difficulty of not getting Radiohead tickets by posting a bunch of the band’s new material, leaked from live performances.
- The Rawking Refuses to Stop is rawking some nice live cuts from Jeff Tweedy.
- Villiage Indian has a bunch of good mp3s, including the must-listen track from buzz-addled newcomers Beirut.
- MOKB is celebrating their namesake horse race with some good covers from Band of Horses and My Morning Jacket.
- YANP posts a nice springtime song from Snowglobe, an amazing band who also happen to be friends of mine.
- Mocking Music isn’t making a mockery of the impressively prolific pop masters in Bishop Allen.
If you still don’t believe Katie was really pregnant, here’s more strategically placed proof: Katie’s nursing bra. On a recent night out to dinner with Tom, Katie’s low-cut shirt just happened to reveal the bra she wears to feed Suri. We’re sure Tom had nothing to do with this fashion faux-pas. But if you’d like to see Holmes’ stretch marks, all you have to do is ask.