Last night, cutting edge talk show host Jay Leno welcomed a very special guest to The Tonight Show, “Lonelygirl15“, who we now know is actually Jessica Rose Leigh (the kind of name high-profile murder cases just love). It seems Lonelygirl’s mission to rise to stardom is working out nicely, as she’s got Leno eating out of her filthy lying hands. While we never got into Lonelygirl’s Youtube saga (we aren’t teenage girls or middle-aged men), judging by her stage presence on The Tonight Show, we don’t necessarily see her becoming the next Rachel McAdams. But we think that being forced to dance with Tucker Carlson is punishment enough, so we wish her the best.
- Despite losing several campaigns following her cocaine scandal, Kate Moss is still expected to earn more than $54 million this year. Finally! She’ll be able to afford the good stuff!
- Dog The Bounty Hunter and two of his co-stars were arrested Thursday. The arrrest went down “without incident’, which Dog admits makes for really, really boring television.
- Russian officials have changed their minds and will now allow Madonna to blast off into space. They were swayed after being forced to listen to her new album.
- Thanks to a court ruling, the Rock Star band “Supernova” now has to go by the name “Rock Star Supernova”. So try to remember that in six months when you’re rummaging through the bargain bin.
- Mariah Carey says God solves all of her problems. She just wishes he had more spare time in 2001 to talk her out of Glitter.
Gary Brolsma, the husky New Jersey kid made famous for his interpretive dance routine of Moldovan dance hit “Dragostea din Tei” (better known as “Numa Numa”), is back, once again bringing his sweet moves to the denizens of the Internets. Check out his latest opus and tell us what you think – Godfather II or Rocky V?
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, September 14th! BWE announcer Leer Leary almost made it onto the most controversial season of Survivor ever, so he came in for a special BNE to give you all the dirt!
- QUOTE: Matthew Perry on the Friends Porno: “All of the characters are sleeping with each other except for the guy who is playing Chandler, this is true, who throughout the entire film just sits in the corner wearing a sweater vest and masturbating.” (Celebrity Week)
- PHOTOSHOP: If you haven’t read gay wrestler Big Red‘s account of “seducing” Tom Cruise, please do so. We still can’t get past the image of Tom Cruise in a “little cap thingy” with “chin strap.” (Defamer)
- YOUTUBE FANTASY: Stylus Magazine ranks the “Top 100 Music Videos of All Time”, and Michael Jackson‘s Thriller ranks at #27. Look, we know he pushes Jesus Juice on little boys, but camman: Thriller’s the best! (Stylus Magazine)
- COED NAKED FUNDRAISING: Marc Jacobs launches a “Protect the Skin You’re In” T-shirt line featuring naked celebrities (Naomi Campbell, Winona Ryder) to raise money for melanoma research. We’re all for donating to a cause, but a naked Rufus Wainwright cannot be worth more than $4.99 in anyone’s book. (Flickr)
- TOO SOON REMARK: While covering the tragic death of Anna Nicole‘s son, E! adds that a sedative was administered to the “formerly zaftig model.” And just when you thought that “Fat Anna” couldn’t possibly be mentioned, America does it again. (E! Online)
If you missed today’s episode of The Tyra Banks Show, we really feel sorry for you: It was beginning to end beyond brains unbelievable. But this clip, where Tyra Banks shows a tanorexic girl what she’ll look like in 20 years, may have just about gone too far… unless they assume the girl picks up a meth habit at 30.
- Idolator wastes no time, posting two tracks by obscure 70′s girl group Honey Cone their first day on the job.
- Girlpants has four Pulp B-sides from their newly reissued albums. You should already be over there downloading.
- Speaking of B-sides, I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has some brand new Pete Yorn B-sides available today.
- Zeon’s Music Blog posted two tracks today: Franz Ferdinand’s phenomenal cover of Gwen Stefani’s “What You Waiting For” and The Magic Numbers covering Franz Ferdinand’s “Take Me Out”. Download them both.
- And finally, ten years (and a day) after Tupac was gunned down in Vegas, FiftyOne:FiftyOne has some essential tracks for you to download.
Now that the LonelyGirl15 saga has played itself out, videobloggers all around the world are trying to step up and fill the void. We recently stumbled upon a few videos by a girl who calls herself DesertedChick22. She’s good, but really makes you long for the far-more-professional days of the one and only LonelyGirl. Check out DesertedChick’s videos here. I think she needs a little work (especially with the product-placement).
Some things are so awesome they require no comment. This photograph, taken at a surprise birthday party for rapper Nas, is definitely one of those things. Play around with it, send us the results (email@example.com), and we’ll post anything funny we get.
Britney Spears unveiled a new look for her website today. And, well… if Snakes on a Plane had a website equivalent, it would be BritneySpears.com. The site features a tiger’s head morphing Black or White-stizz into Britney’s sultry gaze. Only that when the twain faces meet, it isn’t sexy so much as it is a half-mongoloid/half-zombie looking to laid. Oh, right, and there’s growling. And it’s terrifying. Seriously, we had to take a Xanax. Plus, the site is only under construction! Cut to three months from now, when clicking on BritneySpears.com cues a man to jump out from your cubicle and slit your throat.
The good news? The only option right now on the site is to “Tell a Friend” or “Join the Club.” We’re not sure what sort of backward, baby-popping, gum-snapping, brink-of-breakdown club this is, but we’ll totally sign up if she makes us Historian.