Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed a daughter into the world via caesarean on Saturday and named her, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. Aww what a sweet name, and unlike Suri it actually means something: Shiloh Nouvel translates directly to the New Messiah. It’s too soon to know if she’s the second coming, but with her $5 million picture deal with US Weekly going straight to the children’s charity UNICEF, she may be the holiest celebrity baby on the planet. Suck it, Moses Martin.
It’s Best Night Ever for Monday, May 29th! Robin Hopkins is here to walk you through the best of Monday night tv, including Deal or No Deal, The Apprentice, and Real World Road Rules Challenge!
A while back a bunch of talented directors made promos for Best Week Ever. Anything goes. Here’s the “Kabob” trilogy. Enjoy.
Speaking of Best Week Ever, don’t forget to tune into a brand new episode Tonight @ 11. This week’s drinking game: In honor of Memorial Day, drink every time there’s an Explosion, Fire, or… Maya Angelou. Have fun!
We mentioned this yesterday and have already gotten a bunch of responses, but since most of you people in bands are dirty dirty drug addicted hippies (and I mean that in a good way), I’m going to bring it up again.
Want to get your music out to hundreds of thousands of people every week? Well, it’s easy. Get your music on our BWE Podcasts. All you have to do is:
1. Upload your music onto your website, MySpace, whatever.
2. Head over to our Drop It section and submit the link.
3. Tell your fans/friends/family members/ complete strangers to “Prop It” up.
That’s it. You should click here for further details, but I’m telling you it’s easy.
Not in a band? Well, head on over to the Drop It section now and listen to some of the amazing entries we’ve already received and Prop your favorites!
There are certain readers of this blog, let’s call them “Claymaniacs” for lack of a better term, who get very angry with us whenever we even implicity call into question the sexual preferences of their beloved almost-Idol, Clay Aiken. They leave comment after comment, incredulous as to how we could possibly get these wacky ideas that Clay is anything but the paradigm of woman-loving masculinity. Well, to those people, we submit this video, possibly the gayest thing I’ve ever seen outside of cutoff denim shorts and military boots. I mean, Ryan Seacrest is the straightest thing happening on that stage, if that tells you anything. Enjoy this performance of a song made famous by Elton John, George Michael and Freddie Mercury – as sung by Clay Aiken and his loving male counterpart:
- Let’s get the Memorial Day weekend – and the summer – started off right with links to four separate summertime mixes thanks to the Brooklyn Vegan.
- Nothing says summer like a good Bloc Party. Thankfully, Rewritable Content throws us a couple tracks from their Coachella set.
- MOKB, who has recently proven himself to be the single best mp3 blogger on the Internet (in my opinion), continues going cover crazy with this awesomely random mix, including a bizarre Ben Folds version of Snoop/Dre’s classic “Bitches Ain’t Shit”.
- YANP brings us the good news that Page France, a small but incredibly promising indie pop group, has finally signed with a label and will be releasing a full-length album at the end of the summer. Whet your appetite by snacking on these 5 tracks from a recent radio session.
- And finally, Bob Dylan turned 65 this week and to celebrate, Kwaya Na Kisser has the entire set from his recent performance at the New Orleans Jazz Festival.
Tony– we’ve had some good times. You’ve made us laugh, you’ve made us cry… with laughter… and you’ve made us realize that only a few people can handle a daily daytime talk show. YOU, my friend, were one of them. Damn the powers that be, Tony. We’re never going to forget you. Much love.
Holy sh*t, this video is SOOOOO messed up. While hosting a wildlife guy on his show, Jimmy Kimmel is bitten by an enormous deadly snake and rushed to the hospital – live on camera! I know at least one talk show host who won’t be seeing Snakes on a Plane this summer…
Okay, okay – so the video was a prank set up with the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. But still, it was pretty awesome.
First of all, it’s Memorial Day Weekend- you should be spending the whole thing outside (weather permitting, naturally.) However, if you CAN’T spend it outside, don’t worry, there’s plenty of stuff on TV for you. Like The Henry Rollins Show on IFC, Tim “The Toolman” Allen on Inside The Actor’s Studio (seriously), and the sure to be amazing Hallmark movie The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb starring the guy from Starship Troopers. Beyond that you have the premiere of My Fair Brady: We’re Getting Married and new episodes of Hogan Knows Best and Supergroup on VH1. Oh, and speaking of VH1, there’s this show called Best Week Ever that I think you should check out. So, what are YOU watching this weekend? Vote now!
This is the cover of the latest Bongo Magazine, in which the decreasingly famous Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari seems to be checking for hernias as these two gay men turn their heads and cough.
(image via ONTD)