Tom Cruise is currently training Suri to be a superbaby. According to reports, “Tom Cruise has purchased all of the Baby Einstein DVDs and books to begin baby Suri’s “enhanced learning” program.” He also purchased so-called ‘genius toys’ and flashcards, and tossed aside the two month-old’s regular infant toys. While Katie Holmes is reportedly upset about Tom’s rigid schooling, we think he just wants to give his daughter every opportunity out there. You know the Scientology Center doesn’t accept just anyone.
I know how hard Monday mornings can be. Still feeling the fun you had last weekend, depressed over the eternity seperating you from the next one, buried under the weight of all the work that’s piled up. Well, your friends here at BWE, with the help of our buddy Stereogum, are happy to bring you the one thing that is guaranteed to cheer you up and turn your Monday melancholy into the kind of joy known only to lottery winners, Jessica Alba’s boyfriend and ecstasy addicts. I give you … “Stars Go Blind”, the first song from Paris Hilton’s new album!
1. So the experiment worked. Blend Vince Vaughn’s smart-alecky frat guy humor with Jennifer Aniston’s generic feminine appeal, add a heaping spoonful of manufactured tabloid gossip, and you have a great recipe for tricking enough people into the theater to put an otherwise forgettable romantic comedy on top of the box office chart – $38.1 million
2. Just because this movie made less than a quarter of what it did last weekend, doesn’t mean director Brett Ratner will be any less over-rated, or any less determined to continue making his masterpieces of mediocrity – $34.4 million
3. Over the top CGI movies about talking animals who sound conspicuously like movie stars are like ATM machines for movie studios – $20.6 million
4. I think the public has finally cracked the code and discovered the truth about how much this movie sucks – $19.3 million
5. After this weekend’s huge numbers, the movie is now only about 2 million dollars short of reaching it’s goal to gross as much as the studio spent promoting it. Helicopters and sports cars ain’t cheap, people – $4.7 million
This past weekend, Zachary, the youngest member of the mmm-boppping boy-band Hanson married his long time girlfriend Kate Tucker in Atlanta. Zac, who is 20, followed in the footsteps of his older brother Taylor who wed his longtime girlfriend in 2002 when he was just 18. Now Tay-tay’s even got a four year old kid. Meanwhile 25 year-old Issac, the oldest brother-member of the band is still unwed. In the eyes of the uber-religious Hanson clan that makes Issac an old maid and potentially still a virgin. But if you want a Hanson who’s past his expiration date (but still fresh as a daisy), call up the Hanson Hotline, it was updated last week and we’re almost positive Isaac will pick up.
Summer’s here, and Elisha Cuthbert (star of The Girl Next Door and everybody’s second-favorite Paris Hilton movie, House of Wax) was spotted at Hyde night in Hollywood over the weekend sporting the coolest new celebrity accessory.
It’s called a cigarette, and just check out how cool she looks with it dangling out of her mouth as she stops to sign an autograph for a (hopefully young and impressionable) fan. Smokin’! Damn she looks good! Watch your back James Dean!
Now all somebody has to do is inform her that you’re supposed to light it.
Cracked has a list of the 10 Movie & TV Duos that were probably gay. Noticeably missing: Zack & Slater, Bart & Milhouse, and Tony Almeida and Jack Bauer on 24. Yeah, that’s right, I called Jack Bauer gay. How else do you think he stays so intense for 24 hours straight? You need somebody riding your ass.
Who else do you think they missed? (link via Gorillamask)
It seems that the end of the Spears-Federline union is near. Spears has reportedly signed preliminary divorce papers against Kevin. Sources say “Britney has already started seeing lawyers about splitting with Kevin. She is serious about it and even though she’s pregnant she knows that she has to get things moving,” according to News of the World. Part of the problem is that Kevin has been leaking private information about their relationship to the press in exchange for money. But with our buy one get one free coupon, this story didn’t cost a thing.
- Paul McCartney’s soon to be ex, Heather Mills, once posed for porn pictures, but she it did for the baby seals.
- Kristin Cavallari may replace Jessica Simpson in Dukes of Hazzard prequel, and in Hollywood.
- Lindsay Lohan drops out of next movie. Luckily her life’s giving us enough entertainment.
- Scientology is joining forces with NASCAR. It’s time to evacuate the country.
- Tom Green involved in near-deadly fishing accident. Perfect for a Tom Green special.
- Avril Lavigne wants to quit singing in order to act. But does she really need a reason?
- An OJ Simpson sex tape is rumored to exist. Almost as embarrassing as being on trial for double murder..
- Shiloh Nouvel has already received loads in free swag. They’re just giving stuff away at the Playstation/AOL tent in Namibia.
It’s Best Night Ever for Sunday, June 4th! Robin Hopkins is here to walk you through the best of Sunday night tv, including The Simpsons, Sopranos, and The Simple Life!
Your American Idol Taylor Hicks dropped by the BWE studios this week to thank his beloved Soul Patrol for all their love and support. Judging by Taylor’s glossed over eyes and exhausted demeanor, it’s been a loooooooong week. Hey, nobody ever said being an Idol was easy.
If you’re a member of the Soul Patrol, this one’s for you. WOOO!