- NOT QUITE NIP-SLIP: The kinda-freaky cover of the latest babytalk magazine, complete with wide eyed baby and areola-less mammary. Pick one up today! (Consumerist)
- CROTCH SHOT: When you’re around Tom Cruise, protect yo’ nuts. Seriously. (Defamer)
- FRAGRANCE: If I smell like Derek Jeter does that mean I’ll be able to pull the same gorgeous women as Derek Jeter? There’s only one way to find out. (A Socialite’s Life)
- SLIP UP: Bush slips up again, only this time it’s not while speaking. The fourth picture is the best. (Yahoo)
- INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT SURVEY RESULTS: Gisele has the best hair. Sienna Miller is second. Sleep easy tonight. (Hot Online News)
While Mel Gibson may be schooling us in scandal, don’t you dare, for a second, believe that this is the lowest point of his career. In fact, the worst thing to happen to Mel Gibson’s career is the following PSA made in 2003. Why the worst? Check out Gibson’s co-star… Oh and if you listen reaaally closely, he definitely says some junk about Jews. (“I stopped Jew.” “I stopped JEW.” It’s there.)
Mel Mania continues here at BWE (“All Mel, All the Time, Until Lohan Messes Up Again”) with the release of this photo, taken at Moonshadows bar in Malibu, depicting a very Mad Max cavorting with a couple of god-fearing Aryan princesses only hours before getting arrested while delivering his impromptu address on sweetened breasts, the true ownership of Malibu, and Judaism’s destructive effects on world peace. In the comments, help us guess what these girls said to get Mel so riled up about religion.
Let’s face it: Morticians get a pretty bad wrap. Only after HBO’s Six Feet Under did we choose to accept morticians as the sexy, well-dressed, formaldehyde-scented guys they really are. Well, one clever funeral director in California is making even our darkest fantasies a reality, with his 2007 Men of Mortuaries calendar. Yes, this is serious. The money goes to benefit breast cancer patients, which is pretty awesome, however the psyched expressions on their strong-jawed faces is more than a little off-putting. But hey… it’s better than this “What Cats Teach Us” calendar (which, for the record, is that you are really and truly alone.)
Best Week Ever’s 100th episode is getting a lot of buzz. Some big celebrities are talking about it… big celebrities like Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
He’s not the only the one. Make sure you tune into BWE Friday night at 11 to see who else is talkin’.
- How could Mel Gibson Week ever be complete without an official theme song? Luckily, Christian rockers Evanescence (how appropriate) have a timely new single entitled “Call Me When You’re Sober” you can listen to at AOL Music to help pass the time in rehab.
- If there’s one thing the world desperately needs, it’s more weird “rock collectives” from the Netherlands; which is why you’ll be so excited to cuddle with Teddybears over at Opendeur.
- YANP puts on his horn-rimmed glasses, picks up some Camus, pours a class of Cabernet and gets in touch with his sensitive indie-dork side with a little help from the scholarly sounds of The Mountain Goats.
- I always thought beer was What Made Milwaukee Famous, but this indie rock band from Austin seems to be suggesting it was actually something else. Crack open a Schlitz, click over to Scenestars and decide for yourselves.
- After you go to Withoutsound and listen to tracks from Say Hi To Your Mom, don’t forget to actually Say Hi To Your Mom for me. Cause I totally did her. Hahaha, oh man – some junior high jokes just never get old.
In light of the heatwave, it seems like the major television networks are doing their part in conserving energy: they’re making me NOT want to turn on my TV tonight. Thanks guys!
Yeah, you have Rescue Me and Last Comic Standing , but that’s about it. Unless you’re watching one of the three boring reality shows (The Real World, Big Brother, Work Out) you’re probably in the same boat as me. A hot, sweaty boat with not a lot on TV. And it’s shark week. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?
So what ARE you watching tonight? Vote now!
While most of the world is caught up in senseless bloodshed and war, Hungary is focusing on the important matters at hand: Bridge naming. Hungarian politicians left it up to the common folk to name a bridge being built across the Danube. And who did the Hungarians, those land-locked people who boast having the highest alcoholism and suicide rates in all of Europe and the world, decide the bridge should be named after? Chuck Norris, that’s who. Norris beat out other entries such as “Bob Marley” and “It Will Never Happen”, making it the most popular choice.
But of course, one could never cross The Chuck Norris Bridge — The Chuck Norris Bridge would stretch your pathetic body between the two land masses and cross you. Speaking of which, check out this classic Conan O’Brien moment featuring the best Walker, Texas Ranger clip… ever.
I can’t heaaaar youuuu! Oh, wait, there’s nobody here. Sadness
Leave your caption guess in the comments for this picture of Corey Feldman performing at his own 35th birthday party.
Do you ever find yourself craving a delicious Big Mac from McDonald’s, but can’t afford the burger’s exorbitant $2.99 price tag? Well hunger no more! Even if you can’t spring for one of the “classy” Big Macs on the regular menu, arkham introduces us to some beefy burger aficianados who figured out a way to use Mickey D’s budget-friendly Dollar Menu to create a “Ghetto Big Mac” with just a double cheeseburger and a little culinary creativity. Move over, White Castle – fine dining has finally found its way into the ghetto!