- MAKING HER POINT: Paris Hilton proved stars really are blind (and not very picky) by making out with Travis Barker. (Egotastic)
- MURDERER: CNN’s Nancy Grace straight up killed a bitch. Well, okay, maybe not “straight up”… but kinda/sorta. (Breitbart)
- HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD: Here’s a list of five comedians who have lost it. And yes, don’t worry, Eddie Murphy is included. (Cracked)
- SAVE THE DATE: If you’re a freshman in college, you need this list of the important dates to remember. Make sure you commit these to memory… especially November 10th. (Collegehumor)
- CELEBRITY TRANSLATOR: The Daily Show teaches us how Bush’s speeches would be so much more enjoyable if Little Richard was there. We couldn’t agree more. (YouTube)
Check out “Ghetto Superstar” Mya at the Heatherette fashion show, modeling what’s sure to be a hot hot hot look for Spring 2007: FUPAs. Nothing like an Urkel-high waist, button-by-the-vag and a bad angle to make even the slimmest of celebrities look like your Mom waiting to pick you up from flute practice circa 1991.
- It’s B’Day over at My Old Kentucky Blog with a new Beyonce track, a couple indie rock Beyonce covers and a whole bunch of other assorted Beyonceness.
- For the latest in their “one EP a month” project, Bishop Allen released a 14-song live performance from Cambridge, MA – 3 of the songs are available on their home page.
- The Rawking Refuses to Stop has live tracks from The Silver Jews. Just don’t tell Mel!
- Stereogum is spreading the word about a forthcoming album of Four Tet re-mixes for songs by artists such as Radiohead, Bloc Party and Sia.
- Gorilla vs Bear wants you to hear the smart & sexy sounds of the Hot IQs.
Since we’re all so obsessed with Meredith Vieira’s first day on Today, which is today, we would remiss you let you miss this priceless little piece of TV, in which winged monkey Willard Scott and moustached munchkin Gene Shalit (who I could just stare at all f*cking day long) welcome Vieira to the show by awkwardly dragging this unwilling Dorothy down their “yellow brick road” (whose destination I really don’t want to know. Check it out!
Yesterday’s TRL featured a rather interesting segment in which Justin Timberlake, on the show to promote his new album futuresex/lovesounds, is played a series of animal mating noises and forced to identify each sexin’ species. What would have been really awesome is if some prankster backstage would have suddenly cued up audio of Cameron Diaz moaning. Anyway, the fun starts around 1:45 in the clip below. (via The Jane Blog)
After 14 years of marital bliss, Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown have called it quits. Over the course of their union the couple had one daughter, Bobbi Kristina, and countless dealers.
The question now is, who will they rebound with? In Bobby’s case, it’s rumored that he’s wasted no time and has already moved in with Karrine “Superhead” Steffans. Whitney plans on weighing her options before jumping into anything serious. However, if she can’t find anybody decent, she’s got one hell of a last-resort waiting for her.
So, as the universe is aware, this morning was Meredith Viera‘s first day at NBC’s Today Show. And they certainly wasted no time submerging Viera in Today’s time-honored tradition of pitting greedy couples against one another to win a free wedding. But leave it to Matt Lauer, hot, sexy, buff man of men Matt Lauer, to let the ritual Today Show hazing kick in and turn all Ike Turner on Viera’s ass. Katie Couric would nevah — NEVAH! — stand for that kinda crap. Nam myoho renge kyo, ya’ll. Nam myoho renge kyo.
Sure, we all got pretty swept up in last week’s “Suri on the Cover of Vanity Fair” frenzy, but there was one bald vegan ambient music-maker who was not impressed by the very public debut of the cute little Cruisebot. Moby had this to say on his blog:
are you kidding me?
putting your f*cking CHILD on the cover of vanity fair?
are they out of their minds?
using children as p.r props does disgust me, i have to admit.
in the grand scheme of things fame pales in comparison to family and child-rearing.
i don’t know tom cruise and katie holmes, but i really cannot for a second fathom
the mindset of parents who would sell pictures of their children and use their
children to get better press coverage.
i’m sorry, i try not to be too judgemental, but it’s gross.
Hear that Crazy McSpacecase? Moby’s got your number and you DO NOT want to see what happens when the proprietor of TeaNY gets pissed off enough stop telling us President Bush is an idiot long enough to pontificate the hopless vapidity of our celebrity-obsessed culture. You’re in big pacifist trouble, Mr. Cruise!
We’ll only see it because we can’t turn down the on-screen showmance of Steve Guttenberg and Betty White. Oh, and we loooved Maid in Manhattan.
(Link via Defamer)
Ashlee Simpson is apparently not done with her full body/slash/image makeover. The young Simpson will join the cast of London’s Chicago as the unflappable Roxie Hart on September 25. And if this accompanying suburban-mall Glamour Shots is any indication, she’s born for the part! Simpson’s casting in the 1920’s era musical follows some other celebrity footsteps: Usher is currently starring in the musical on Broadway until October 1.
Will the “size 0” starlet be able to pull off the role? Our gut instinct says “No”, judging by her other live performances which have nearly always gone horribly wrong. Then again, judging by all of the recent plastic surgery she’s had, who’s to say doctors haven’t replaced her vocal chords with the voicebox used by Conky 2000 on Pee Wee’s Playhouse. Only 12 more days til’ the British tabloids rip her apart…