Breaking! Check out this prophetic McDonald’s commercial from 2001. It features a fresh-faced and still closeted Lance Bass playing “Spin the Bottle” with the rest of Nâ€™Sync squad, plus a surprisingly well-kempt Britney Spears. The result of Lanceâ€™s over-eager bottle twirl isâ€¦ wellâ€¦ the final expression should sum it up nicely.
What are you doing tonight at 10 pm? If you had any sense, you’d be curled up on your couch with a diamond studded pashmina at your feet, watching the third installment of Project Runway. Props to reader stilettoxmafia who dropped a thorough and fun Project Runway Drinking Game! We’ve tacked on some extra things to watch/sip out for tonight.
- One for Time Gunn saying either “make it work” or “carry on.”
- One for a product placement references. Example, “Send your models to the Tresemee hair salor and use the Macy’s accessory wall.”
Proppers to Defamer for catching this clip of Collin Farrell (who might still be rattled by his recent super-fan troubles) on The Today Show, which sent us into a hellish flashback when Colin begins loudly proclaiming that Matt Lauer is being “glib”. If this outburst wasn’t stress-related, but instead just an ill-conceived attempt at Cruise humor, he should have completed the bit by doing Tom’s Thetan Dance right there in Rockefeller Center. You don’t half-ass on “The Cruise”, especially when you’re surrounded by a crowd of gawking midwesterners who came all the way to NY to see it.
- Allie Is Wired is plugged into several tracks from Johnny Cash’s final American album, including an amazing cover of Gordon Lightfoot’s 70′s feel-good classic, “If You Could Read My Mind”.
- Central Village is not ashamed to love Girl Talk, but what about pillow fights during pajama party sleepovers?
- MOKB says it is safe to play with Shiny Toy Guns, so long as you’re being supervised by a parent or Charlton Heston.
- Gorilla vs. Bear says that you need to rock the BOAT, if for no other reason than coming up with the greatest album title of all time: Songs That You Might Not Like.
- YANP ventures away from the blogosphere long enough to see a rock show and give us the resulting hype verdict on blog-buzzed indie rockers Cold War Kids: they’re apparently “good live”. Breathe a sigh of relief and rejoice!
Our friends over at Double Viking pointed out some website’s list of the Top Five TV Intros All Time. While this nostalgic stroll down TV memory lane was certainly enjoyable, we were more than a little dismayed to discover that OUR favorite TV Intro of All Time was conspicuously missing. So after you check out what those guys call “the best”, watch the true genius below and help us understand why there is no justice in the world.
Arbitor of Truth Â© US Magazine reports that Tori Spelling will only be receiving .16 percent of her father’s multi-million dollar fortune, as a result of a falling out with mother Candy Spelling. Estimations report that Spelling will only reap a measly $800,000 out of the death-pact, which as any ex-alum of 90210 knows, is barely enough to pay the help (read: Brian Austin-Green). It’s gonna be a tough life for Tori Spelling, but we believe that with enough miserly know-how and financial smarts, she can still live a pretty good life. Here are a few tips to help Tori save/earn some cash:
1. Melt down your 24K gold toilet and sell it for cash. Then, crap into Ziplock bags.
2. Remove your breast implants and use the saline as contact lens solution.
Is that a little baby bulge we see, Tom Hanks? We’re thinking it is, judging by how proudly you seem to be showcasing your bulge at the Ant Bully premiere. We think other Hollywood A-list actors should take your cue and be proud of their bulges — it’s one of the most beautiful things Mother Nature has to offer us! And we like nothing more than an A-list bulge swathed in stone-washed denim. Keep it up, Tom!
Tonight we bid adieu to one of the most influential shows of our generation. Actually, let me rephrase that- THE most influential show of our generation. A show that has made us laugh, made us cry, and touched us in ways we never dreamt imaginable. Tonight, when the final episode comes to a close and the credits begin to roll down the screen, a part of each and every one of us will die. We’ll never be the same. And we’re going to have to learn to live with that… one day at a time.
So goodbye, Blue Collar TV. We shall never forget you.
What are YOU watching tonight? Vote now.
- Shiloh Pitt will be the first Messiah turned into wax at Madame Tussauds, thus officially kicking off Zahara‘s “middle-child syndrome.”
- The Singing Office, a new show on CBS, challenges two cubicle-gnomes to a singing showdown, making sure hundreds of people will never make-out at their Holiday Party, ever again.
- Zach Braff takes over for Chevy Chase in an upcoming Fletch prequel. Chevy Chase too busy pimping out his daughter to even notice.
- Wait, so are Fedora’s the “Hot New Hat“? 39 percent of you are looking at me like I’m crazy right now, and the rest of you are busy smacking your bitch up.
- Finally — are you the biggest fan of Snakes on a Plane? Great! Now’s your chance to win an official… poster? Boo.
After years of living the lie of fierce heterosexuality in order to maintain his macho boy band image, former ‘NSync ladies man Lance Bass dropped a bombshell on everything we know about masculinity by revealing to People Magazine that he is actually gay. While we admire his courage and hope he is now able to live a happier life, many of us are still feeling a combination of shock, confusion and disillusionment. I mean, who’s next – Clay Aiken?