Zach Braff’s old blog on his Garden State website originally began as a way to promote his directorial debut. It then morphed into a platform to promote his buddys’ music and a way to let girlfriend Mandy Moore know that he doesn’t want to marry her. But now that Braff has stepped out of the shadows of Garden State and launched his new site ZachBraff.com, he’s figured out even more ways to use his blog namely: to find unpaid personal assistants. On this video tutorial posted on his site, Braff talks about plans to host a ZachBraff.com short film festival where the winner will get to be his personal assistant for a day. We’re sure he’ll attract some talented aspiring filmmakers who will be eager to learn how a real Hollywood director takes his coffee (with unrefined sugar, you little b*tch!)
Like many people my age, I grew up absolutely loving Weird Al Yankovic. But for whatever reason, I haven’t heard a new Weird Al song in a very long time (I think “Amish Paradise” might have been the last one). I know Al’s still doing his thing and putting out albums, but he’s not been getting nearly the kind of attention he commanded back in the 80′s. In fact, the last time I heard Al mentioned in the press was for his recent campaign to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which he rightfully deserves. But now it looks like Al is finally getting back to what he does best – making fun of crappy pop music. That’s why I can’t be happier that Al is turning his attention towards James Blunt’s ubiquitously awful schmaltz-fest, “You’re Beautiful”. Check out “You’re Pitiful” for yourself, and keep an eye out for Al’s next album!
You have to give it to Jeremy Piven: who else would start a fight with Stephen Dorff to help drum up some publicity for Entourage? Well, I mean I’d like to fight Stephen Dorff, but who else would do that?
What else is going on this weekend? Well, The World Cup is underway, so put aside your complete disinterest in soccer for a couple of weeks and embrace Team USA. Deadwood starts back up on Sunday, as does Bridezillas on WE. And on VH1 you have new episodes of Best Week Ever (of course), My Fair Brady, Hogan Knows Best, and Supergroup. So what are YOU watching? Vote now!
- Brangelina and co. will return to Malibu this weekend, to resume rubbing their joy in Jennifer Aniston’s face.
- Pete Doherty checked into rehab again, but he claims he thought it was a supermarket.
- Jessica Simpson and P.Diddy have a red carpet scuffle at CFDA Awards, over who’s more three years ago.
- Lindsay Lohan says she never hooked up with a member of the band McFly. But Marty McFly should give her a call
- Right Said Fred are making a comeback. Willing to admit they’re not too sexy.
- Lots of celebrities smoke pot to relax. But mostly they’re just using it as a gateway drug.
- Kelly Osbourne to host UK’s Project Runway. Singing career was just a way to get into to reality show hosting.
- Angelina Jolie has replaced her Bill Bob tattoo with one that honors kids Maddox and Zahara. Like that relationship will last.
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, June 8th! Dan Hopper is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including Gameshow Marathon, MTV Movie Awards, and Windfall!
- FREUDIAN PHOTO: Hugh Jackman is really bending over backwards to disprove those pesky “gay” rumors. (Dlisted)
- OBVIOUS OBSERVATION: Scarlett Johansson’s breasts voted “Best In Hollywood”, making official what everyone with vision has already known. (Life Style Extra)
- GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE GOOD NEWS: Hot Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl says she wants to make a sex tape. (ITLYITW)
- BUSIEST RETIREE: Jay-Z, who keeps putting on shows despite his constant claims that he’s not going to do any more shows. (MTV News)
- POTENTIAL TARGET FOR DRIVE-BY BB GUN SHOOTING: Britney’s buff manny is causing bodyguard drama unseen since Whitney Houston sang all those crappy songs about Kevin Costner. (Daily Dish)
When some celebrities make out in! public, it’s like Christmas all over again. UPGRADE) While others should get a room, lock it and throw away the key. DOWNGRADE! Vote on which stars make PDA look sexy and which ones have you pleading Make it stop! Make it stop!
- The first blog I ever visited, The Modern Age, has a cover of the greatest rap song of the past 5 years: Kanye’s “Gold Digger.” Go check it out.
- I love me some Adam Green. A Plague of Angels has a few tracks off his new album, as well as the must-have “Dance With Me” from Garfield.
- The good news: Finally, there’s a new Jurassic 5 track out and it’s on Gorilla vs. Bear. The bad news: It features the Dave Matthews Band. Maybe you have to be in a fraternity to appreciate that.
- Watching that David Hasselhoff video a thousand times got me in the mood for some more actor/musicians. Thank god The Late Greats posted Minnie Driver tracks today!
- And finally, today Musikoon is featuring three tracks from Pavement, three from the Mountain Goats, and three from Sonic Youth. You really can’t ask for more than that.
Dealing with crazed, stalkerish super-fans is part of being a superstar, but a kid from San Francisco named Zach Slow is lowering this criteria a bit with his crazy scheme to raise $10,000 in order to “go out and party for a night” with Lady Sovereign, a female rapper who’s popular but not really famous enough to warrant this kind of extreme fanatacism. Slow doesn’t seem to have a specific reason for his bizarre quest, but he’s put a lot of time into his website, raised almost a third of his stated goal, and has gotten official world that Lady Sovereign will accept his date if he raises the full amount. So go consider his strangely amusing plea and decide whether or not you want to help. Who knows what could happen – nobody ever thought Britney Spears would end up marrying some back-up dancer from Fresno.
Now that the lovable, lisp-able Full House star/ recovering meth addict, Jodie Sweetin is making a comeback, as the host of the new Fuse Network show Pants-Off Dance-Off– a series that challenges contestants to strip to popular videos, it got us thinking about the career successes of the rest of the Full House cast. 20 years after the show first aired, who’s on top of the world and who’s fallen off the face of the earth? We needed some way to compare the careers of all the castmastes. So we crunched some numbers, sniffed some markers and constructed the very first pop-up Full House Career Pyramid. CLICK ON THE IMAGE, THEN SCROLL OVER THE HEADS WITH YOUR MOUSE to find out why Stamos is on top of the heap and why Kimmy Gibbler, is lucky she made it on the pyramid at all.